Preview Rnd 10 Fremantle vs Geelong, Saturday 20 May 4:35pm (AEST) @ Optus Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to get done here and people are going to panic.
The biggest worry for me is just when the wheels turns back... And how much damage is done, and it may just burn too many petrol tickets getting us where we need be, on bodies that aren't primed and OK because they've missed so much time and haven't had that match hardened fitness.

Time will tell obviously, you need luck amongst other things to win a flag and we just might not have it this year

Was very bullish against Adel - was not at all against Rich

But i think Geel will have a comfortable win this week - given who we are playing - i will say a 22 point winning margin to the Cats

And here is a quiet street corner tip for you - throw Ceglar into your coaches votes - hes got his ideal opponent/match up this week in Darcy - who is slow - and i did watch earlier in the year the Freo v Nth Melb game and Darcy had al hell of a lot of trouble handling Todd Goldstein extra size and height and thus i reckon Cegs will monster him

Parfitt is very lucky people keep getting injured as his form doesnt warrant games. Clark being injured long term really sucks. These injuries are biting our depth hard lucky we have decent depth. I dont agree with risking henry on this ground i hope it doesnt bite us.

I assume dempsey to sub. We still have the cattle to win this but we need big games from our mids.
We have extraordinary depth.

If other clubs copped this kind of injury list it would be season over. The fact that we're 5-1 over the last 6 and remaining competitive is a testament to this group IMO.

They just have to hold on for a little longer, the troops will return in short time.

He doesn't look ready to play a full game of AFL. What is he 4 foot?
He's no shorter than Caleb Daniel then and he doesn't need the headgear with that afro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah 1,400 odd games out is dam wall breaking territory.
Freo over there is probably as tough an assignment as Richmond at the G - possibly a little less. Yet as poorly as we played, expected score had us within 2 points of the Tigers. Duncan, O.Henry and J.Clark out for Stengle, Close and J.Henry is an upgrade on paper - but let's call it a draw to due variable conditioning. So it should be another competitive game that we can win if we kick well and our '22 premiership players + Holmes step up. All that this massive list of absentees does is stop it being a walk in the park. But I don't think we should go in entirely defeatist.

We are losing 1 or 2 players each week to injury. In come Stengle and Jenry, out go Duncan, Oenry, Clark.

These are the outs now:
1. Patrick Dangerfield
2. Cam Guthrie
3. Ollie Henry
4. Sam De Koning
5. Mitch Duncan
6. Gary Rohan
7. Rhys Stanley
8. Jack Bowes
9. Sam Menegola
10. Jye Clark
11. Shannon Neale

At this rate we might have to bring out the garden gnomes.

Adapted from the main board thread, I've shuffled around some player positions to where I think they'll actually line up:

DOCKERS
B: B. Cox, A. Pearce, B. Walker
HB: H. Young, L. Ryan, J. Aish
C: J. Clark, S. Switkowski, E. Hughes
HF: N. O’Driscoll, L. Jackson, B. Banfield
F: M. Walters, J. Amiss, L. Schultz
FOLL: S. Darcy, A. Brayshaw, C. Serong

I/C: J. Treacy, M. Frederick, N. Fyfe, J. O’Meara
EMG: N. Erasmus, W. Brodie, M. Johnson, K. Worner

CATS
B: M. O’Connor, E. Ratugolea, Z. Guthrie
HB: J. Kolodjashnij, J. Henry, T. Stewart
C: Z. Tuohy, T. Atkins, I. Smith
HF: B. Close, J. Cameron, G. Miers
F: S. Simpson, T. Hawkins, T. Stengle
FOLL: J. Ceglar, M. Blicavs, M. Holmes

I/C: J. Bews, B. Parfitt, T. Bruhn, M. Knevitt
EMG: J. Willis, O. Mullin, O. Dempsey, C. Whyte

Bolded are premiership players. Despite all the quality we are missing, we have 16 of them running out on Saturday. Freo are a decent side but there isn't a massive quality differential between the two line ups. Kick well, play well and we are in it right up to our eyeballs.

We are going to get done here and people are going to panic.

I wont panic even if we get done simply because we have so many players out. We just need to try and get our W-L at 50 % if we can by the bye and get as many players back as we can.

No VFL game this week. Final team that runs out is far from locked in.

Stay tuned as I said.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Im fine with that so long as its dempsey into the 22 and not mullin.

You either know stuff or you throw a s**t load of darts

I’m still unsure

My original post was made on the assumption they’d name the sub but quickly realised that’s not til game day.

Will be announced soon enough so just chill. Not sure why people get wound up. There’s a bit that goes on behind the scenes with families etc so just respect that and stay tuned.

Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back