Preview Round 20: Geelong vs Fremantle, “The Clarke/Drum Cup” - Saturday 29 July, 1:45pm @ HOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Connor was OK, very far from our worst, and his form hasn't warranted his being dropped- if that's how people are interpreting his being named as the sub.

I really like O’Connor but he is a bit slow with everything he does
Unfortunately he was not blessed with many fast twitch fibres and is playing a game he didn’t grow up playing
He needs to learn the art of quick hands
He is a very solid player and someone who is a perfect sub

Good team.

I think bowes/moc is a toss up for the last spot (and both would make good subs as positionally versatile). But otherwise thats our best 23 (assuming no cam guthrie for the year, i doubt bews gets back in) i dont see any changes for the next few weeks unless we have injuries.

O'Connor was OK, very far from our worst, and his form hasn't warranted his being dropped- if that's how people are interpreting his being named as the sub.

They werent dropping henry, i think bruhn is now best 23 (with cam guthrie out), so it was realistically bowes or moc out unless tuohy got dropped. And bowes was good last week.

Good team.

I think bowes/moc is a toss up for the last spot (and both would make good subs as positionally versatile). But otherwise thats our best 23 (assuming no cam guthrie for the year, i doubt bews gets back in) i dont see any changes for the next few weeks unless we have injuries.
I think MOC has more impact on the ground than Bowes

I really like O’Connor but he is a bit slow with everything he does
Unfortunately he was not blessed with many fast twitch fibres and is playing a game he didn’t grow up playing
He needs to learn the art of quick hands
He is a very solid player and someone who is a perfect sub
Hesitancy isnt a function of slow twitch fibres. Its due to a lack of awareness and being too risk averse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong average disposal efficiency this year: 70.4%

Mark O'Connor: 79%

I'd prefer a bloke who looks like he's going to turn it over but then hits the target over the reverse any day.

Not sure this game offers much other than get the job done and get some players into form for some big games coming up
Freo are still dangerous but it won't prove much knocking them over unless with some conviction
Getting players into form is quite a lot to offer tbh

That and 4 points is required

I think MOC has more impact on the ground than Bowes

I tend to agree but its a very marginal call it wont impact whether we win or lose games its the bottom end of the 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back