Game Day Round 11: Geelong vs Big Big Sound, Sat 27 May @ 4:35pm at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to have a discussion about our lack of forward pressure.

4 tackles inside 50 to 22, is not good enough.

We've decided to finally play the last 15 minutes, but Giants have easily matched our increased tempo.

Feels like they've just toyed with us all game.
Yeah too little too late and we cannot win contests or the hard ball consistently. Oh and those defensive stoppages and ground balls are horrific. Giants the better team, thus well deserved.

Well, this is easy...Never have 3 Irish in your backline. That was clearly a joke, but so was the team position decisions this week.

We deserve that.
Sure we have injuries, but the guys that remain should be doing better.
That's one of the most pathetic 1st 3 quarters I've ever seen.
Gutless and lazy.

Despite the injuries we still had 3 very winnable games but those out there just didn't play well enough and now we may as well look to next year because we are too far back now

Just sitting here flabbergasted at how we are playing Parfitt.

I don't think I've seen more selfish behaviour from a player than him consistently over time.

Miers by the numbers is close to, if not the best user of the ball inside and going inside 50. To burn him and kick it on your non preferred to the opposition. Disgusting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to have a discussion about our lack of forward pressure.

4 tackles inside 50 to 22, is not good enough.

Can't carry Jez, Hawk and O. Henry in the same forward line until O. Henry improves his defensive pressure and stops with the all-or-nothing mark attempts that leave him out of the contest when he doesn't grab it.

Just sitting here flabbergasted at how we are playing Parfitt.

I don't think I've seen more selfish behaviour from a player than him consistently over time.

Miers by the numbers is close to, if not the best user of the ball inside and going inside 50. To burn him and kick it on your non preferred to the opposition. Disgusting

In the last when Parfitt kicked inside rather than handball to Miers?

It happened in front of me and looked like Parfitt wanted to give to Miers but didn't have control of the ball to get a clean handball off as Miers ran past

He then looked inside for an option and didn't put enough on the kick

Silver lining

Mullin is impressive. Give him time to learn the nuance of the game and he has the attributes to be an elite level player clearly. GWS could barely lay a finger on him.

Knevitt continues to impress in spurts. There's something to work with there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back