Foxtel - how atrocious has it become year after year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more interested in how long people have been able to pull off the cancellation bluff call to get a cheaper price before Foxtel call the bluff.

I'm currently at 2 years, with my current deal due to expire in April.
For the foreseeable future I'd say.

It's been going on forever, I reckon I've been doing it for like 10 years and it was happening for a long time before that.

It's probably even more now because with Kayo around it's not a 'bluff' anymore. It' not 'if' you will get anything off it's just what it is and are you happy with it.

edit - I mean now some even tell you to ring up in 6-12 months haha and they send out text messages when it about to expire.

Bold move to make AFL praccy matches Kayo exclusive
Pretty sure it was just this week's one. Next week its back on Fox Footy I think.

Also, Foxtel group, owns Kayo anyway, so strategically I think they won't mind pushing people to their streaming service. They might have got a few trials/conversions out of this.

Pretty sure it was just this week's one. Next week its back on Fox Footy I think.

Also, Foxtel group, owns Kayo anyway, so strategically I think they won't mind pushing people to their streaming service. They might have got a few trials/conversions out of this.

more thinking of the pissed off Foxtel subs that always seem to think they deserve free Kayo logins being narky

and yeah, actual pre season games are on Foxtel going forward. Just a lot would be keen to see the first hit outs

Interesting to see what quality it is. I've seen some pretty crap club delivered streams that are miles from broadcast standard. Maybe it's something like that?

Agree with others they could make this a freebie for Foxtel customers.

Everyone wants something for nothing, its human nature. You get what you pay for, but cop whatever you get for nothing. Broadcast standard pictures are no different.
FTA is no different either.

Everyone wants something for nothing, its human nature. You get what you pay for, but cop whatever you get for nothing. Broadcast standard pictures are no different.
FTA is no different either.
But i want something ive paid for. As a foxtel sub they should have emailed us a temporary logon and password for the kayo games. Im not paying twice

But i want something ive paid for. As a foxtel sub they should have emailed us a temporary logon and password for the kayo games. Im not paying twice

Anything that Kayo has that isn’t already on Fox should be part of the freebies.

Locking existing Foxtel subscribers out of the practice match coverage is just stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling up FOXTEL tonight to cancel.

Do they disconnect you immediately or do you have it until the end of the billing cycle?

Have officially cancelled Foxtel after probably 10+ years. With Kayo and Binge I have everything I need at a fraction of the cost and without having to deal with them.
Just did the same after 17 years. Kayo, Binge and Flash News will get me everything I need from Foxtel.

Kayo on the phone is good, but doesnt allow for i think its called picture in picture. aker you can swipe so that the stream appears in a window allowing access to your phones desktop etc
Kayo is rubbish. It's the same thing as foxtel go. Run by the same people.

I have foxtel here at home. I don't watch everything but i choose what i like to watch. So for example when AFL360 is on i will go and watch that.
When something else is on such as the live footy i will watch that as well.
If i wanted to go and watch a cooking program which i tend to do when there's no footy on. I will do that too.

Foxtel has definitely decline in the past 2 years, Movie channels suck, and just about everything else
Take the movie channels off your package. Choose what you want on there.

Kayo is rubbish. It's the same thing as foxtel go. Run by the same people.

Kayo is better than sport on the foxtel box.

It also shows all the pre season AFL games live.

And if you are unable to watch something, you can simply go on any browser, scroll to the exact time/spot of the show you want and watch it from there.

If has archived shows that you can watch at any time.

Kayo is better than sport on the foxtel box.

It also shows all the pre season AFL games live.

And if you are unable to watch something, you can simply go on any browser, scroll to the exact time/spot of the show you want and watch it from there.

If has archived shows that you can watch at any time.
Nup disagree.
Streaming from Kayo is rubbish. It's virtually like watching it on ch 7.
It relies on your data.
So it's going to be expensive and you will be paying twice for it. (paying for kayo and then paying your card)

I use foxtel go for my sport stuff if i'm away from home because it streams better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back