Preview Gameday Thread. Hawks Vs Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are soft

That first quarter was a debacle. Gameplan is atrocious. We actually have all 18 players around the ball and just kick it out to no one, except the 4 free Melbourne defenders who'll just kick it back again.
Something has to click with stubborn clarko soon. I want to see some attractive football.

the hawks are back!! Back to the same s**t they dished up at the start of the year and 2009.Why would you handball to stationary targets?Why not a single forward?Too many questions with no answers

Just in case you're not watching, we have the whole team in Melb D50, not 15, 16, 17, the whole effing team, we win possession, kick it out, 6 Melb players who haven't followed their opponent into the D50 raffle it and kick it back in.
Interestingly, Frawley has beaten Buddy in several foot races to the loose ball.

Looking for positives but just too annoyed with our game plan.

Edit: Positive - Skipper.

Note to football department - there is no point in bombing out and long if it comes back faster than it came out. Twice we had the opportunity to score, only to look up and see that there is NO-ONE, NOT ONE, person other than a melbourne player to kick to.

Note to football department - there is no point in bombing out and long if it comes back faster than it came out. Twice we had the opportunity to score, only to look up and see that there is NO-ONE, NOT ONE, person other than a melbourne player to kick to.

I don't understand how one of buddy and rough can't be playing in the forward 50 all the time

Hope your birthday improves Couchy

Losing Faith.

That 1st quarter was the worst tactical setup I've ever seen at AFL level.

That was U/18s down by 100 points stuff.

Some "interesting" umpiring isn't helping, but we're making it very hard for ourselves by playing dumb 'team' football.

Schwartz:

"..and he BURIES Mitchell with that tackle"

...in the back.
...without the ball.

and the umpire calls play on.

Skipper looks good, Franklin and Roughy have spoiled each other on SEVEN occassions so far.

why the hell are we being so negative?? were playing into the dees hand FFS!!!, at the moment this is the worst coaching of the year, if this continues and we lose clarkson is going to be under the pump, seems to have lost the ability to coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ellis playing really well, kudos!

and that new guy for the demons has 2 goal assists, whats his name, whitecross?

what is going on with whitecross. 2 errors causing 2 goals.

the problem is - he does this in the dry weather.

would you put it to inexperience or lack of skill or what - i dunno

i like him but gee he turns the ball over

The issue with Whitecross is that Box Hill are constantly moving, his handballs are to a movign target, who's clear, or able to get clear of the pack.

When he steps up to Hawthorn, he has slightly less time, more pressure, better tackles, etc.

His biggest problem though is that everyone is standing flat-footed, and the bloke who calls for the ball has his back to play.

(that said he's been very poor so far today).

BTW, Mitchell and Sewell are getting absolutely torched in general play defensively. Let's not pin it on a <50 gamer.

At least they are doing something for us as well, but so long as our premium midfielders put so little pressure on the opposition will always get easy goals - even with 12 men in the defensive 50, the opposition just use the extra men that S/M/H don't cover.

Better!! But a similar story in games we should be dominating...Leaving the DOOR well open for a good 2-3mins from the opposition and us on the end of another loss we should of well and truely secured (a win) early in the 2nd quarter

Don't like where this game is going, will be tight till the end with Melb getting a couple of counter punch goals at the end to win.

agree with u worthy

i can see this turning out really badly for us

BUDDY and Ozzie missing shots! really hurting us...

how things have turned so sour for us lately :(

Just once I would like to get what I ask for.

I have NFI what the game plan is today other than to clog up every contest with our own players while demons sit and wait for the ball to come out to them, have our two top drawer full forwards play in Melbourne's forward line and when they do venture down their own end hold hands and go to each contest together and play ring a rosie handball until we end up giving it to the opposition. This is pathetic.

We have some real quality players in this team but it would appear no real game plan and they come off looking second rate and I am embarrased for them.

Footnote: Listening to the Ox is giving me the .....................................

Is Buddy carrying an injury. He has been slow in recent weeks compared to earlier in the season. Roughead needs to lift in the second half, need him to present himself when we go forward.

As said though, its worrying what could happen, has a very familiar feel sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back