Game Day GAMEDAY Non Crows Discussion Rnd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trav Varcoe will be the man. He'll turn it on today, I expect 3 from him, 3 from Cloke and good ol spud Jesse White to kick 4
Anyway you can get that glove approved for Cloke? Then they may be a chance, in fact getting it approved for the whole Collingwood forward line.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Alright so Friday afternoon we had talk of crow sightings and signs that we would win and whatever else, not the case, but...

Pyke_Pie_620_620X370.jpg

crows pie.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

tip2_151112.jpg

OK try and forget that last one, but, it's been the plan all all along, Go the Pies!!

Last edited:
Let's hope the Pies can somehow do it again...

14064046_10154518048897502_346910687906559594_n.jpg

DISREGARD IF THIS HAS BEEN ALREADY UP FOR DISCUSSION

It might even be beneficial for us if Hawks beat Pies. Depending on whether you think Hawks can beat Geelong in a final (and I actually think they would) and whether you think we can beat Geelong...at ****ing all (I don't think we would, although I think we can beat Hawks). Bulldogs and North will be the first final losers I think, no matter who they play, but both of the following scenarios are interesting if nothing else.

I think we are more likely to lose to Sydney at the SCG (as is every other team) and then have to play Eagles again at home - not a pleasant thought now that they think they have our measure, than beating North at home and GWS away. (yes - an in form Eagles at our home is more difficult than GWS away IMO, especially if GWS have been bashed all game by Sydney the week before)

I think I prefer the second scenario which means I must want Hawks to win today.:eek:

Scenario 1 Booooooooooooo
IMG_0944.jpg

Scenario 2 yaaaaaaaaay!
IMG_0943.jpg

Putting it out there.

What say you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Help me out guys!! I seriously don't know who to barrack for. There're pros and cons for finishing 4th or 5th. I'm still leaning towards finishing 5th....so i'm going for Hawks. Should I be??

History shows us it is impossible to make a Grand Final from 5th. Those who finish 4th rarely make it but it's a better chance.

No. Not possible to make a gf from fifth.
Did you actually look at the scenarios above? No team has missed the top 4 with 16 wins and there has never been a bye before week 1 of finals, I think past history doesn't count for as much this season. I certainly prefer the 2nd scenario above. Whatever happens, it's likely we will need to play every week of finals to make the GF.

History shows us it is impossible to make a Grand Final from 5th. Those who finish 4th rarely make it but it's a better chance.
Read my post above, history didn't ever have a team finishing on 16 wins missing top 4, or a bye before week one of finals. There is usually a pretty clear gap between the top 4 and the rest, not this season.

Help me out guys!! I seriously don't know who to barrack for. There're pros and cons for finishing 4th or 5th. I'm still leaning towards finishing 5th....so i'm going for Hawks. Should I be??

Finishing 4th is a lot better. You'd rather play Hawthorn at AO than GWS away.

I think this year's evenness of the top 7 makes it a different prospect.

Read my post above, history didn't ever have a team finishing on 16 wins missing top 4, or a bye before week one of finals. There is usually a pretty clear gap between the top 4 and the rest, not this season.

The evenness doesn't matter. There is a significant disadvantage to finishing 5th from a fixturing perspective. No team outside the top 4 will make the Grand Final this year, just like every other year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back