Autopsy Fremantle lose to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'd be devastated if we didn't get shafted by the league on a regular basis, and had just won 5 flags in a row :)

I've been a Wildcats fan since 1987 and I seem to be ok with their level of success.
The obvious question... ytf are you a Freo supporter then?

How does the field umpire who had Newes standing next to him 15 metres in from the boundary not know that he wasn't the closet to the kick and why could the boundary umpire not also tell him who was closest. Considering the number of umpires on the field it was very amateurish and poor.

And why didn't the boundary umpire stand 49 metres out to reinforce to the umpire where the ball crossed the line?

And why didn't the boundary umpire stand 49 metres out to reinforce to the umpire where the ball crossed the line?
Ump clearly placed the man on the mark where the Freo player was standing to take the kick. Not where the Carlton player was standing on the mark. Massive error but not even one Fremantle player picked up on it in the heat of the moment.

Ump clearly placed the man on the mark where the Freo player was standing to take the kick. Not where the Carlton player was standing on the mark. Massive error but not even one Fremantle player picked up on it in the heat of the moment.
I think like the entire viewing audience the Freo players' brains were too busy trying to process what the * had just happened. Everyone had thought Freo had won the game. Did literally anyone watching think there was any chance of Carlton being given a shot for goal in real time? Nope just the one ultra whistle happy umpire.

Exactly. Why would any of us be here otherwise? :)

I’ve been fuming until now. But We have a young team and I think JLo’s attitude that the boys will learn from this is the right one. Young teams go through this. Well know when we’ve turned the corner when we start winning those types of games. Right now, we’re too raw and have waaayyyyyy to many injuries. One more year to learn the game plan, dump the S&C/medical team (which I believe will happen) and get healthy will help.

After the dust settled I think I’m glad our draft position improved with the loss. It sucks but one more stellar draft class and a few top up players should be just about right.

#UmpsStillSuck

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok I've had a think and I realise why this doesn't sit well with me as well. Cheating (or at very least being extremely deceptive) is in Carlton's DNA.

Round 1, 2001 - sitting in the forward pocket watching Silvagni straight out hold our forwards in the last quarter and being allowed to get away with it as we lost by less than a goal. We didn't win a game until Round 20 that year.

Then a year later they get done for straight out cheating the salary cap. Then a bit later they find a way to legally 'cheat' the system with the Judd Visy stuff that requires a rule change.

Did the dirty to get Nick Stevens too.

More recently they use the rules by bidding on Henry to buy more time so they can do a trade. In an era where teams don't look to screw each other over they get Jack Martin for nothing. Something like that hasn't happened for years.

And of course we take it up to the weekend.

That's just the stuff I could think of in a couple of minutes.

Maybe this should be in the melt thread but I wish nothing good on that club.

Round 1, 2001 - sitting in the forward pocket watching Silvagni straight out hold our forwards in the last quarter and being allowed to get away with it as we lost by less than a goal. We didn't win a game until Round 20 that year.
Didn't he end up moving forward late in the game himself on the receiving end of a soft free?

Insanity. If anything just give him the week off to rest up. Playing him small forward is ridiculous.
I'm with wild side here, the kids is an absolute gun small forward and we are crying out for one. It will not be as taxing on him as playing inside mid, but will keep him in the team and build on his AFL games. I'll guarantee if you asked him would he prefer to be small forward or on the pines he would rather be anywhere on the field.

I think because the boundary umpires these days are really just young athletes/runners and too scared to offer their opinions to the field umpires. When I umpired A grade ammos for a number of years as a league field umpire we had experienced boundary umpires in the league who would point out where it crossed the line and stand by their decision.

I'm with wild side here, the kids is an absolute gun small forward and we are crying out for one. It will not be as taxing on him as playing inside mid, but will keep him in the team and build on his AFL games. I'll guarantee if you asked him would he prefer to be small forward or on the pines he would rather be anywhere on the field.
Give him a rest if he is exhausted . Chuck him in the forward line if he is bullish to play.

That's why you don't ask the player if he wants to play, if he is cooked and in need of a rest just give him the week off and set him up for the last month of the season playing inside mid. I can't even believe we are talking about moving our most promising mid to play small forward. Especially when Henry is most likely to come in this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I've had a think and I realise why this doesn't sit well with me as well. Cheating (or at very least being extremely deceptive) is in Carlton's DNA.

