Preview Round 4, 'The Harley Reid Cup'- Geelong vs Hawthorn, Monday 10 Apr @ 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Hawks fan I hope you guys get back on track and belt us by 100 points. After all it is the Harley Reid cup and he will be a once in a generation Talent then next year we can get back on with our rivalry. The cats look so like there a couple steps of the pace but they always take a while to warm up I hope Issac Smith has a ripper go cats

As a Hawks fan I hope you guys get back on track and belt us by 100 points. After all it is the Harley Reid cup and he will be a once in a generation Talent then next year we can get back on with our rivalry. The cats look so like there a couple steps of the pace but they always take a while to warm up I hope Issac Smith has a ripper go cats
Username is both elite and relatable

The funny thing is Hawthorn probably win the Harley Reid cup and in two years you guys get him for cheap on the trade table lol.

The funny thing is Hawthorn probably win the Harley Reid cup and in two years you guys get him for cheap on the trade table lol.
Don't be too hard on yourselves, Hawthorn always finds it's way back to the top eventually.

Genuinely miss when both clubs were at the top of the tree. Awesome rivalry with a mutual respect between both clubs. It was infinitely better than the rubbish we've got with the Tigers right now.

Even if both clubs have a few down years in the near future, hopefully the rivalry can be reignited with some talented kids on both sides in a few years time.

All the best!

Don't be too hard on yourselves, Hawthorn always finds it's way back to the top eventually.

Genuinely miss when both clubs were at the top of the tree. Awesome rivalry with a mutual respect between both clubs. It was infinitely better than the rubbish we've got with the Tigers right now.

Even if both clubs have a few down years in the near future, hopefully the rivalry can be reignited with some talented kids on both sides in a few years time.

All the best!
You’re right the rivalry is always great but this year the Hawks really need to lose and the cats really need to win to start their run back up to try and go back to back which I honestly think you guys can do unfortunately it’s going to be starting with a belting of the Hawks but you guys get it this year and next year we’re back on I still think we’ll see a few brawls in the middle and a bit of angst but the cats will be way too good this year I honestly think if you get all your players fit you can still win the whole thing it’s only round four

I can’t wait to see jhye Clark play any chance he’s gonna get a game in the next few weeks or what

I would of like to seen a big name player eg Tuhoy get dropped, instead of the get out of jail card in a kids name like Henry or Bruhn as such

I agree with the outs… for further selection integrity Hawkins , Stengle and Close should be on watch. Half backs N. Daicos, Saad & Wells have been best for the opposition in the first 3 rounds. They have jiath, Impey , scrimshaw and even Frost can burst away with speed… I hope we defend transition better this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the outs… for further selection integrity Hawkins , Stengle and Close should be on watch. Half backs N. Daicos, Saad & Wells have been best for the opposition in the first 3 rounds. They have jiath, Impey , scrimshaw and even Frost can burst away with speed… I hope we defend transition better this week!

Agree, if they serve up what they have so far, being dropped should be happening. We need to see a significant lift in a lot of players tomorrow.

Limiting Hawthorn's rebound and protecting the middle is crucial, if we don't do both of those, then the Cats are in for another shocker tomorrow and 0-4 looms large.

Duncan in means Guthrie goes back to the midfield? Hopefully Duncan’s experience can be utilized down back and help give them some leadership and direction, but Guthrie in the middle could perhaps be the downside of Duncan’s return !

We need duncan at half back for his ball use. With our outs we are struggling to transition the ball from there

Make no mistake this is a stern test against one of the wooden spoon favourites! On current form our best wouldn’t be good enough so we need to peg back Hawthorn’s game or hope they’re off 5-10%. Go cats!
Hope the spoon faves are 5/10% off. Save that hope for when it's needed.

is it Monday yet…. Really hope the boys can get the 4 points on the board and build some momentum.
4 points vs number 1 draft pick.
thanos-hard-choices.gif

I think you're mixing up "Hawthorn" with "Gold Coast". I'm not sure what the Suns have got cooking up for post this season, but I hope they can outdo their 2022 trade with us.

Name Parfitt as sub, which I expect they will, and we have the strongest team available, so absolutely no excuses, time to kick start our season.

Parfitt needs full games in the vfl to build his form up. I expect henry will be sub (particularly with sdk out).

Not sure how chicken wing Newcombe didn’t get suspended for his crude tackle last week. He bullied us last year as has Worpel in this fixture in the past.. Hopefully that midfield gets to work this week! Much needed against this mob!

Because it was only ever going to be a misconduct charge for Newcombe, and as a first offence for the year it's a fine - repeat those efforts a couple more times and he'll be looking at time on the sidelines

Parfitt needs full games in the vfl to build his form up. I expect henry will be sub (particularly with sdk out).

Could say the same thing about quite a few players, Close and Stengle just to mention a couple.

Going on his last three ""meaningful"" games, rounds 21, 22 and 23 last year, which were arguably three of the best he's strung together in his career, I'm not sure where all this talk about him being so out of form are coming from, personally I couldn't really give a toss if he's not setting the world on fire in pre season or VFL matches, needs to be in the senior side IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back