Game Day Rnd 10 Fremantle vs Geelong, Saturday 20 May 4:35pm (AEST) @ Optus Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will ban the first person that uses the "I" word. - injuries

Enough already.

We get 3 blokes back and lose another 3.

We aren't at West Coast levels yet but * me not far off.

We saw the tipping point last week - not so much in talent but just in cohesion and the unwritten understanding between players .

And we had an off night.

Cant have another one - we need the blokes coming back in to be on from the start and take the chances when they present themselves.

Freo are kinda like a firehose turned on at full - not a great deal of control but capable of doing anything so we need to choke off their supply and leave them empty and dripping on the front yard.

Our best will get the 4 points and 6-4 is a much better deal than 5-5.

GO Catters

I will ban the first person that uses the "I" word. -

Enough already.

We get 3 blokes back and lose another 3.

We aren't at West Coast levels yet but * me not far off.

We saw the tipping point last week - not so much in talent but just in cohesion and the unwritten understanding between players .

And we had an off night.

Cant have another one - we need the blokes coming back in to be on from the start and take the chances when they present themselves.

Freo are kinda like a firehose turned on at full - not a great deal of control but capable of doing anything so we need to choke off their supply and leave them empty and dripping on the front yard.

Our best will get the 4 points and 6-4 is a much better deal than 5-5.

GO Catters
I'll take 4 points and "full player availability" then thanks

Seriously though. I think we scratch out a win here but not a lot in it

It's the absolute broken record, of course. But their midfield group is their opportunity to put us away here.

If Darcy and Jackson give Brayshaw and Serong great service, we will be absolutely up against it. Hopefully Ceglar can just keep competing, and our mids group battles for every ball. Given the scores that have been kicked against us when we've lost this year, I don't like our chances if we can't break even at the contest.

And you would hope the ball can stay in our front half for longer and with more scoreboard impact, given Tys and Brad come back for this game.

Just win, Cats...

No news of a debut even as sub for Mullin or Willis so assuming it is going to be Dempsey.
Actually could see it being Cooper Whyte. I didn't see the first half of last week's AFL game but it sounds as if Ollie didn't exactly cement a spot. And Cooper at least got some touches in the twos, and has already had a (brief) shot in the seniors earlier in the year.

Actually could see it being Cooper Whyte. I didn't see the first half of last week's AFL game but it sounds as if Ollie didn't exactly cement a spot. And Cooper at least got some touches in the twos, and has already had a (brief) shot in the seniors earlier in the year.
True. I just don't think it will be Dempsey.

I always saw this as the harder of the two games, mainly because Fremantle were under-performing and more capable of getting things in order.

Didn't expect Richmond to pull that kind of game out of their arse (and we lost it as much as anything else) so very unsure about this, especially in Perth. Darcy's a hell of a lot better than Ryan, so we'll be lucky to break even at CBs, let alone the midfield (purely looking at personnel, we won't). And as much as we have the forward firepower, it really doesn't matter if we have another 2.8 first quarter.

He has 9 touches and 3 score involvements in the second qtr. not much else in q1 or bit of q3 but showed the future possibility.
certainly didn’t cement spot (was omitted) but will be sub today. And hope he can have an impact if needed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last vfl game was the only game he was good, he is way off playing AFL

I am in deep rugby country. shudders I dont think I’ve seen Freo this year. A win and no mishaps will be a fantastic outcome.

If I can’t muster up enough internet for Kayo I’ll have to try the Krock stream.
Go Cats

Freo have been poor all year but found form the last two weeks just in time to play a depleted Geelong.

Haven’t heard anything further re the sub and possible debut. Been a quiet 24 hrs, but it was suggested that the club was considering a couple of options and no final decision had been made as yet.

This leads me to think there’s an injury cloud over a selected player and the sub decision might be based on whether that player gets up.

So I’ll take a stab. Tuohy still said to be managing a back problem. If he’s the player in question, then Mullin might be the possible debut that I had flagged to me a few days back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo have been poor all year but found form the last two weeks just in time to play a depleted Geelong.
Yes certainly food for thought that Clarko’s Kangas got it done over there! Bullies mauled them… so they have been a bit bog average this year but could be up for it against the premiers…
They have a decent backline in general that could have the match ups for Tom & Jerry. Hopefully their key half backs don’t get off the leash this week. Talking jordy Clark and Hayden Young… big watch for mine!

Haven’t heard anything further re the sub and possible debut. Been a quiet 24 hrs, but it was suggested that the club was considering a couple of options and no final decision had been made as yet.

This leads me to think there’s an injury cloud over a selected player and the sub decision might be based on whether that player gets up.

So I’ll take a stab. Tuohy still said to be managing a back problem. If he’s the player in question, then Mullin might be the possible debut that I had flagged to me a few days back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mean if Tuohy's out, Mullin's the obvious "like for like" replacement, isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back