Analysis Gameplan

Remove this Banner Ad

And another reason people want it to be the game plan and the coach is it can be easily fixed with a new coach. If its the players then its many more years again. The problem is ive heard it all before regarding the game plan and changing the coach hasn't once got us a flag.

And another reason people want it to be the game plan and the coach is it can be easily fixed with a new coach. If its the players then its many more years again. The problem is ive heard it all before regarding the game plan and changing the coach hasn't once got us a flag.

True and I agree with the type of players we have drafted or recruited haven't been the greatest decisions and we have glaring holes in our list.

You still have to question WHY so many St Kilda players dont come on after they are drafted?

So how do we account for our lack of effort or any aggression whatsoever since about Round 16 last year?

How do we account for a team that was flying during the Maddie game for Roo and then next week flat again?

Agree we cant and there is no point in sacking Richo but gees he has to get himself and the teams want to play sorted out very quickly for the sake of the club.

True and I agree with the type of players we have drafted or recruited haven't been the greatest decisions and we have glaring holes in our list.

You still have to question WHY so many St Kilda players dont come on after they are drafted?

So how do we account for our lack of effort or any aggression whatsoever since about Round 16 last year?

How do we account for a team that was flying during the Maddie game for Roo and then next week flat again?

Agree we cant and there is no point in sacking Richo but gees he has to get himself and the teams want to play sorted out very quickly for the sake of the club.

Have a look at this well-drilled Hawks outfit. Mitchell is an out & out star but the majority of their team is full of no-namers & strong mullets.

Maybe a little. I just can’t help but compare our recruiting to the Crows in particular. They don’t have many top draft picks yet they seem to be extremely effective & well drilled. Surely development & coaching has a lot to do with their success?

I’ll just note that Chris Scott said before today’s game: ‘we have more than a couple of plans depending on how the game plays out’.

What are the chances we go into a match with more than a couple of contingencies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our match day coaching is extremely rigid & inflexible, I reckon even plugger66 would admit that?

Maybe a little. I just can’t help but compare our recruiting to the Crows in particular. They don’t have many top draft picks yet they seem to be extremely effective & well drilled. Surely development & coaching has a lot to do with their success?

Yes but maybe that's because they also have better recruiters or a bit of both. I keep coming back to Richo strength was apparently development. Strange that he would lose that strength.

Yes but maybe that's because they also have better recruiters or a bit of both. I keep coming back to Richo strength was apparently development. Strange that he would lose that strength.

Yes I’ve heard that he’s a fantastic developer over & over again but I’m yet to see evidence except fluff pieces in the daily rag. Facts are he’s been involved with a number of coaching programs including with Carlton, Collingwood, Port Adel & us & he has never been involved in a premiership.

Too true. Contrast couldn’t be more stark. There is no way we’d be so s**t if Clarkson was coaching.

As ive said before lets not talk about a guy who maybe the best of all time. Lets mention Bolton, Scott who has 3 of the greatest mids ever, Buckley, and others. Clarkson is freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I’ve heard that he’s a fantastic developer over & over again but I’m yet to see evidence except fluff pieces in the daily rag. Facts are he’s been involved with a number of coaching programs including with Carlton, Collingwood, Port Adel & us & he has never been involved in a premiership.

THIS! was thinking that the other day. has any of the assistants been involved in one?

As ive said before lets not talk about a guy who maybe the best of all time. Lets mention Bolton, Scott who has 3 of the greatest mids ever, Buckley, and others. Clarkson is freak.
I'm not so sure we should keep him out of the conversation, if nothing else he provides context for other coaches, if we can't get Clarko who else is better than Richo?

I'm not so sure we should keep him out of the conversation, if nothing else he provides context for other coaches, if we can't get Clarko who else is better than Richo?

Well we can’t get Clarko. It’s like me saying I’m leaving my wife for Jennifer Lawrence. We need to keep it real

Another observation, all these Hawks players are ripped & absolute pros. Meanwhile we’ve got fat cat Billy & Mattess guts. I reckon Clarko would tell the campaigners to get their skin folds down before even being considered for the 1’s.

Have a look at this well-drilled Hawks outfit. Mitchell is an out & out star but the majority of their team is full of no-namers & strong mullets.

Well Roughead, Gunston, McEvoy, Cyril, Sicily and Gunston might take exception to being called no-namers :rolleyes:

Well Roughead, Gunston, McEvoy, Cyril, Sicily and Gunston might take exception to being called no-namers :rolleyes:

I’ll give you Cyril & Roughead the others ain’t nothin special. The point is their output is unbelievable considering the amount of low draft picks, rookies & no-namers they have on their list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back