Game Day Round 19: Geelong V Brisbane, Battle of the Cats - Sat 22nd July 4:35pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rock and roll, here's our chance for the big one Goose"

I think that says it all really -

We can really set things apart here if we can get the win V Lions tonight - not that its the end of it all if we lose - we are still in it but the chances thin out a great deal and we lose control of our own destiny.

Tom Atkins 100th game - and the other 22 out there could do worse than applying his never say die attitude to the full 4 quarters.

The Lions will be ready, hungry and eager to prove a point.
The dropped a sure thing last week and will be sick of hearing about it this week.

WE are mostly unchanged from last week althought Rohan and 2E smell like changes later in the piece.

WE have a deent record at the Gabba but the Lions love their home deck and its a sell out so the voice of affirmaiton will be in full effect.

IF we win the MF battle and the Forwards keep it locked in up there... thats 2 big elements in our favour.

Need to kick straight and not give them a sniff.

Charlie will be looking to ride the bike in all pockets and im hoping that Zuthrie keeps him in the garage.

As it says up top, this is the big one Goose - we get this and there isnt a Top 8 team that wont be looking over their shoulders.

But we gotta win it first.

PFD is due to rip one apart... Jezza is getting his 22 legs back... so is Mitch. Watch for Miers to get more attention this week too... maybe a run with.

Go Catters

"Rock and roll, here's our chance for the big one Goose"

I think that says it all really -

We can really set things apart here if we can get the win V Lions tonight - not that its the end of it all if we lose - we are still in it but the chances thin out a great deal and we lose control of our own destiny.

Tom Atkins 100th game - and the other 22 out there could do worse than applying his never say die attitude to the full 4 quarters.

The Lions will be ready, hungry and eager to prove a point.
The dropped a sure thing last week and will be sick of hearing about it this week.

WE are mostly unchanged from last week althought Rohan and 2E smell like changes later in the piece.

WE have a deent record at the Gabba but the Lions love their home deck and its a sell out so the voice of affirmaiton will be in full effect.

IF we win the MF battle and the Forwards keep it locked in up there... thats 2 big elements in our favour.

Need to kick straight and not give them a sniff.

Charlie will be looking to ride the bike in all pockets and im hoping that Zuthrie keeps him in the garage.

As it says up top, this is the big one Goose - we get this and there isnt a Top 8 team that wont be looking over their shoulders.

But we gotta win it first.

PFD is due to rip one apart... Jezza is getting his 22 legs back... so is Mitch. Watch for Miers to get more attention this week too... maybe a run with.

Go Catters
Today we ensure that we don't die wondering

Let's f***ing go!

One cracker of a day here in QLD I was up early cooking up a mixed catch of mud and sand crabs to head for a BBQ with the family in Brissy before all heading to the GABBA to see the reigning premiers flex their muscles and take down the Bearlions,3 generations of us there today and we all love BIG TOMMY HAWKINS and the Cats it's a huge day on our calendar,pardon DAZ but
Go Cats.

Gary Rohan was away from the rest of the boys at open training yesterday, running up and down as a couple of men in blue stood around watching him. I am assuming that was a fitness test?

Anyway, I am very happy the club did an open training up here in Brisbane! Loads of people turned up and I was thrilled to see some of the boys made sure to sign for everyone (like Stewart, Stengle, Esava, Bruhn, Cameron.) It's not everyday you get an open training up here in Brissy.

“If we have to win every game from here on in to qualify; then that’s okay. At our best we can beat anyone. We believe our best is the best’ ……Chris Scott
“Prove it”…. Me
It’s W time in a big one! Form line around essendon doesn’t look good now, but win this we can lock in 5-6th. Let’s see who wants it!

On a walk in brisbane before heading to vfl. Just saw Oisin also on a walk. VFL team would already have gone to ground so confirms view that Oisin not playing VFL.

He could be “hold back” but I think he will be sub. With Rohan out and 2E in. (I suppose a change gola is sub but my pick is Oisin)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, after being told by the media, opposition fans and even a few of our own that the season was over - from as early as round 10 - here we are, sitting 5th and with a game of great consequence awaiting. Play the kids and look to 2024? Not yet.

There have been some disappointing games dropped along the way - no matter the extenuating circumstances. Nevertheless , by and large the boys have dug in. Unsurprisingly things have improved as key players returned, the core group played together and we had some overdue home fixtures.

Finals arrive early for us this season and one could argue they started as far back as the Bulldogs game, or certainly by the time the Demons visited Geelong. What we haven't ticked off yet is a convincing 4 quarter performance interstate. The Port game arrived just a couple of weeks too early, but there are no such excuses here. Needless to say if we play like the first half of the Sydney trip, a hiding will be dished out by the Lions.

A win would announce Geelong as legitimate contenders this season. A close loss while playing well is not desirable, but would keep the pulse alive. Getting blown out of the water would be massive blow.

Geelong by 5 points.

Let us take a momment and drink from this
Sweet Cup of Destiny.

afl wink GIF

Gary Rohan was away from the rest of the boys at open training yesterday, running up and down as a couple of men in blue stood around watching him. I am assuming that was a fitness test?

Anyway, I am very happy the club did an open training up here in Brisbane! Loads of people turned up and I was thrilled to see some of the boys made sure to sign for everyone (like Stewart, Stengle, Esava, Bruhn, Cameron.) It's not everyday you get an open training up here in Brissy.
I tried turning up with the kids after school but was there in time only to see Blicavs heading off the field.
Kids are half cats half lions.
I suspect the wrong half of their hearts will be broken this afternoon.
Actually in truth they don't care half as much as I do about footy. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back