Preview Round 11: Geelong vs Big Big Sound, Sat 27 May @ 4:35pm at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If that happens Ceglar is a late out, my shout for a 🍺, if Ceglar plays you by me a slab of 🍺 🍻 🍺 😎
Jon, don’t you get enough in matchies to buy your own beer?

Geeze I hope so

No doubt the guy is trying his heart out, but can see he’s running on fumes

This week seems the best chance to give him the rest/managed treatment, as they may decide he has value going up against English a week later

No doubt the guy is trying his heart out, but can see he’s running on fumes

This week seems the best chance to give him the rest/managed treatment, as they may decide he has value going up against English a week later
I would've thought English would run him off his legs and Blicavs is actually a very good matchup for English. If we need him to play one or the other I'd prefer him against Briggs on the smaller ground.

I saw Ceglar in a wheelchair today.

He was practicing centre bounce taps at the time out on the ground during training.

In Ceglar we trust

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So he's looking more mobile at least?

Neale picked the worst time to get injured.
Yeah it's hard to disagree, lucked out early on as he would have gotten games to let Hawk build more fitness and now he arguably would have played the last few in the ruck.

Just following the pattern we've had with luck really all season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's hard to disagree, lucked out early on as he would have gotten games to let Hawk build more fitness and now he arguably would have played the last few in the ruck.

Just following the pattern we've had with luck really all season
we had decent luck last year. in the PF we had the best possible team on the ground.

I think we just have to accept that we won't be making the top 4 this year, and instead we need to focus on getting our best 22 fit and firing for September whilst winning enough games to finish 5th/6th. Then from there, with a fit team and a little bit of luck, I'd back us to win all of our finals (especially if we get lucky with opponents and get to stay in Victoria). It's not the ideal path to a flag, but it's been done before (most recently the Dogs in 2016) and our poor start to the year has given us no other feasible option (we still have 5 games against top 4 teams to come in the H&A season! :eek:)

I would've thought English would run him off his legs and Blicavs is actually a very good matchup for English. If we need him to play one or the other I'd prefer him against Briggs on the smaller ground.

Yes but sdk will have to play back next week on either naughton or lobb so he wont be able to ruck hence ceglar rucking. Whereas gws dont have as many talls.

I watched those highlights again from his first VFL game.

I don't really get the people saying he's a long way off it. He's physically miles ahead of your average debutant. And his composure, skills, etc from that clip are ahead of many debutants.

I remember watching that game and he looked more ready to debut than Clark or Whyte did. Same with Knevitt last year. So I'm not surprised they've named him for a full game rather than coming in as the sub.

Yes but sdk will have to play back next week on either naughton or lobb so he wont be able to ruck hence ceglar rucking. Whereas gws dont have as many talls.
Blicavs and SDK could just go directly head to head with English and Lobb respectively. And Henry back gives us lots of options. I don't see any team really stretching us for height if we have all of 2x Henry, Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan, Blicavs, SDK, Kolo and Ratugolea in the team.

Any body has that tweet on games of experience of each club has missing with injuries

Swamp hasn’t released on this week

Take a deep breath grasshopper.

Knevitt and Simpson both need a rest. Mullin will surprise - and I’ll assume at this stage you’ve done zero research.

Sport science team at the club say they’ve never seen an athlete like him walk through the doors. Tuohy refers to him as the equivalent (in Gaelic) to Nick Daicos and says no one at the club gets near him in most of the testing.

Have some faith. Do you honestly think they’d pick him just to take the urine?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I must admit when I first saw Mullin two years ago when they said they would recruit him back then, I thought he looks like a bit of a specimen. Can only say he would've improved in strength and fitness since then.

Tbh, he probably more resembles someone like Andrew McGrath at Bombers in terms of fitness and type of athlete. McGrath was a No1 draft pick if people still recall. Not saying he will play like him, but on physical attributes as an athlete, would be very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back