Preview Round 20: Geelong vs Fremantle, “The Clarke/Drum Cup” - Saturday 29 July, 1:45pm @ HOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d play Sav forward ahead of J.Henry and Neale. He may have improved overall as a footballer over last 2 years.

Neale is a long way from AFL standard from what I’ve seen so far.

J.Henry has struggle me when moved forward so I just don’t see how it offers more than Sav. I put Henry in the old Harry Taylor ‘plan B’ move forward that never worked but Scotty kept trying it every 20 games or so.

AFL Round 20 Team​

In: Gary Rohan

Sub: Mark O'Connor

Geelong has made one change for the team to face Fremantle this weekend, with Gary Rohan returning to the side after recovering from an ankle injury.

Rohan missed last weekend's 11-point loss to the Lions but has been named to take on the Dockers at GMHBA Stadium on Saturday, while Mark O'Connor will be the sub.

The game will mark Geelong coach Chris Scott's 305th game in charge, surpassing club legend Reg Hickey as the most games coached by in club history; Scott becoming just the 11th person in the history of the game to surpass 300 games in the coaches box.

O'Connor, Oisin Mullin, Sam Menegola and Esava Ratugolea round out the Emergenicies.

First bounce is at 1.45pm on Saturday at GMHBA Stadium.

AFL Round 20 Team​

In: Gary Rohan

Sub: Mark O'Connor

Milestone: Chris Scott 305 games (Most games coached for Geelong)

BacksJake KolodjashnijJack HenryGary Rohan
Half BacksZach GuthrieSam De KoningTom Stewart
CentrelineMitch DuncanIsaac SmithMark Blicavs
Half ForwardsOliver HenryTom HawkinsTyson Stengle
ForwardsZach TuohyJeremy CameronBrad Close
FollowersRhys StanleyPatrick DangerfieldMax Holmes
InterchangeJack BowesTom AtkinsTanner Bruhn
Gryan Miers
EmergenciesMark O'ConnorOisin MullinSam Menegola
Esava Ratugolea

Interesting that they named MOC as sub. I think that is what they did (on afl website it just says we have the 2 subs out from last week!!)

But they are selective when they do this (name sub in a Thursday). To avoid saying they ommitted MOC. Haven’t cared when done it to a younger (who was sub following week)

I don’t mind it but then coaches should complain that they have to name 22 instead of 23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MOC's last two games have been pretty good. They wouldn't omit him except to give him a rest. Expect a late change.
They've already said he'll be the sub - that suggests we're going to start managing senior players by rotating them through the sub role

It’s not like we’ve got Petracca running around in the 2’s, but I thought after getting pummelled around the ball last week that we might have changed up the midfield mix

They've already said he'll be the sub - that suggests we're going to start managing senior players by rotating them through the sub role

Sure, but if on the day they decide someone's got a bit of a niggle and that there needs to be a late change, O'Connor will be in the starting 22 and someone else will be sub. Which I suspect is a fairly reasonable chance of happening.

Agree. That is what we have been discussion here in terms of when do they start rotating through the finals 23. Using sub.

Only additions from here bar injury could be bews and Guthrie. Depending on fitness.

If Guthrie gets fit I suspect he replaces someone in best 24.

To my mind I think menegola will find it hard to get into 23 from here

Agree. That is what we have been discussion here in terms of when do they start rotating through the finals 23. Using sub.

Only additions from here bar injury could be bews and Guthrie. Depending on fitness.

If Guthrie gets fit I suspect he replaces someone in best 24.

To my mind I think menegola will find it hard to get into 23 from here
Unless he gets a late run Saturday, at least as sub

Really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back