Preview Round 19: Geelong V Brisbane, Battle of the Cats - Sat 22nd July 4:35pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handy that the VFL boys will also be in town their game is Saturday 11.05am at Brighton Homes Arena.

Going to be a "Super Saturday" - nip down the road to watch Toby and the VFL boys in the morning, then head up to the Gabba mid-afternoon. The new Springfield ground is a god-send, because I think they (and the AFLW) were playing up in Maroochydore, which was too much of a hike.

If Esava doesn’t play I commend them on intestinal fortitude.

If Tuohy is sub that’s exactly what I called for using the sub to manage veteran minutes.

I am…

…struggling to melt?
There is still time…

Late change for Sav in…Gola gets sub and 2E rested…lots of things still possible for you to come back…

Could be wrong, of course. But I think it's significant that Esava hasn't returned to the senior team after 'management', particularly given the relative height of the opposition forwards this weekend. Surely this would be one of those weeks where he's supposedly included to counter some seriously tall opponents, if he's actually considered to be on a par with the rest of the defenders at this point.

So it looks like there has been an acknowledgement that the defensive group is better balanced without him out there. Really sensible call for mine. Here's hoping they all stay fit and available as we ramp up towards September.

We're starting to get squeezed for debatable/vacant positions so decisions like that are coming, but I still hear Scott talking Sav up. My guess is insurance, but don't know how match fit he would be with no games under his big belt.
Also when the Club put out a VFL game highlights vid for Menegola you know he's about to feature.

There is still time…

Late change for Sav in…Gola gets sub and 2E rested…lots of things still possible for you to come back…
It would take Cameron and/or Dangerfield out for me to melt form here.

So Cameron a late out replaced by Sav it is:p

Hawkins instead of Cameron and it may have been a cardable offence 😉

Edit - just saw the stupid autocorrect which is super frustrating as normally there's no issue with Hawkins 🤬

Last edited:
I wonder how many marks this year Harris Andrews averages per game

Ive watched quite a few Lions games this year and he appears to take quite a few marks in each game - and these aernt passes from team mates - these are kicks coming in from the attacking side and he marks them

I wonder how many marks this year Harris Andrews averages per game

Ive watched quite a few Lions games this year and he appears to take quite a few marks in each game - and these aernt passes from team mates - these are kicks coming in from the attacking side and he marks them
IMG_2824.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half an hour?
That is what it says on maps…and maybe on saturday morning that might be right.

A bit burnt by last time I went… I went to pre season game on a thursday or Friday night game there and got caught in traffic (uber) took 80 minutes and I was later…. And then when I arrived, the didn‘t sell pies!!! At a football game…. Oh. And we lost…

We're starting to get squeezed for debatable/vacant positions so decisions like that are coming, but I still hear Scott talking Sav up. My guess is insurance, but don't know how match fit he would be with no games under his big belt.
Also when the Club put out a VFL game highlights vid for Menegola you know he's about to feature.
Scott always talks Sav up, he did that last year despite basically never picking him, just tactics to keep him there and committed for a rainy day, he wont buy it this time and will walk at seasons end though.

Yes it does piss me off when he does these break downs - of us generally. Still it's one thing to know what to do but another to be actually able to do it.
Is not like he's putting forward anything oppo analysts don't already know

You're welcome - until Neale has 40 and kicks two - and gets the three votes on September 25.
Imagine kicking 2 and getting 40 possessions in a grand final and the 5 member panel only gives you 3 out of the 15 available votes.

He must have come up against a pretty amazing cats side

Payne allows him to play loose and he just reels in easy intercept marks, Geelong have to make him accountable.
Not many sides have 4 good marking targets and 3 genuinely competent small forwards though. For most of the season we simply haven't had a complete midfield to exploit this advantage. We did against Port for a quarter and a bit. Ultimately if we break even in the middle we will win, especially now that J.Henry, Z.Guthrie and De Koning have found form in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back