Preview Rnd 10 Fremantle vs Geelong, Saturday 20 May 4:35pm (AEST) @ Optus Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has seen Willis play able to sum up his style? Who does he play like?
Def a bit of Chappy about him as calder_daddy mentioned.

He is a smallish explosive/powerful type that can burst through stoppage and be very hard to get a hold of (something most can't do).

He also has a nice leg on him.

Ideally he would play a bunch more games in the VFL to get some good continuity under his belt after missing so much time in the last 1.5 years due to injury... But we have so many out and he has performed well enough to be a shot at playing as a sub.

I think Willis' power could be a good late inclusion into the game as a sub if he is called upon.

Still it's hard to expect much from him but I have liked what I have seen from him and think he could be a very decent player in time.

So is Selwood still with the Melb Storm or have they parted company - you said he is about to go overseas etc
He was always just a glorified consultant at the storm, doing some leadership stuff (and I say that nicely). He's going over to the UK/Europe and sounds like he'll do some work with the Test team whilst he's over there too. Just doing bit parts here and there.

What you talkin’ about?

He was always just a glorified consultant at the storm, doing some leadership stuff (and I say that nicely). He's going over to the UK/Europe and sounds like he'll do some work with the Test team whilst he's over there too. Just doing bit parts here and there.
Needs to give Paddy a kick in the arse

Midfield is looking thin… Blicavs gets a tick, yet Atkins, Holmes , Bruhn & Parfitt really need to produce over there. We are still a Paddy midfield it seems if we can’t get this done…

We belted the Tiges in clearances (47-32) last week. We'll be fine. Just need better entries to Hawk and Jez.

Richmond weren't much chop and they rolled us. Before beating Wet Toast they lost 5 in a row.

This is the problem with this year with our injuries is that bottom 8 teams are beating us when they should be wins or % boosters.

We haven't even played the top sides yet outside of Pies.

I hope we get a good injury run this back half and not a continuation of what we're going through now or we won't even get a chance to contend this year.
But Richmonds only strength was in the contested midfield where we were weak, and they could run off back because we had kids in who don't work as hard as Close, or kick as accurately as Stengle.

Remember Richmond only rolled us because we kicked like dogshit.
Dempsey was badly inaccurate, Miers is usually a reliable kick and he kicked 0.2 from gettable shots, Tuohy missed an easy one, Blicavs missed from the ******* goalsquare, O'Connor and Knevitt if I remember correctly missed easier set shots.
Add in that Cameron was quiet, and on another day with the same match ups we win by 4 or 5 goals. We have been fairly decent in front of goal this year Tiggies got lucky they were insanely accurate and we were horrendous.
Against the Eagles they were 5.8 at HT, and against the Suns they were 2.9.
Against us at HT they were 8.3 and I think one or two of those were rushed.

Midfield is looking thin… Blicavs gets a tick, yet Atkins, Holmes , Bruhn & Parfitt really need to produce over there. We are still a Paddy midfield it seems if we can’t get this done…
Yes very thin

Thing is I thought our equally thin midfield were pretty sound first half v Tigers. Atkins in particular was getting a lot of clearances.

Real test though on the fast deck in Perth though. Don't have a great feeling about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back