Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor enough understanding of how list structures work here. You can move CONTRACTED players to the rookie list too, it didn’t have to be uncontracted players only. I think that’s why schultz was so annoyed.
Guys like Stefan Giro Reece Conca, Taylin Duman, Mitch Crowden and Travis Colyer (all well behind him in the pecking order, both in 2020 and projecting their actual value into the future at that time) were on the main list at the time and could have been moved instead.
Making Schultz, who went on to become quite a valuable asset, an unrestricted free agent for life, was a very bad list management move by bell. It was a clear error, irrespective altogether of how Schultz himself felt.
We were VERY lucky Schultz just happened to be signed another year last year when he requested the trade for family reasons. If he had been out of contract (it appeared to be pure luck for us he wasn’t) Collingwood would have picked him up for nothing as a UFA and we would have received a second round pick as compo that would have been in the 30s.
Such a big mistake on our part…yet we still ended up with a first and second round pick for him. Clearly wasn’t that huge of a mistake then. We wouldn’t have gotten more even if he wasn’t a FA.

Schultz seemed to have such a big ego and expectations for a guy that blew of our list management team multiple times for a trip to Bali instead of being thankful for the opportunity we were giving him to literally have a career.

Such a big mistake on our part…yet we still ended up with a first and second round pick for him. Clearly wasn’t that huge of a mistake then.

Schultz seemed to have such a big ego and expectations for a guy that blew of our list management team multiple times for a trip to Bali instead of being thankful for the opportunity we were giving him to literally have a career.
Way to miss the point eh.
I don’t care about Schultz or his ego.
But it was still a mistake to make what turned out to be a valuable future asset a UFA. The only reason we have collingwoods R1 pick is sheer blind luck that Schultz was still in contract when the trade request was submitted. not any brilliance on the part of bell.

Poor enough understanding of how list structures work here. You can move CONTRACTED players to the rookie list too, it didn’t have to be uncontracted players only. I think that’s why schultz was so annoyed.
Guys like Stefan Giro Reece Conca, Taylin Duman, Mitch Crowden and Travis Colyer (all well behind him in the pecking order, both in 2020 and projecting their actual value into the future at that time) were on the main list at the time and could have been moved instead.
Making Schultz, who went on to become quite a valuable asset, an unrestricted free agent for life, was a very bad list management move by bell. It was a clear error, irrespective altogether of how Schultz himself felt.
We were VERY lucky Schultz just happened to be signed another year last year when he requested the trade for family reasons. If he had been out of contract (it appeared to be pure luck for us he wasn’t) Collingwood would have picked him up for nothing as a UFA and we would have received a second round pick as compo that would have been in the 30s.
You delist a player in contract their pay for the contracted year still counts against tpp for the year you delist them in. The choice was to use a new mechanism the AFL created to allow clubs to retain uncontracted players without delisting them (and risk their pride) or cost our cap like 200k or something minimum.

People getting sucked in by whoever that ex-Eagle is who has a podcast. The bald one with a beard.
His poddy ramped up the "disrespect" factor as clickbait.

Most folks reason with their emotions so that's all they will respond to.

Schultz gave us Cooper Simpson and a first-round draft pick. Meanwhile he took his little roid belly back home to what must have been a sea of famly troubles and started spudding it up.

Nothing to fret about here.

Looking back Schultz I would have extended over Valente, as despite his lack of form at the time, Schultz had at least shown some of what he could do, Valente was all potential and the occasional good WAFL game, he hadn't proven worthy of a 2 year extension at that point, it's a shame he decided to retire when he did though, as it would have been nice to see if he was any good.

People getting sucked in by whoever that ex-Eagle is who has a podcast. The bald one with a beard.

Schultz gave us Cooper Simpson and a first-round draft pick. Meanwhile he took his little roid belly back home to what must have been a sea of famly troubles and started spudding it up.

He's such a knobber.

Podcast goes like this:

• asks a question then looks down at his laptop to read his next question, which for some reason he needs to do three minutes in advance (I'm pretty sure he went to a very expensive private school)
  • guest gives something interesting, he asks his next question because he's invested so much time into it
  • next question total non-sequitur; kills any momentum or possible interest
  • if it's a Freo player, makes some snarky remark
  • 'corrects' the player and bangs on about some incorrect shite that a casual follower would know (like when he said the Dockers played at the WACA like 10 years ago)
  • has his little beta sidekick chip in something (is promptly ignored by the guest because he's a wussy little nobody who wants to talk about, like, the hot chips at Subiaco Oval)
  • winds it up in the most awkward way possible

I got pissed a while ago and sent the ****wit a message saying what a campaigner he is because he made some really disrespectful comment about a bloke who was a, yknow, better bloke (and footballer) than him and old numbnuts messaged me back saying how rich he is and how he's 'making even more money than when I played AFL.' found that either a shocking indictment of how dumb Eagles fans are for watching it or how dumb he is for taking shit contract offers from the Eagles. but tbh just shows he's a lying knobhead.

