Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zuthries in is definitely interesting considering last week CS said we had too many defenders in our team
Yet we take out 3 mids and bring in 1 mid, 1 forward and 1 backman

Nothing is surer that Henry starts forward

What id Like to see though and a lot will find this strange is play Zuthrie as a defensive forward in Lever

What Scott says and normally does are poles apart.

Anyone have our % win when Z.Guthrie is in the 22?

The Zuthrieometer is fairly ugly reading.

When Zuthrie is listed as an "in" on selection night:

Rd 15 2017 - Draw
Rd 20 2017 - Loss
Qualifying Final - Loss
Rd 1 2018 - Win
Rd 6 2018 - Loss
Rd 13 2018 - Loss
Rd 7 2019 - Win
Rd 1 2020 - Loss
Rd 10 2020 - Win
Rd 16 2020 - Win
Rd 1 2021 - Loss

Overall 36% winning ratio.

Geelong's overall winning ratio between 2017 to current is 64%.
Means nothing until you state who those teams were. If we were expected to win/lose games regardless then the stat is pure fluff. Only matters if a lot of those losses were upsets.

That said the crap you read on here actually blaming him for losses, he's 22nd player picked. If we lose with him in it's probably because senior players have had a bad game.
QFT! Zuth selected.. melodramatic piffle is posted.

He started round 1 last year and this year after he had 'big' preseasons, but they had no alternative but to drop him after he stunk it up something chronic both times we lost. If people are allowed to openly wish players like Constable get delisted, Zuthrie is the first on my list to get the chop-chop come years end.

Last edited:
The Zuthrieometer is fairly ugly reading.

When Zuthrie is listed as an "in" on selection night:

Rd 15 2017 - Draw
Rd 20 2017 - Loss
Qualifying Final - Loss
Rd 1 2018 - Win
Rd 6 2018 - Loss
Rd 13 2018 - Loss
Rd 7 2019 - Win
Rd 1 2020 - Loss
Rd 10 2020 - Win
Rd 16 2020 - Win
Rd 1 2021 - Loss

Overall 36% winning ratio.

Geelong's overall winning ratio between 2017 to current is 64%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think about it you can see the logic. Henry rolls forward again so we need a defender. Which means Holmes isn't being pushed out by Zuthrie, he's being pushed out by Menegola
Ill disagree on that... id rather a Key Forward eg Jenkins/For or Jarvis as he Jarvis can play as Forward to kick to. If Fort or Jenkins play then we can play our best key defender in Blitz as a permanent defender

Only 11 defenders. For shame Geelong! Couldn’t find a few more?
I said it on last weeks game day thread, if they thought last week was boring and defensive don’t watch us against melbourne
W

Holmes, Constable, Fort, Kreuger, Narkle

I’ll give you Fort and Narkle

Kreugar is another defender who everyone is complaining about and laughable keeps getting mentioned

Constable couldn’t run out a game of dodgeball, Holmes didn’t pull up good

Narkle is the main one, he needs to play over Zuthrie

Had tickets for tomorrow, then seen we dropped Holmes for another defensive plodder and gave them up.

Melbourne by plenty.

I said it on last weeks game day thread, if they thought last week was boring and defensive don’t watch us against melbourne
W

I’ll give you Fort and Narkle

Kreugar is another defender who everyone is complaining about and laughable keeps getting mentioned

Constable couldn’t run out a game of dodgeball, Holmes didn’t pull up good

Narkle is the main one, he needs to play over Zuthrie
Kreuger is a natural forward, were only playing him as defence as they trying to fit him..
Zuthrie over all of alot of other players is a joke...

QFT! Zuth selected.. melodramatic piffle is posted.
It’s not melodramatic it’s justified. And has nothing to do with if he’s the 22nd best player on the ground. It’s about the fact he shows absolutely nothing, even negative, every time he plays yet we constantly waste a space in the team on him.

People “melt” because we would rather see the spot given to someone who might actually have upside and haven’t had a chance yet, ie: Krueger, Narkle (had chances and been better than Guthrie, SDK etc, hell I’d honestly rather have a look at Oscar Brownless.

Kreuger is a natural forward, were only playing him as defence as they trying to fit him..
Zuthrie over all of alot of other players is a joke...
Mate this argument has been made over and over again.
Krueger was overlooked in his draft year. We then gave up pick 40 for him with a preselected pick by Carlton.
Kicks 14 goals in 12 games
If he gets given a game I’d be here arguing the same thing your arguing with Zuthrie about
Gifted Games, when a coach or a write up says Krueger is impressing and pushing for selection I’ll back him in.
He’s had so many chances to be brought in and haven’t even got close
Even again not even listed as an emergency
AGAIN

As many have said, Holmes was cooked last week. 6 day break. He’s 18. A kid. I’d be surprised if he’s even the medical sub. My suspicion is that Narkle will play as the sub. Holmes will have a weeks recovery and come back through the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back