Game Day Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - definitely a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid test this .

Bombres could really be anything. They got sone real flashy talent that on a roll is hard to stop.

They can also get over their skis and drop their bundle.

We are getting better at consistent form and will need 4 quarters of it to see this one out.

A few changes for us too and maybe a managed or 2 still to come.

Back on the G we will require our best ti stay on top. Getting to 4-3 is important here

Go Catters

Solid test this .

Bombres could really be anything. They got sone real flashy talent that on a roll is hard to stop.

They can also get over their skis and drop their bundle.

We are getting better at consistent form and will need 4 quarters of it to see this one out.

A few changes for us too and maybe a managed or 2 still to come.

Back on the G we will require our best ti stay on top. Getting to 4-3 is important here

Go Catters
Is that like Hombres? You've been in the US too long.

Cats for me by 30 points. Too strong, too many good players on all lines.

No injuries please, and Darcy Parish more longing to comeback home to the farm.

Bit of a danger game. Bombers lost to saints and pies, but also beat the dees. They’ve got four good ins this week too. If we can get on top in the midfield we’ll have too much firepower up forward.

Is that like Hombres? You've been in the US too long.

Cats for me by 30 points. Too strong, too many good players on all lines.

No injuries please, and Darcy Parish more longing to comeback home to the farm.
images

Going to this game. Go Cats.

Same

And with the changed train situation from the Geelong region for another few days - buses between Waurn Ponds & Wyndham Vale, I've already left home for a bus

With the potential 2 hour trip to get to Melbourne, but the limited GA seating, I decided to get up earlier than normal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‘Bombres‘ played well against the wobblers last week. Will have to play well to knock them off.
A good test at the G after some wish washy opponents and an easy home deck kill.

Same

And with the changed train situation from the Geelong region for another few days - buses between Waurn Ponds & Wyndham Vale, I've already left home for a bus

With the potential 2 hour trip to get to Melbourne, but the limited GA seating, I decided to get up earlier than normal
A family member is driving us to the car park at Southern Cross and then we’ll get the train. I also have bombres in laws. They are sitting elsewhere in the ground.

Could see Cameron drifting up through middle more with us being a touch light in the midfield.

Go have a day Ollie Henry.
Big Ollie vibes about it. Undersized defence means he gets a real scrapper on him.

Real test this, Bombers have been good, a win over the Demons and more then matched it with the Pies for three quarters last week.
Win and we're a real possibility of going 6/3, which would have us better placed then at the same stage last year before we started our sixteen game winning streak.

Think we'll win but it won't be a walk in the park as some on here have suggested, I'll just be happy with the four points, no injuries and Cameron taking back the lead in the Coleman medal race.

Would like to have seen Ceglar playing, do not like De Koning rucking, even for short periods, kids way too valuable to risk.

This will be the toughest game the Cats have faced for a few weeks. The lads have been showing some of the form that saw them be successful last year but the true test is always against a side that has been playing well and is above you on the ladder. Win this and we'll know the Cats are back. Lose this and the doubts on the side will linger. The Cats are playing for credibility today (and a position in the eight).

Go Cats.

Beaded Up before the Bombs Away begins
Ironically it is better if Bombers bomb it long
Cats have an impenetrable air defence setup
Defeats due to corridor Buster counter attacks
Cats are fully Fragged to handle any Bogey
Rather Ceglar suited up and Blitz as Wingman
Allow SDK to settle in defence and gain form
Bews may be rusty potential high Drift Factor
Air Boss
Scott will ensure mission plan executed
Create a Furball in the middle, Bounce and Blow
JC to launch his trademark SAM's to Tomcat
Maintain Angle of Attack direct at goal for 4Q
Expect an early call of- Alpha Mike Foxtrot
Bravo Zulu: Collect 4 points and in the Eight.

cat pilot 2.gif

LEGEND
Air Boss - Officer responsible for all aspects of Air operations
Alpha Mike Foxtrot - "AMF". Phonetics for "Adios Mother F#cker”
Angle of Attack - Too great an angle of attack will cause the wing to stall,
Bandit - Dogfight adversary positively identified as a bad guy
Beaded Up - Worried or excited
Bogey - Unidentified and potentially hostile aircraft
Bounce and Blow – Touch and Go
Bravo Zulu – A task well performed
Buster - Direction to go as fast as possible
Drift Factor - If you have a high one, you aren't reliable
Fragged - Loaded weapons-wise according to the mission
Furball - A confused aerial engagement with many combatants
SAM - Surface-to-air missile.
Wingman - Second aircraft/pilot backup

Posted this in the preview thread, but also valuable here - a reminder for those sitting in GA seating today:

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING​

Please note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-4
  • Q5-Q15 1/2 (rows S-DD)

Ponsford Stand
  • Q31-Q36 (rows S-MM)

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-Q55 (rows U-MM)

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • Q15-Q24 (rows K-DD)
  • Q25-Q28

CHEER SQUAD AREAS​

Essendon: M3 (rows A-Z)
Geelong Cats: M33 (rows A-S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back