Games FPL Season 2020/21

Remove this Banner Ad

57 for me thanks largely to captain Kane otherwise things could have been really ugly.
i had 3 forwards on field and one of them didn't play so not sure if i cop the donut or if my formation changes and i get get a bench mid/def...either way it's only worth one point.

i regret not using the wildcard. i have De Bruyne with a mystery injury and Ayew has the 'rona. TAA is stinking it up and unlikely to get better with van Dijk out and i'm in desperate need of a second decent striker.
maybe i'll use it this week.

53 but with a -4 makes it 49, happy to have hit the wild card. It's a relative position of strength (haven't had a single score under 40 this season) but the gap to the top 100k is getting a bit big for my liking.

57 for me thanks largely to captain Kane otherwise things could have been really ugly.
i had 3 forwards on field and one of them didn't play so not sure if i cop the donut or if my formation changes and i get get a bench mid/def...either way it's only worth one point.

i regret not using the wildcard. i have De Bruyne with a mystery injury and Ayew has the 'rona. TAA is stinking it up and unlikely to get better with van Dijk out and i'm in desperate need of a second decent striker.
maybe i'll use it this week.

Yeah I’m thinking Wildcard this week. The double Liverpool defence hasn’t really worked and my forwards are a bit of a mess.

53 but with a -4 makes it 49, happy to have hit the wild card. It's a relative position of strength (haven't had a single score under 40 this season) but the gap to the top 100k is getting a bit big for my liking.
Exact same for me too 53 with a -4 hit. Very tempted to WC get some better fodder, make cash for Kane, get rid of Jimenez and Mitro and a few others and reconsider the double Pool defence, TAA hasn't been great this season

He won't, Marcal is nearly fit

If he's playing well enough though then it means he could carry on in the back three in place of Saiss who looked a bit average there against West Ham.

Exact same for me too 53 with a -4 hit. Very tempted to WC get some better fodder, make cash for Kane, get rid of Jimenez and Mitro and a few others and reconsider the double Pool defence, TAA hasn't been great this season

Yeah I contemplated no change and then went the entire other way.

Ramsdale in goal, TAA in defence with Dier and KWP, Mitro up top, all causing issues and figured I may as well swallow my pride and just do it and fix everything to try to catch up.

Chelsea fans, does it feel like Havertz is starting to gel? Tempted to grab him as a bit of a differential.

Chelsea fans, does it feel like Havertz is starting to gel? Tempted to grab him as a bit of a differential.
Looks better and better every week, I've had him since MW1, finally paid off with a pretty good score last week. He'll get lots of assists by the look of it and will pop up with a goal every now and then. If you're looking for a Chelsea asset I'd go Dier to Chilwell, Chilwell looks insanely threatening early and was getting tonnes of crosses and even a few shots in

For sure. He and Werner already had a good connection that's getting stronger I think.
I think the two of them could provide each other quite a lot.

Looks better and better every week, I've had him since MW1, finally paid off with a pretty good score last week. He'll get lots of assists by the look of it and will pop up with a goal every now and then. If you're looking for a Chelsea asset I'd go Dier to Chilwell, Chilwell looks insanely threatening early and was getting tonnes of crosses and even a few shots in

Actually ended up pivoting in another direction, think I'll go Jorginho as my Chelsea cover in case of pens, but get Sterling in. Means a midfield of McGinn, Salah, Son, Sterling and a back 3 of Robbo, Coady and Targett, with Kane and DCL up top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually ended up pivoting in another direction, think I'll go Jorginho as my Chelsea cover in case of pens, but get Sterling in. Means a midfield of McGinn, Salah, Son, Sterling and a back 3 of Robbo, Coady and Targett, with Kane and DCL up top.
I ended up steering clear of Jorgi just because of Chelsea midfield depth

I ended up steering clear of Jorgi just because of Chelsea midfield depth

Yeah and I do like your fixtures going forward I just don't know how to squeeze an option in unless I go without Sterling or Son.. Maybe I go without Son and try to get ahead of the curve on that, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

First set of wildcard changes (expect there to be about 100 more before the deadline)

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.20.23 am.png

Which leaves my team looking like this
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.22.08 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.22.14 am.png

Thoughts? Changes? Brutal insults?

First set of wildcard changes (expect there to be about 100 more before the deadline)

View attachment 990065

Which leaves my team looking like this
View attachment 990066

View attachment 990067

Thoughts? Changes? Brutal insults?

For now I'm trying to focus on bringing in people rising in value so that if they do end up going up 0.2 then I at least earn a bit of value, but it is tempting to build a proper team.

No Everton leaps out, they have good fixtures so are probably must haves.

This is mine.

1603150256114.png

I'm considering swapping Sterling to Havertz and pushing the funds into defence a bit. Can then swap Son to Sterling or Kane to Aguero in a few weeks when Spurs' fixtures get tougher.

1603150398320.png

88 all out. Very good wildcard for me.

SM is right. Focus on price risers early in the week and those who might drop. Can change your team value considerably.

No transfers for me this week. Will be nice to bank one.

no wildcard for me but i've taken a -4 hit.
i've gone De Bruyne > Grealish and Egan > Mings. putting my faith in Villa and their reasonably friendly draw.

playing 4-5-1 this week and gambling on a good result for Brighton. i traded early cause i thought the value of Mings and KDB might change. Sala gets the C.
got to be honest though...i don't know what i'm doing.

4.7 in the kitty.

Think I'm settled on my WC with this being my team over the next three GWs. I hate the idea of not banking a transfer next week so happy to bring in Chelsea assets early. City the only club I don't have and I think when Spurs fixtures get gross I might swap Kane to Aguero if he's looking good.

122135891_706991613565945_3377861699338749741_n.png 122068545_1237904869914151_4997475469549437118_n.png 122038003_1010701746076085_2854185418095239002_n.png

Last edited:
Ancelotti's confirmed James won't play this week - my assumption is that it's relatively minor and should only be the one week?

I'll probably just bench him this week and play Lamptey vs WBA and cross fingers for a clean sheet - if James is still no good next week I'll shuffle hum out

Martinez

Lamptey - Castagne - Saiss - Doherty

Trossard - Salah (C) - Pulisic - Son

Kane (V) - Watkins

Arbeloa - Justin - Brewster - Rodriguez

Ancelotti's confirmed James won't play this week - my assumption is that it's relatively minor and should only be the one week?

I'll probably just bench him this week and play Lamptey vs WBA and cross fingers for a clean sheet - if James is still no good next week I'll shuffle hum out

Martinez

Lamptey - Castagne - Saiss - Doherty

Trossard - Salah (C) - Pulisic - Son

Kane (V) - Watkins

Arbeloa - Justin - Brewster - Rodriguez
Forgot what thread I was in and was thoroughly confused by that lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back