News Free membership upgrade for all 2018 members

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game tonight,watching on feeling disappointed. Then felt even worse after hearing 4 friends that i've met through going to the games year after year won't be renewing their membership next year. These members have been members for over 10 plus years.
Made me wonder how many other members are thinking the same.
I'm hoping the tide will turn soon.

I was at the game tonight,watching on feeling disappointed. Then felt even worse after hearing 4 friends that i've met through going to the games year after year won't be renewing their membership next year. These members have been members for over 10 plus years.
Of course it has been hard to watch at times this season, but I see following a footy club as being similar to a marriage. There will be tough times, but you do your best to work through the tough times rather than walking away. Sometimes you need to remember why you fell in love with the footy club in the first place. If that doesn't keep you on board, then perhaps you weren't in love in the first place, it was just a passing infatuation.

Great initiative but I won't be taking it up and will be downgrading to a 3-game membership. Unfortunately the nature of the ugly AFL membership system is the cause for this. I had an 11-game membership this year and made it to about 5-6 games with only 2 of them choosing not to endure the suffering (Melb & Ade) the rest just couldn't make it to. More flexible membership offerings needs to be looked at by the clubs/AFL

Got upgraded to the legends lounge :thumbsu:.
Same,but i'm a bit apprehensive to give up my great reserved seats i currently have to be upgraded free for the year. I guess after the year the cost to continue the upgrade would be quite costly?
And if you choose not to continue you cant get your old seats back.

Same,but i'm a bit apprehensive to give up my great reserved seats i currently have to be upgraded free for the year. I guess after the year the cost to continue the upgrade would be quite costly?
And if you choose not to continue you cant get your old seats back.
That is a really good point. I imagine the club has thought of that, at least I hope they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good move by the club, thanking everyone for sticking fat and being part of our worst season but also ground zero before our ascent towards success.

From what I have gathered.

Offer applies to any who renew their membership before January 31 2019.

You only pay what you did this year, the upgrades are complimentary. (Meaning your details will stay at the rate you pay meaning no nasty surprises year after)

Hey, for Carlton this is the most engaging thing they have done for members. I personally love it.

Fantastic initiative by the club. Don't really care what the benefits will be, just really pleased we are being pro active on the membership front. Even if a small percentage of members retain the upgrade in 2020 it will have been worthwhile.

Go baggers.

Sweet, I want a free corporate box at the 'G, full catering and bar service, for 6 of my mates and 10 of your finest Blue Birds, thanks!

C'mon man, it is not 1981 anymore.

Am I reading into this wrong, or will my gen admin membership be upgraded to a reserved seat next year?

I like the effort - but what exactly IS the upgrade? A bit vague...
Yep same, be interesting to see what the upgrade is.
I think it's a pretty good gesture though.

The gesture is great considering just how incredibly horrible many games were to sit through in the very present even though the youth I have great hope in

I'm an AFL member affiliated with Carlton. I wonder if I'll get anything?

Had similar questions since first read about it.

A second lanyard and possibly a fridge magnet.

I'd settle for the club just sending the right token member thingy that says how many years you been a member and was actually correct.

Great initiative and well done by the club. We probably deserve something for sitting through this season!

They have since updated to say that AfL members and (presumably) MCG members who have Carlton packages will get some form of upgrade, as will those who already have the highest level available too

I still in dark what upgrade means exactly. Can only have a vague guess at this point which I will put at bottom of this post.

Yep, who knows what, reserved seats?

Reading some of Liddle comments today...

Those currently seated on level 2 (Captains Club Premium and Captains Club Reserved members)

I take that to be close to AFL Members area so as a Carlton member included in AFL full membership it probably means some reserved seat in AFL Members area is offered free for all our home games. So rather than just work out where you want to sit in AFL members area game to game they probably offer the reserved seat there free of charge. If you already pay for a reserved seat package for home games it is probably Captain Club within AFL members area if that how it works. Essentially AFL membership with reserve seat free of charge for our home games and whatever the social club is these days. I've not hung around after a Carlton game since losing our real home ground so out of touch with how the clubs social club even operates now.

I'd settle for the club just sending the right token member thingy that says how many years you been a member and was actually correct.
Were you an AFL member as a kid? If so, email the club membership department to correct your consecutive years badge. The older afl records had your membership years as a kid and as an adult on a separate list, so when they sent the club your information they only sent the adult list. Email the club membership department and they can talk with the AFL and correct it for you. I was on 13? years, rang them up last offseason and this years badge was 23 years with the corrected information.

Your afl membership card will have how many years you've been a member on the back of it, so just ask the club to send you the correct pin.

Were you an AFL member as a kid? If so, email the club membership department to correct your consecutive years badge. The older afl records had your membership years as a kid and as an adult on a separate list, so when they sent the club your information they only sent the adult list. Email the club membership department and they can talk with the AFL and correct it for you. I was on 13? years, rang them up last offseason and this years badge was 23 years with the corrected information.

Your afl membership card will have how many years you've been a member on the back of it, so just ask the club to send you the correct pin.
My AFL membership has 23 years on back of it. All that time been a Carlton member with it. Plus before that would have been Carlton member in general as adult or student for a number of years. Probably was a junior member around 1983 to 86. Went to some games in 82 but cannot recall if I was a member then or paid from week to week. Pin I not even sure where I place it. Had 5 or 7 years on it so made no sense to me. If I was able to get to club would have showed them both but hard to get to our club headquarters. I kind of not trust email but if you reckon it worth a try will look into it and see if they fix for next year. There is probably hundreds of us with this same silly badge that sent wrong.

I don’t buy. This has been the most optimistic bad season we’ve had. Why quit now?

so our inevitable rise sees them without memberships........

Reading through the Cain Liddle email before noticed this part regarding the new Legends Lounge which sounds really good:

"Those currently seated on level 2 (Captains Club Premium and Captains Club Reserved members) will be upgraded into this new package for free in 2019."

So considering I am Captains Club Reserved but level 1 because I didn't want to sit on level 2 behind the goals, it sounds like we don't get this upgrade? Anyone know?

Ta,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back