Preview Round 20: Geelong vs Fremantle, “The Clarke/Drum Cup” - Saturday 29 July, 1:45pm @ HOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was Blicavs that he hates. Or is it a longer list?
How could any Cats supporter hate Blicavs?
He is ....simply awesome.
We are just so privileged to have him.
EVERY team is trying to find their Blicavs.

It was really a discussion going down the line of not disrupting the defence which is starting to get back to last season’s unity, without Sav in it.

But Jack Henry is a known option up forward.
Really no need to do it when Rohan and Ollie are so good overhead for their size anyway, just play smaller if we need to

O'Connor was OK, very far from our worst, and his form hasn't warranted his being dropped- if that's how people are interpreting his being named as the sub.
I find it hard to believe O'Connor has been dropped. Probably rested but you'd think they would mention that. Surprised Bruhn isn't being rested. He keeps leaving the ground to get his shoulder worked on.

I find it hard to believe O'Connor has been dropped. Probably rested but you'd think they would mention that. Surprised Bruhn isn't being rested. He keeps leaving the ground to get his shoulder worked on.
You can't really make that sort of injury any worse and it usually settles down the more weeks and rehab you get through, strengthening exercises and things like that.

Its certainly not the run into finals that we had last year. Not only are we trying to wind up when each game result can make the difference ... we have players that are sore and still selected. Considering we play Port the Pies after this week... we best hope that we get thru this game without any more medical hinderances.

How could any Cats supporter hate Blicavs?
He is ....simply awesome.
We are just so privileged to have him.
EVERY team is trying to find their Blicavs.

including us id hope. He is 32.. and we have been blessed. He has hardly missed a game. Probably gets to 250 this year if we make the finals. All going well.. probably will need 3 season to get to 300.. which is kind of amazing

Its certainly not the run into finals that we had last year. Not only are we trying to wind up when each game result can make the difference ... we have players that are sore and still selected. Considering we play Port the Pies after this week... we best hope that we get thru this game without any more medical hinderances.
Every year is different.

Christ - three figure margin? I'd take one figure at the moment.

You just know these purple pricks aren't going to phone it in against us this week. It's been the story all season for us - the s**t teams don't play s**t when they're playing Geelong.

I really hope this kind of thinking isn't getting into the heads of the playing group.

Christ - three figure margin? I'd take one figure at the moment.

You just know these purple pricks aren't going to phone it in against us this week. It's been the story all season for us - the s**t teams don't play s**t when they're playing Geelong.

I really hope this kind of thinking isn't getting into the heads of the playing group.

I wish they wouldn't trot this stuff out. Kind of like 'we're the danger' comment.

Let our actions on-field do the talking.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be logical if the shoulder is sore.
In reckon Bruhn will be doing everything he can to “work through“ (or even hide) any sore part. Wouldn’t want to give up spot in 22 in round 20. I expect him to play (and Gola to play VFL) unless Tanner can’t lift his arm up!!

They've already said he'll be the sub - that suggests we're going to start managing senior players by rotating them through the sub role
So I read it like you…and actually on the cats website they say he WILL be sub.

But after that they have named him in the VFL team. I think when they named Clark as sub for debut (the last time we named sub early?) he was not named in VFL.

Maybe just an oversight…

If we want to win well we'll have to hit targets. Even when we had the momentum last week we missed targets going forward - even Duncan messed up.

We could and should have won the game given the number of promising entries we had in the second half but only Mieirs seems to really concentrate on keeping the ball in our possession. And of course in the first stanza we decided it was time to be really nice to Harris Andrews.

Youd think Geel would thump them - the Chris Scott milestone - Cam Guthrie has mentioned it spoke glowingly about Scott

So to me - because of that milestone - Geel will be totally switched on - and in my opinion the only game they have been this year - is the unfurling of the flag and as a result - the near 100pt demolition of Sydney - because the players were up

And how about someone editing this thread title - piiss off the Clarke /Drum Cup

Instead it should read something like this

Geel v Frem - Chris Scott breaks the legendary Reg Hickey Coaching record which has stood since 1959

A very significant event in Geel Football Clubs history

Geelong average disposal efficiency this year: 70.4%

Mark O'Connor: 79%

I'd prefer a bloke who looks like he's going to turn it over but then hits the target over the reverse any day.
Yeah cos mark oconner holds the play up and goes the safe defensive option too often. He kills opportunities even if his disposal reaches its target.

If we want to win well we'll have to hit targets. Even when we had the momentum last week we missed targets going forward - even Duncan messed up.

We could and should have won the game given the number of promising entries we had in the second half but only Mieirs seems to really concentrate on keeping the ball in our possession. And of course in the first stanza we decided it was time to be really nice to Harris Andrews.
I completely agree with the first part. Hate to be that guy though, Miers radar was also off. One goal assist, 5 score involvements Vs 4 turnovers is actually a fair way down on his regular ratio of those numbers. 75% disposal efficiency was alright but we actually had 13 players with higher, including Duncan (who had more score involvements too).

I actually think we'd have won the game simply if our smalls (Miers, Close, Stengle) had their usual proficiency with ball use/scoreboard impact. With all of that second half dominance it would've had us overwhelm them.

I thought it was Blicavs that he hates. Or is it a longer list?
I dont hate any footballers. And certainly not geelong players. Thinking someones football ability is overrated is not hate.

as for oconner. Saw him on neale a few times. Saw him tag a mid last week quite well. Ergo made an assumption he was tagging neale. Saw neale murder us and thus concluded he was doing a failed job on him for a large part of the game. Had a terrible seat. Could barely see what was happening in two thirds of the ground. My mistake. Sometimes bayes theorem gets you to the wrong conclusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back