Preview Round 11: Geelong vs Big Big Sound, Sat 27 May @ 4:35pm at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a ladder prediction thing earlier in the week where we lose the game against the Dogs.

We will need to win some 50-50s in the back half just to make the 8 if we drop it. That is assuming we get it done tomorrow.

Its, us, Freo, Essendon, and Adelaide essentially fighting for 7 and 8 on the ladder.

Good thing was we avoid interstate travel in my scenario and go on to win the flag by virtue of simply being too good at the G'
There's a very nice ladder prediction thread that an esteemed poster just bumped, actually.

Anyone else get the feeling they are holding back players until the Dogs game? Maybe the coaching group feel they have enough to beat the Giants tomorrow, but know the Dogs game is a hugely important one before the bye and have targeted that to have a much stronger lineup.
Only those who are not ready until then. CS has said over and over, no match is a certainty, and this week with our list, it's a true toss-up. HGA should help, and GWS are nowhere near their best

Classic comment from C Scott at his presser when asked about Ceglar not moving too well at training.

"Nah he'll play, Cegs just looks like he looks every week the day before the game".

Maybe they joke about him at the club the same way we do in here :) Maybe the coach comes in here every day and reads what we're saying.

"Hey Cegs, I was on BigFooty last night and someone said you moved like a worn out old hooker" .... "yeah classic Scotty, that's how I feel"

Chris Scott on… Oisin Mullin PT 2​

Oisin will play mainly back but we've been trying to develop a bit of flexibility there.

Zach Tuohy has been desperate to have an All-Ireland half backline at some stage and that's a possibility but some of our backs in particular play a fair bit through the midfield so we'll probably take eight or nine guys that can play back and shuffle them around a little bit.

Classic comment from C Scott at his presser when asked about Ceglar not moving too well at training.

"Nah he'll play, Cegs just looks like he looks every week the day before the game".

Maybe they joke about him at the club the same way we do in here :) Maybe the coach comes in here every day and reads what we're saying.

"Hey Cegs, I was on BigFooty last night and someone said you moved like a worn out old hooker" .... "yeah classic Scotty, that's how I feel"
He's been a pretty brilliant pick up, to be honest. If you have him in the side you'll instantly draw attention away from all available best 22 player performance. "Look at the funny dinosaur move, Dad!". The ultimate scape goat/whipping boy. People did try to do it early with Esava this season but then he kind of started playing too well.

Cegs can breath easy, he’ll get a permanent rest soon and we can go all Walt Disney and cryogenically freeze him for scientific research in 100 years.

Naismith will be a handy mid season pick up given Stanley will be out longer than they’ve let on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cegs can breath easy, he’ll get a permanent rest soon and we can go all Walt Disney and cryogenically freeze him for scientific research in 100 years.

Naismith will be a handy mid season pick up given Stanley will be out longer than they’ve let on.

Wait!!

He isn't frozen already??!

Is Conway a chance to play a few games in the back half of the season?

Simon Lloyd seemed to indicate that he could be playing games - even now - but their preference given the stage of his development is just to keep him on the training track working on his ruck craft. They're obviously thinking quite long term with him. I don't think we see him at any level this year.

Simon Lloyd seemed to indicate that he could be playing games - even now - but their preference given the stage of his development is just to keep him on the training track working on his ruck craft. They're obviously thinking quite long term with him. I don't think we see him at any level this year.
Which seems like utter madness to me. If he's eventually fit enough to play some games, surely you give him some actual footy, even with just a few weeks still to go at the end of the season.

How demoralising for a young player to be kept off the field for an entire year, if it's actually clear that he's fit enough to be out there playing competitive footy.

Last edited:
Which seems like utter madness to me. If he's eventually fit enough to play some games, surely you give him some actual footy, even with just a few weeks still to go at the end of the season.

How demoralising for a young player to be kept off the field for an entire year, if it's actually clear that he's fit enough to be out there playing competitive footy.

The theory has to be done, but so does the practical.

The theory eventually has to be proven by the practical, and you don't get real world experience jumping against padded bags.

But we ARE looking in from the outside, and it's plausible that there's other factors in play (just not Toby 😊) of which we're unaware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's taking what he said to an extreme. I think he was more just saying they're not too worried about the lack of games impacting his development.

So errr, did anyone pick up the part of the presser where Scott mentioned he wasn't worried about Jeremy Cameron leaving training early and he's totally not injured?

Heavy anxiety

That’s what the club is hoping but I’m hearing if he’s not ready, he might play a few VFL games and then the Brad Ottens cotton wool wrapping will come out til pre season

Nah he’s a fair way off playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back