Game Day Rd 4, 'The Harley Reid Cup'- Geelong vs Hawthorn, Monday 10 Apr @ 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These games, since 89, have always been different.

The air is colder, the sun warmer and the stakes are always higher for whatever reason.

And in this iteration, I see nothing different

other than the ladder positions of 17 v 18.

Its still gonna be a very important match.

They want to prove they are on the right track of their rebuild and we need to win - we must have a win to get rolling after the Flag.

Thus, as usual, the colder air, warmer sun and higher stakes once again mean its Easter Monday at the G and this rivalry will go on -

GO Catters

This game will play a significant role in the outcome of this year, you'd think. Lose this one and it's all over red rover. Looking forward to it!

If we lose this one then Scott has to go and rebuild is on which means playing young kids over the old brigade that can't run anymore.
Dual-Premiership coach has to go after round four of the season after a Grand Final win? That's as unprecedented as I've ever heard! 😳

If we lose this one then Scott has to go and rebuild is on which means playing young kids over the old brigade that can't run anymore.

Sack CS after 3 games… maybe
Sack CS 3 games after a flag.

Go troll somwhere else thanks

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heading up to the 'G for my first game of the year. It's going to be freezing cold - but I can't wait! Sitting on level 2 (six rows back) which is something different for me as I usually sit on level 1. Looking forward to it.

I'm expecting Danger and Cuthrie to lead from the front from the opening bounce. My boy Kolo back in; we have missed him big time. I don't buy into talk on here he's on the fringes. Scott loves him and there is a reason he was brought back in asap. Easily best 22 and always has been. Great for our structure.

Perfect conditions for Stengle today to find his mojo again. I'm expecting a big game from him - ditto Close.

Not sure what to expect from Duncan - clearly not much in the way of match practice / fitness but he is the ultimate professional and it wouldn't surprise if he is in our best today. We have missed him greatly.

Today is the day we kick start our season. I'm still expecting us to be a big player this year and that starts with getting a good win today.

Cats by 37

Go Cats

Dual-Premiership coach has to go after round four of the season after a Grand Final win? That's as unprecedented as I've ever heard! 😳

TJ coached Tigers to the 80 premiership, then sacked at end of 81!!
Bizarrely reappointed 4 years later at Tigers after trying out at Saints and getting sacked.
Both those clubs had a history of rapid turnover of coaches; thankfully, something Geelong has not been known for.
CS is going nowhere unless he wants to.

Can't see how we win this.
But the changes off the named bench on Thursday you asked for have all been named.. what makes you so gloomy?
Even I think we have a decent chance today, after a longish break, pride, and players named gives our squad a good look.
I have not seen any Geelong team lose 4 in a row for a long time; not that it can't happen, we are certainly not firing up to this day, but if ever there was a game to get us up this season, this has to be it.

Considering your so confident we lose, how do the hawks win?
Let’s say Hawks kick 15 goals to our 10 for example who kicks there 15 goals?
Their smalls will cut us apart.

Breust, Moore and Brockman and then add the run and dash from Jiath, Impey, etc out of their defence. Our forwards simply aren't accountable at the minute nor are they chasing.

Last edited:
But the changes off the named bench on Thursday you asked for have all been named.. what makes you so gloomy?
Even I think we have a decent chance today, after a longish break, pride, and players named gives our squad a good look.
I have not seen any Geelong team lose 4 in a row for a long time; not that it can't happen, we are certainly not firing up to this day, but if ever there was a game to get us up this season, this has to be it.
Not all of them. We still have Ratugolea in the backline. Complete liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back