Preview Geelong V Brisbane Prelim Final Sat Oct 17 7 40 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footy pundits seem convinced Danger needs to start forward this week. I’m not so sure. Bris have an amazing midfield, but a small one, he ripped them to pieces last time on ball. They score well from centre clearance, our weakest position of defence. Can’t afford to get jumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watch the enire 4 seasons of Cobra Kai and go out and strike first strike hard and take no prisoners! LOL

sorry i just had ot be an idiot for a second...

But yes.. play hard and confident footy... cant let BL get up and about as they will run forward of the ball and if they get that... we are in Barney. So play harder straight line 1%er footy and keep it off them. Make them change their play to match ours.

Fagan is a cagey and experienced bloke and will have them ready.

GO Catters
Haha just finished season 2.
Gotta love Johnny.

And anyone crunch Cotchin who is due to be hit by the Karma bus.

Well they need a dose of their own medicine. An arrogant bunch, who are trained to play on the edge, Cotchin deliberately tackles to hurt, Lynch continues to act like a tough guy with cheap hits, they’re always giving away 50’s, Dimma doesn’t care so the players don’t.

wouldn’t mind Port, who play very physical as well, hit em between the eyes this Friday.

Footy pundits seem convinced Danger needs to start forward this week. I’m not so sure. Bris have an amazing midfield, but a small one, he ripped them to pieces last time on ball. They score well from centre clearance, our weakest position of defence. Can’t afford to get jumped.
A bit like Stanley, start him on ball and let him drift forward. Create havoc at key moments. We need to have the timing spot on, as overwhelming them in midfield (where they are no chums) is essential for Geelong victory. Duncan and Guthrie are so important, as is the fierce and combative style of Joel Selwood. If these guys can step up as they did last week, we have the luxury of moving Dangerfield forward (at times).

Totally agree - we will go with a big bodied midfield early to hit em hard and tire em out. Danger Joel and Cam G at the start. The key as Scott said tonight is win the ball in the midfield. Then Danger can exploit mid v forward based on how the game is going.

Well they need a dose of their own medicine. An arrogant bunch, who are trained to play on the edge, Cotchin deliberately tackles to hurt, Lynch continues to act like a tough guy with cheap hits, they’re always giving away 50’s, Dimma doesn’t care so the players don’t.

wouldn’t mind Port, who play very physical as well, hit em between the eyes this Friday.
Someone here mentioning karate kid. That tackle from Cotchin was some kind of experienced martial arts manoeuvre. Swept the leg, held the neck, pivoted around and dropped his weight to roll Jones over his body, gave a bit of a flick or shove to release. Think he even managed to grind his face with the other hand a bit on the way down. Really probably should have been referred to the tribunal for a thorough review.

I've liked Bews' development as a running defender and think he should continue playing that role. He's our most improved player this year and it's as a result of a little more freedom.

So have I but not this week. Bews to wear Cameron like a glove. O'Connor also provides increasingly good run and rebound anyhow.

Totally agree - we will go with a big bodied midfield early to hit em hard and tire em out. Danger Joel and Cam G at the start. The key as Scott said tonight is win the ball in the midfield. Then Danger can exploit mid v forward based on how the game is going.

Why ?

I read it somewhere - maybe on this forum - or was it Mick McGuane excellent preview of the game - that Dangerfield spent 86% of game time against Coll - playing deep forward - but you want him in the centre

Id play him exactly how they played him against Coll - Dangerfield Rohan ( hope he keeps marking like that ) Hawkins - plus Stanley drifting forward - Ablett and Miers crumbing - all good

Why ?

I read it somewhere - maybe on this forum - or was it Mick McGuane excellent preview of the game - that Dangerfield spent 86% of game time against Coll - playing deep forward - but you want him in the centre

Id play him exactly how they played him against Coll - Dangerfield Rohan ( hope he keeps marking like that ) Hawkins - plus Stanley drifting forward - Ablett and Miers crumbing - all good
What I found interesting on Saturday night is that Dangerfield went into the middle during the last quarter, was there for a couple of centre bounces & it's when Collingwood kicked those 3 goals in a row

Not saying i wouldn't chuck him into the middle, but he was a dangerous player up forward, made the defenders accountable and others stood up when it was their turn in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back