Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be putting my money on Collingwood. He'll reunite with his old mate. Hopefully a few years of them spudding it up together.

I think St Kilda paying overs and somehow undermining King even further remains the funniest possible option here.

(Outside of West Coast drafting him on the cheap as injury cover for Flynn and Williams, just in time for their ressies to transfer to the VFL.)

Saints, Melbourne or even Collingwood will look at Lobb

Saints is a good shout actually, seems to be the home of former Freo personnel these days, they seem desperate enough to try anything to help bolster their forward line

Surely the Dees and the Pies can do better then Lobb though

HAHAHAHAHA

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I reckon the Saints are that desperate they will roll the dice

Chapter 4 of “ The Adventures of Lobb the Flog “ is set to be the best one yet
Ross brought him to Freo, so it wouldn’t surprise me to be honest

Edit: pity they don’t have a second round pick to trade for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people on here have such a warped perception on Schultz talent back then? He played every game in a position we had no depth in.

Rookie someone who’s still contracted is actually much more disrespectful and is actually something a player should take offence to. Not someone who signs the exact same contract he would have signed before except he gets moved to an imaginary list because the AFL cut list sizes.
We've probably moved contracted players to rookie list most years in the last 15 years. Other clubs do it regularly too. Its a list management strategy not disrespect.

Moving Schultz to rookie list isn't either but how often does it happen to second year player that's played 20+ games. ****Ing never is the answer. He had every right to a feel a bit confused. Isn't a reason to though just him covering up the real reason.

Moving Schultz to rookie list isn't either but how often does it happen to second year player that's played 20+ games. ****Ing never is the answer. He had every right to a feel a bit confused. Isn't a reason to though just him covering up the real reason.
Leaving out the part where a once in 100 years pandemic completely changed the rules and cut list sizes on short notice?

Pretty simple answer to any confusion

He was a cancer towards the end of his time at Freo. We did well getting two second round picks. Effectively
Meek, Lobb > JOM, Davies, Knobel

Lobb - pick 32 (which became 35 Davies) and F2
F2, Meek > JOM and F4
F4 > 42 (Knobel)
That’s actually really shit in the end.

Leaving out the part where a once in 100 years pandemic completely changed the rules and cut list sizes on short notice?

Pretty simple answer to any confusion

As was pointed out by Dockeroo a few pages back there was 4-5 other players we could’ve moved to the rookie list.

It was a strange decision at the time and remains so. I don’t think it’s why Schultz left the club though.

I’d love to know the philosophy behind announcing he wants a trade now. All he will be doing is ensuring everyone at the Bulldogs hates him as well as their supporters.
Colon probably thinking it can drum up the most interest by assuring everyone the Dogs will let him go.

I’d love to know the philosophy behind announcing he wants a trade now. All he will be doing is ensuring everyone at the Bulldogs hates him as well as their supporters.
He’s having a little hissy fit to make a point that now that Naughton is injured he’ll be expected to fill in.
Bit of fu Beverage

Hope Bevo does a fu back , holds him to his contract and plays him in the VFL for 2 more years

As was pointed out by Dockeroo a few pages back there was 4-5 other players we could’ve moved to the rookie list.

It was a strange decision at the time and remains so. I don’t think it’s why Schultz left the club though.
Why those other players? they would have been rated similar to Schultz, he was a helicopter merchant in his first 2 years.

He had a choice to join GWS at the time but decided to go on our rookie list, it really wasn't a big deal at all.

He's a mercenary. He left GWS because of money & only chose to play for us over Eagles because we would pay more.

It's all about the money for him and where he can get the longest contract (until people figure out that he's not very good). I'd heard he dad felt hard done by in a work deal so he's always taken the same attitude to look after himself which wouldn't help having Colon Young in his ear.

I don't think for a second it's why he left the club, but it's really not as disrespectful as people are making it out to be.

Do players not have to agree to changes in their contract? Which player is going to do that with all the uncertainty that came with covid? Much harder to rookie a contracted player in those circumstances than any other year.

Any rational person will realise - hey, this year is a ****ing anomoly and if it weren't for crazy circumstances that no one saw coming then one of those two main list spots would have been mine. There's 16 other guys in this position and only three us can get a main list spot, and two of them are better players than me. Being signed to a rookie list means nothing and I'll still get paid the same with the added bonus of being an UFA. Lucky me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back