Then a year later they get done for straight out cheating the salary cap. Then a bit later they find a way to legally 'cheat' the system with the Judd Visy stuff that requires a rule change.

Did the dirty to get Nick Stevens too.

More recently they use the rules by bidding on Henry to buy more time so they can do a trade. In an era where teams don't look to screw each other over they get Jack Martin for nothing. Something like that hasn't happened for years.

And of course we take it up to the weekend.

That's just the stuff I could think of in a couple of minutes.

Maybe this should be in the melt thread but I wish nothing good on that club.

If you ever feel annoyed about something Carlton related just remember that we traded Stephen O'Reilly to them, who then helped blow the whistle on their paper bag salary cap cheating and ****ed them for the next decade.

I thought I'd share a post from a good mate in the PAFC forums

REH..... Freo is my adopted port side in the west

Here are some frames of what happened.

The boundary umpires sees the ball cross the line a long way inf front of him. He is standing about where the central umpire made the mark for the free

left frame you can see the ball about in line with the boundary line and 50m line intersection. the right hand picture its harder to see the yellow ball but boundary umpire has started sticking out his arms. to find the ball look at the empty grey seats.

1597640850407.png 1597640862993.png

Look where the ball bounces, just in front and to side of cameraman. Not the one Newnes forces to move. The lazy bastard didn't want to move.

The ball is a blob but it has bounced just in front of camera lens of the cameraman.

1597640881855.png

The boundary umpire runs forward 15m towards centre of ground and makes the mark. Look at the Carlton play stand it there.

Look at where central umpire #24 David Harris is and either corruptly, incompletely or wanting to be king dick eventually over rules where the boundary umpire made the mark.

What the bloody hell did the boundary umpire do?? Why didn't he tell #24, that #24 he has no fu**in idea where it went out of bounds. Why did he run away and go and stand by the point post and not argue he knew where the mark was.

100% guaranteed I reckon the AFL will completely ignore this boundary umpire correct mark issue. They can wear 1 error they wont have the guts to admit 2.

1597640894484.png

Look at where #24 has set the mark for the free for Newnes kick.

You can see that #24 has basically said the ball went straight up to that mark and then took a perfect 90 degree turn and bounced in front of the cameraman, as per my 3rd picture.

Complete Bullshit umpiring and arrogant central umpire completely ignoring to listen to the boundary umpire.

Another example of a panic decision by a central umpire. The umpires will waste upto 2 minutes trying to see if the ball cross the behind line and ARC operator has to look at 20 different angles and replays but they don't have the common sense to blow time on, stop the game, talk and double check with each other where the correct marl should be.

I await the spin and lies to completely ignore this issue.

1597640915224.png

People can look into it in detail all they like, it isn't going to improve how we feel as supporters and it certainly isn't going to change the outcome.

It's done now, I just hope the AFL learns from this and makes the umpires jobs easier.

And I look forward to when this happens to Carlton so I can jump on there board and spout utter dribble. They can all EAD.

If i'm not allowed to post here, then mods delete it.

Just wanted to pop in now some dust has settled to commend your recruiting team on building what will be a sensational midfield core. The fact many of you are saying you werent firing is concerning as an opposition support because from what I saw, youve got 10 years of elite midfield just warming up. Cox really impressed me, and Taberner is probably the first player this year to have beaten Weitering. Sorry the game was decided by a crap decision in the end...looking forward to future tussles.

BTW, most Carlton supporters know how you feel after we copped the same from Robbie Gray earlier in the year.

This is why every centimetre is so important. We should always man the mark as well as we can and scrap tooth and nail for ground position. We're too lazy and soft at times in these areas.

This is why every centimetre is so important. We should always man the mark as well as we can and scrap tooth and nail for ground position. We're too lazy and soft at times in these areas.

That's the kind of stuff that should be the easiest to do but for some reason isn't done regularly until a team is up and firing. I agree with you though.

A case for Tab's being infringed prior to the deliberate call as well, Weitering is just holding onto him, head down, not looking at the ball, solely focused on impeding Tab's run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back