'so talk us threww ya daybooo'

'well that morning I actually received a call from George Bush. it was the morning after 9/11; night time their time. he told me about how they were planning to invade and-'

'yeah right, crazy. so you played a bit at the East Perth footy club. how was that at the Lions, playing with guys like Matt Priddis?'

'have ya had a Shelter before? I bloody love em, love a beer.'

(proceeds to drink two-thirds of a single tin in a two hour interview)

Haha he does look at the laptop like he is betting the house on the horse race during work hours
I genuinely think he might be remedial. I'm not being smart either.

He also reckons he's the smartest bloke in the room too.

Not lying but that's the ilk of person who makes you want to quit a job.

I actually warmed to him initially because he was really high on us in like 2022 or whatever but all of that went out the door immediately after they trade period last year when he replied to every tweet abt Schultz with his podcast clip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually warmed to him initially because he was really high on us in like 2022 or whatever but all of that went out the door immediately after they trade period last year when he replied to every tweet abt Schultz with his podcast clip.
Yeah, there was a bit of love due to the Peel link.

Really went hard trying to boost his profile of that interview and the Schultz departure.

Players come and players go. If they want out, let them go.Same as Schultz.
But the thing that got me, if it is true was that he said everything was Ok before going to Bali, but all the time he was doing a deal with Collingwood.
He was a handy player but not a real match winner for us.

He's such a knobber.

Podcast goes like this:

• asks a question then looks down at his laptop to read his next question, which for some reason he needs to do three minutes in advance (I'm pretty sure he went to a very expensive private school)
  • guest gives something interesting, he asks his next question because he's invested so much time into it
  • next question total non-sequitur; kills any momentum or possible interest
  • if it's a Freo player, makes some snarky remark
  • 'corrects' the player and bangs on about some incorrect shite that a casual follower would know (like when he said the Dockers played at the WACA like 10 years ago)
  • has his little beta sidekick chip in something (is promptly ignored by the guest because he's a wussy little nobody who wants to talk about, like, the hot chips at Subiaco Oval)
  • winds it up in the most awkward way possible

I got pissed a while ago and sent the ******* a message saying what a campaigner he is because he made some really disrespectful comment about a bloke who was a, yknow, better bloke (and footballer) than him and old numbnuts messaged me back saying how rich he is and how he's 'making even more money than when I played AFL.' found that either a shocking indictment of how dumb Eagles fans are for watching it or how dumb he is for taking s**t contract offers from the Eagles. but tbh just shows he's a lying knobhead.
Lol reminds me of the time where they replayed the banners interview after the game to him on backchat. Could of been the lions ones or crows , where he had to cover down back, think it was with 6pr.

They asked banners be careful of doing to good in defence otherwise you may find yourself there permanently. Banners jokingly replied it's ok, but what Backman can kick goals lol. Scholfield took real offense to this and made a nasty snide remark about banners lol

He got very giddy with that "scoop".

The only thing he has done, other than being the bloke who tweeted about "the player's code" when Nick Suban dared to give details to the tribunal about CHRIS MASTEN ****ING BITING HIM.

And then deleted the tweet.

Lol reminds me of the time where they replayed the banners interview after the game to him on backchat. Could of been the lions ones or crows , where he had to cover down back, think it was with 6pr.

They asked banners be careful of doing to good in defence otherwise you may find yourself there permanently. Banners jokingly replied it's ok, but what Backman can kick goals lol. Scholfield took real offense to this and made a nasty snide remark about banners lol
If you are reading Will we are impressed with one thing: That you only got 1 brownlow vote in 194 games. That's right up there in rarefied air.

If you are reading Will we are impressed with one thing: That you only got 1 brownlow vote in 194 games. That's right up there in rarefied air.
Lol was that his reply wasn't it to banners

Imagine being so offended that was his comeback lol

"roid body" lol

Snide is the word.

He's a nasty little turd.

He had Shaun McManus on one and I reckon Shauny was about two seconds from walking out.

Shaun mentioned drinking at the Leopold and Fed and auld buggalugs went 'what before footy?!' and Shaun was like 'still played alright mate.'

Getting annoyed at Schofield isn't worth it, he's just a man with an opinion at the end of the day no matter how much I may disagree with him.
And we follow a club who kick some inflated kangaroo skin around.

He's a right twit and deserves the negative attention if he wants to parade around on his podcast. what was his position, even? had some genuine great players around him like Hurn and McGovern who did the heavy lifting.

And we follow a club who kick some inflated kangaroo skin around.

He's a right twit and deserves the negative attention if he wants to parade around on his podcast. what was his position, even? had some genuine great players around him like Hurn and McGovern who did the heavy lifting.
I don't know man if a podcast is saying stuff that annoys me I would think the normal reaction is just stop listening to it, as far as you're concerned it doesn't exist anymore.

One thing about Schofield is that he seems to answer every single negative comment he gets on Twitter with comebacks that are the equivalent of saying “champ” ie not in the slightest bit funny or clever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back