Rumour Gastro

Remove this Banner Ad

“Gastro outbreak” just comes across as a coping mechanism that sour supporters are using to console themselves. There’s no confirmation that anyone was unwell except for Astbury (and Dusty who was injured). Just wishful thinking.

Having said that the club weren’t themselves at all. They applied absolutely zero pressure on their Collingwood opponents early on. Collingwood played exceptionally well but the Tiges were really, really lacklustre and uncharacteristic. It wouldn’t surprise me if something was off at the club but without any sort of confirmation it’s just an exercise in excuse making.
No, it's not an excuse mate - for what it's worth even chicken nixon reckons he had mail that several players were affected.

******* unbelievable timing eh?

nope we wouldve belted em imo

it was clear that half or more of the boys had the bug. we had zero energy

Pies players were running around like they had ten red bulls pre game,our players looked crook,no energy in the prematch warmup.

I started worrying but dismissed it,then we lost.

The body language of Hardwick all game was strangely calm like he knew there was not much we could do,whatever we had,he didn’t take it as an excuse,was classy in the after match presser.

I am of the belief Collingwood were too good on the night and played with the exact hunger we had last year.

Must be the only comp on Earth where finishing on top puts a team at a disadvantage,it gives oppo teams extra motivation to knock you off,the infamous Aussie tall poppy syndrome.

Dimma was inbetween a rock and a hard place when selecting Dusty,imagine if he dropped him for the game and we still lost? Bloke would have been put under a bus.

Astbury should have been rested which makes me think others were a bit crook because of his selection,if you know what
I mean.

Last edited:

But the supporters have dug up the story
Yeah, just indulging in a bit of speculation on our own board. Must say it is weird that we've heard nothing much following all the pre-game rumours about Astbury being on a drip/late withdrawal etc.

Could be the FD wants to avoid criticism about selecting players who were not right as much as anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is embarrassing.

They were better than us on the day, this is what happens in sport. Believe it or not, a new season will start soon enough.

We lost, they won.

End of story.
I’m uncertain about how many had gastro apart from Dave , but I do believe the MC did a Brisbane 2004 and played injured and non match fit players.

Gastro is a virus with different stages. Most common one these days is the 24 hour one. Unlike sports people, we ride it out and feel sick for a few days afterwards. A drip is to replace what we have lost in that 24 hours and works fast and you are usually back to your old self within a few hours.
People say in here that we have the best medical staff in the game so we should trust them and even though in our eyes it looks like they made a mistake playing dusty ashh or whoever else like the saying goes once you cross the line your fit to play. The second half should have proven that there was no gastro through the camp.
So let's give credit where credit is due and accept we were beaten by a far better and organised team on the day.

Gastro is a virus with different stages. Most common one these days is the 24 hour one. Unlike sports people, we ride it out and feel sick for a few days afterwards. A drip is to replace what we have lost in that 24 hours and works fast and you are usually back to your old self within a few hours.
People say in here that we have the best medical staff in the game so we should trust them and even though in our eyes it looks like they made a mistake playing dusty ashh or whoever else like the saying goes once you cross the line your fit to play. The second half should have proven that there was no gastro through the camp.
So let's give credit where credit is due and accept we were beaten by a far better and organised team on the day.
We got pumped

Nah mate! Moved out of that joint at start of this year. Starting to think it's why we aren't in the big dance this year & why Lambert had a mare.

Unbelievable the influence I have on this club

you’ve always gone hand in hand with gastro like ebony and ivory

i think we have all the answers we need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back