List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

toward the end if you look back why spend time 6 match into the season talking about something might or might not happen .

High profile player i guess and its a slow news week , North Korea have gone back into their shell . :D

Is Dangerfield on $1.5 million per year? I thought it was half that. Better rethink that

Im not not sure what Danger is paid but he is worth double.
I dont think it matters what a player is paid , higher the better for compo pick allocation if things turn to poo .

One of the Sainters said that they could front end the offer to seal the deal.

I don't get it

No thet can't. Firstly an offer has to be two years minimum. Secondly the current club only has to equal the $ value over the course of the contract.

Eg St Kilda fans may think if the offer Fyfe $2m for 1 year and then $1.5m, $1.4m, $1m, $1m that the $2m will scare us off. But we just have to pay the $6.9m over 5 years spread anyway we want.

No thet can't. Firstly an offer has to be two years minimum. Secondly the current club only has to equal the $ value over the course of the contract.

Eg St Kilda fans may think if the offer Fyfe $2m for 1 year and then $1.5m, $1.4m, $1m, $1m that the $2m will scare us off. But we just have to pay the $6.9m over 5 years spread anyway we want.
I was under the impression that we had to match the offer exactly.

I was under the impression that we had to match the offer exactly.

Nope. The club is in a good position - provided he truly doesn't want to leave.

I firmly believe if he hasn't signed by end of month then he is gone, there is speculation now, he said he'd sign if things became distracting.

I am now 5% worried, I was 0.000001% worried on Monday morning.

I know that's why I don't get why he thinks we wouldn't match, was a bizarre thing to say

Nailed it ! The only thing where it gets tricky is trying forcast your entire list payments every year for the term of the contract your loading up . Example : 5years is a long time players come and go and on different amounts.
Its messy .

Nope. The club is in a good position - provided he truly doesn't want to leave.

I firmly believe if he hasn't signed by end of month then he is gone, there is speculation now, he said he'd sign if things became distracting.

I am now 5% worried, I was 0.000001% worried on Monday morning.

If he really wants to leave then we shouldn't stand in his way, instead on getting the best picks available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont forget guys a trade can look like anything you want it to be , could be a 1st rounder/ rounders or player / players from other clubs .
Things get crazy during trade week ;)

So you want to absolutely bend us over for. Top 2 player in the league then? Yeah sorry mate that won't happen. If he requests a trade to you blokes you can bank on Ameet caving and giving us multiple first rounders.

Fyfe is all about the money. If Freo match the offer, or even get close, he'll stay. If St Kilda's <insert other club> offer is far superior, he'll take it imo. What this also means is if he leaves it's for money Freo cannot pay or refuse to pay therefore do not match & accept the free agency compensation.

The Dangerfield trade is very different. Geelong have a very evenly structured pay scheme & have used that model successfully to keep their stars. Ablett excluded. Dangerfield signed with them for much less than he could have got elsewhere. This made it easy for Adelaide to match & force a trade...which was negotiated between both clubs without even going down the free agency route.

Fyfe is all about the money. If Freo match the offer, or even get close, he'll stay. If St Kilda's <insert other club> offer is far superior, he'll take it imo. What this also means is if he leaves it's for money Freo cannot pay or refuse to pay therefore do not match & accept the free agency compensation.

The Dangerfield trade is very different. Geelong have a very evenly structured pay scheme & have used that model successfully to keep their stars. Ablett excluded. Dangerfield signed with them for much less than he could have got elsewhere. This made it easy for Adelaide to match & force a trade...which was negotiated between both clubs without even going down the free agency route.

Know him personally do you

Nailed it ! The only thing where it gets tricky is trying forcast your entire list payments every year for the term of the contract your loading up . Example : 5years is a long time players come and go and on different amounts.
Its messy .
In 5 years Fyfe will be a year or two into veteran concessions, we can back end the contract as half will come out from the cap

What if it's a 3 year deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back