Opinion Former federal treasurer Josh Frydenberg tipped to become next AFL CEO. (Edit: He has reportedly said not interested)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Funny there was a tweet announcing Frydenburg as the CEO by Kon Karapanagiotidis has now been deleted.

Maybe Kon does know something, maybe Gil might move on earlier from the CEO job , according to this tweet , if true , Gil was pulled over and booked for speeding.

The question is was Gil speeding to or from Joshs place ?

Shane Heard

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe Kon does know something, maybe Gil might move on earlier from the CEO job , according to this tweet , if true , Gil was pulled over and booked for speeding.

The question is was Gil speeding to or from Joshs place ?

So what?

Going 10kms over the limit is done by 99.9% of the population every day all day and normal driving

Do better with your Josh devotion posts in future

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
I'm glad people were able to becomes suitably outraged by this before it turned back into the nothing it always was.

I can't see how anyone but Brendan Gale gets the job. He turned a rabble into an absolute powerhouse.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Fair bit of talk around now that Frydenberg planted this false story himself.

Personally I have less than zero doubt this is the case. As would anybody who’s had anything to do with him.

who knows who started it but if a sensible individual applied basic timelines it would be quite the performance by Josh to get the gig so quickly after leaving politics.

TheBigHorne

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2022
Inside your house
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not that this is the thread for it but RWNJs calling the left 'snowflakes' is just about the biggest hypocrisy in the world today.

Nobody gets more offended over nothing/something that never happened than those morons.
RWNJs calling the left 'snowflakes' originated from SJW cringe compilations that were popular on the internet from 2016-17. They often showed hysterical behaviour by 'people on the left' who were seen as overreacting and stuff. Hence why they describe the left as snowflakes. It's a strawman, buzzword and proves nothing really.
There's no such thing as "transphobia". What's there to fear of people who cosplay as the opposite sex?
Apparently a lot according to the TERFs you claim to support.

Big Animal

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
How would Josh have time to run both the AFL and Big Footy?

Wosh

Admin
May 27, 2007
Bluestone Station
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Roy!
WTAF

Cleaned up
This is the AFL board, the politics and gender discussion threads are over there —->
If you can’t post on topic and also without name calling and abuse towards others, then just don’t post.
Thanks

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HairyO

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I have to question how the CEO of the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre is in a position to know who is going to become the CEO of the AFL.

But I also find it interesting (and a little gross, personally) that so many heavy hitters in footy media have offered at least muted support of Frydenberg being the AFL CEO. Hutchison, Barrett, Browne, Cornes, Whateley. People who (based on their social media activity) lean towards the Liberal Party in their political support.

I think it shows a distinct lack of awareness of the feel from the general population. Frydenberg is an incredibly unpopular person, particularly in his home state.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its far more about pandering for the free Grand Finals tickets the CEO can hand out to the compliant media.

Kram

I'll brik u
Suspended
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Couldn't do much worse than the other peanuts we have had over the years.

Demonic Ascent

Bang! Bang bang bang!
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Fair bit of talk around now that Frydenberg planted this false story himself.

Personally I have less than zero doubt this is the case. As would anybody who’s had anything to do with him.
What a flog. Maybe the Sun can do another front page exclusive on what a great family guy he is to convince the proles he is the right guy to run their game.

BigPond101

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
When you say that Frydenberg is a 'Transphobe' do you mean he has a problem with what adutls choose to do to their bodies or what consenting adults choose to do in the privacy of their own homes? That would be bad

Or do you mean he doesn't want kids under 10 to be bombarded with trans material all day at school when they are trying to learn the times table or how to write their names ? Or if little 5 year old Xavier decides to wear his mum's skirt one day for a laugh he doesnt want him booked in for gender reassignment surgeory next week ?

Freomaniac

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You reckon? The same guy who said his party didn't have a women problem?

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg has denied claims that powerful men are able to get away with bad behaviour because people stay silent to protect the political party.
He was responding to extraordinary allegations made by former foreign minister Julie Bishop in an interview on the ABC’s 7.30 report on Monday night, where she revealed a group of male Liberal MPs who dubbed themselves the “big swinging dicks” tried to stymie her career. She added she wasn’t surprised that some women chose not to report to police.
That is very sad to hear this.

Josh frydenberg is scum

Kram

I'll brik u
Suspended
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I think Tony Abbott could do a good job.

abbott.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad