FriendlyJordies- and friends

Remove this Banner Ad

There are already rumours floating around about other things. Similar to Barnaby Joyce. But rumours can be nasty things.

yeah its clear he's no cleanskin, but until you have deets its best left alone

news.com.au saying there is speculation more resignations are coming. WTF is going on up there???

news.com.au saying there is speculation more resignations are coming. WTF is going on up there???
My guess would be a lot of NSW MP's are implicated in the Pandora papers.

Its what happens when there is no opposition. Ego takes over and greed can run amok. Will happen in Victoria at some point too.

Boy that ICAC has some nerve, ousting the deputy premier during such a pivotal time for the state. Looking forward to the mainstream media and LinkedIn hagiographies. Oh wait...

So was it Perrotet's appointment, an impending ICAC summons, or that he didn't want to be 2IC once they let rip and the bodies start piling up?

Is he worried about ICAC? There is a bigger story coming. The other question would be if by being a private citizen does that protect pension, superannuation and other benefits which may be withheld when a politician is found to be corrupt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that may be a reach (IMO)

Why? We know $80 million was paid to a Cayman Island account for Australian water rights. And because it went to the Cayman Islands there can be no transparency on who benefitted from this money. I'd love to know where the $80 million landed after that.

We know Australian politicians do this stuff. Why wouldn't others be doing it? You think of how much cash is being thrown around at the moment. Do we know where is all lands?

We know for example that an $8 million contract for Narau offshore processing has been varied to $1.4 billion with zero transparency. I would love to see the full details on where every cent of that $1.4 billion has landed.

Or where every cent of the $445 million reef fund landed.

And so on and son on.

I've an unanswered question in the Gladys thread, where I linked an article that said the Libs were doing a law change so that Obeid would lose his pension and perks after being convicted. I don't know whether they actually did it or not.
They did actually but only if they get done whilst in office ;) ;)

Its what happens when there is no opposition. Ego takes over and greed can run amok. Will happen in Victoria at some point too.
I've never heard a better argument for a true multiparty system. Just as there's no guarantee we get a competent government, there's no guarantee we get a competent position (or that the media will spend any effort reporting on them if there is one).

I've never heard a better argument for a true multiparty system. Just as there's no guarantee we get a competent government, there's no guarantee we get a competent position (or that the media will spend any effort reporting on them if there is one).

I like the idea of governments being able to govern in their own right, and then we get to judge them on election day. Sadly this means we often get a year or 3 of a terrible government. But I still think its better than true multiparty where you get horse trading and watering down of legislation and very little happens.

I like the idea of governments being able to govern in their own right, and then we get to judge them on election day. Sadly this means we often get a year or 3 of a terrible government. But I still think its better than true multiparty where you get horse trading and watering down of legislation and very little happens.
Would you say very little happens in Germany or the Netherlands where coalition-building is the norm? I think both of those countries have shown they can deliver competent government and sensible laws under coalitions.

Would you say very little happens in Germany or the Netherlands where coalition-building is the norm? I think both of those countries have shown they can deliver competent government and sensible laws under coalitions.
Two countries that are in serious decline? Very good (and i love them both).

Netherlands are so small it probably hardly matters.

Germany has done well but a lot of it is out of necessity from reunification. But given their size there are not enormous differences between parties - given they cover the spectrum.

NSW did the right thing with the greyhound industry but to retain power unwound a lot of the bans because of deals with minor parties. I imagine we see a lot more of this with single issue parties rather than 8 or 10 significant parties with broad policies and memberships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back