News Free membership upgrade for all 2018 members

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m also on Flexi 10 - which I’ve decided I don’t like and is $50 more expensive than general admission... but anyway - will this upgrade bump me to Captain’s Club?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you have Gen Admission/Flexi 10, you will most likely be upgraded to Members Reserve.

It won’t be Captains Club.

By the way this is a genuinely smart move by the club. Because if I like the upgrade... it might become a permanent fixture. The smart move at the end of next year would be have members tick a box if they want to stay at the upgraded level or are happy to move back to what they had.

I like ticking boxes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh-huh. I'd need a bloody lot of convincing to authorise a $700+ direct debit. I think I'll pass.
Funny how the devil gets lost in the details isn't it??? I totally agree with you Alec. I'm the one who has to pay for any transactions made on the card and therefore I'll be the one who authorises each and every one of them.

Interesting move by the club.
I have had talks with the membership department lately regarding some issues.
I filled out the membership survey and I received a phone call from them.
I has issues with this super bay on level 1. I sit right next to it and paid 3 times more than the $15 these tickets cost. The bay was in the middle of Captains Club members and Members reserved members. There were lots of people who got these cheap tickets wandering into our areas, especially against Hawthorn.
I was told I was not the only one to bring this up and some had said they would not renew next year or downgrade to general admission because of it.
Maybe the club is trying to keep members and have realised that we have not been treated fairly this year.
I had similar issues at the "G". Forking out a shitload for Captains Club Premium only to find the riff-raff stinking up the area. I contacted the club last year and asked for a seat change from Level 2A to Level 2 and the club obliged. Glad I requested the change. I find that MCG staff are good at policing the AFL members area, but are piss-poor with providing the same courtesy to Carlton Members. I think staff at Etihad do a far better job in that regard.

Last edited:
If you have Gen Admission/Flexi 10, you will most likely be upgraded to Members Reserve.

It won’t be Captains Club.
There is a Members reserve entry level, which is cheaper than Members reserve and have seats in different areas. I assume this will be the upgrade and Members reserve entry level will get upgraded to members reserve. I am Members reserve level 1 so I am interested to see what my upgrade will be.
They may also upgrade home only members to home and away

There is a Members reserve entry level, which is cheaper than Members reserve and have seats in different areas. I assume this will be the upgrade and Members reserve entry level will get upgraded to members reserve. I am Members reserve level 1 so I am interested to see what my upgrade will be.
They may also upgrade home only members to home and away

That would most likely be Flexi10 - 10 GA home games.

That would most likely be Flexi10 - 10 GA home games.
I just checked the Carlton website and they are completely different memberships.
Fllexi 10 is general admission and it allows you to bring friends to a certain number of games and cost $260 this year.
Members reserve entry level 1 cost $350 and you got reserved seats to home games.
Members reserve was $435 and got you reserved seats but in a different area to the entry level type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back