Game Day Rnd 10 Fremantle vs Geelong, Saturday 20 May 4:35pm (AEST) @ Optus Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was a pretty sensible comment - every team will have a tipping point for win the injury toll seesaw tips too far

Right now we are missing the second most games of experience & only behind WCE who are absolutely smashed

That the injury toll has tipped the seesaw against us really shouldn't be too surprising, no matter how much we want to believe we can still keep winning - even when missing 1400 odd games of experience & playing away from home

You forget the "I" word banzhammer? ;)

Are we just crap or is it home-crowd-influenced umpiring? Or is it both? I’m listening on k-rock, so it’s hard to tell.
We have been average today- actually look a bit tired. Several players down on form- in fact more down than on? But we have battled away and probably did better than I expected.
Freo aren’t very good but they haven’t had to be today to knock us off. If you can’t beat us at the moment you aren’t much chop. Just too many out and a predictable result.

Going through our premiership players (and Sav/Holmes as "best 22"):

I would say Henry and Stengle for first games back just about get a tick, understandable they've faded for periods.

Hawkins played well. Some mistakes aside, Blicavs and Ratugolea as well. Smith's been decent. So let's say 6 have been alright as a collective.

Stewart, Cameron, MOC, Zuthrie, Kolo, Close, Miers, Atkins, Holmes, Parfitt, Tuohy, Bews not good enough.

You cannot get away with 12 premiership players being down on form at the same time.

Thought it was a pretty sensible comment - every team will have a tipping point for win the injury toll seesaw tips too far

Right now we are missing the second most games of experience & only behind WCE who are absolutely smashed

That the injury toll has tipped the seesaw against us really shouldn't be too surprising, no matter how much we want to believe we can still keep winning - even when missing 1400 odd games of experience & playing away from home
Look at the 12 players I mentioned. They have a responsibility to perform when others are absent. They simply haven't.

Having another 5 or even 8 players back would paper over cracks and maybe even swing the last two games to wins. But let's not ignore the glaring errors and red flags all over the field for players that are in our very best 22. That's head in the sand stuff that only a few posters are indulging in.

We have a favorable run home with our draw - just need to get personnel back on the park
8 out of our last 13 games are against the current top 6, who we don’t have a win against yet.

That includes all of Brisbane, Port, Collingwood and Dogs away.

I know we’ve got a lot of GMHBA games left, but I would t call the run home favourable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go here

GO Catters

The ******* delusion every week from the commentators that act like this is anything even close to our premiership side is ridiculous.

Going through our premiership players (and Sav/Holmes as "best 22"):

I would say Henry and Stengle for first games back just about get a tick, understandable they've faded for periods.

Hawkins played well. Some mistakes aside, Blicavs and Ratugolea as well. Smith's been decent. So let's say 6 have been alright as a collective.

Stewart, Cameron, MOC, Zuthrie, Kolo, Close, Miers, Atkins, Holmes, Parfitt, Tuohy, Bews not good enough.

You cannot get away with 12 premiership players being down on form at the same time.
I was absolutely pooping myself when I saw Atkins with like 7 touches to 3/4 time - thought we'd copped another key injury.

Freo with 107 more disposals. That's Freo on the left in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_8912.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 40
I agree with that..i can see us going on a run and finishing 4th/5th/6th..with players back we will do much better. We are just missing too many best 22 guys particularly in midfield.

And it's not just best 22 but the next tier down we're also missing - Bowes may or may not be best 22 come seasons end, same when Ollie H, and we saw in just a quarter last week what Clark had to offer

While Menegola currently injured, and we could potentially have seen Neale get a run during this season

So it's not just missing best 22, but those next in line meaning that we're reaching deeper into the list & to fill more places than we likely wanted to

Umpires had zero impact on that result. Grow up and accept the failings of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Their first three goals in the last directly from poor decisions

Doesn’t excuse our performance but that was basically the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back