Preview Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - prob a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one of the three is definitely in. We're going in with a defence that is close to the smallest in the AFL (against the best key forward combination of the past two and a bit years), taking our best forward into defence. We're gonna struggle to get within 5 goals
There's a bit of reverse mozzing going on from Cats fans. Bombers can absolutely win but your midfield has to pulverise ours. I.e you need Geelong circa rounds 1-3. I won't gaslight you and say what you've been saying is wrong. 4 or 5 goals is probably where the line sits. But a line that size can be overturned - Essendon/Melbourne was probably similar at the time.

Has Parfitt been switched out for Dempsey?
UPDATED: 9.30pm Thursday, 27 April
Please note, Brandan Parfitt (administrative error) has withdrawn from the Geelong Cats AFL squad for Sunday's Round Seven match against Essendon to be played at the MCG. Ollie Dempsey comes into the squad.

I think one of the keys for Geel is if - and it looks likely now that Gary Rohan is playing - because both he and Stengle are dynamic players and i wouldnt want both of them out of the one game

Sundays game - look bar say the bottom4 clubs - all the other clubs - it basically comes down to how they play on the day

Ess i didnt think were convincing in wins over GWS and Gold Coast - then they drew level with Stk - but the Saints were just too good for them - they did have a good win over Melb - but Melb have put in the odd shocker - and then they were good against Coll for 3 qtrs

Geel has had 3 wins against very poor opposition - and the Gold Coast and Carlton losses ( given those 2 clubs recent form ) look pretty terrible now

I will settle for just the 4 points this week - if Ess were ever going to get hold of Geel in a big way - 1st time in a decent time then this could be the game - that is my concern about this game - and that is why i will settle for just the 4 points

It’s pretty strange wording implying that he’s withdrawn himself from selection. Hopefully everything is ok with him and perhaps just a mistake from the media team.

I hope he can go back and find his mojo through the vfl. Should be a good chance to rack up some form in the vfl this week. It’s a local game for me against Coburg, as much as I love watching Coburg (except against the cats) they struggle against the afl teams.

It’s pretty strange wording implying that he’s withdrawn himself from selection. Hopefully everything is ok with him and perhaps just a mistake from the media team.

I hope he can go back and find his mojo through the vfl. Should be a good chance to rack up some form in the vfl this week. It’s a local game for me against Coburg, as much as I love watching Coburg (except against the cats) they struggle against the afl teams.
Very strange. It was either an admin error or he withdrew? My bet it was an error and then they tried to make it sound a little better by adding some wording. Didn’t work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies broke Essendon
Season over for them they’ll miss finals now
Pretty harsh assessment.
Bombers were up for a fair amount of that game, and were missing their key mid.
What ever it is we're better off him out of the side until he's right his clanger rate this season is more than double this time last season and it's opening us up going the other way to often.
Got a coach's vote last week- not that shabby, 25 possessions, 60 %TOG.

Very strange. It was either an admin error or he withdrew? My bet it was an error and then they tried to make it sound a little better by adding some wording. Didn’t work!

I'm thinking there's 3 potential options:

- he withdrew after the squad was announced tonight,

- he had previously withdrawn/made himself unavailable for this week, but they forgot to update the extended bench from last week

- he was never part of this week's squad & an error was made on the team announcement & they're trying to work out how to word the stuff up...

The second one makes sense in terms tonight's update, but I'm still confused by the update

I don't mind Ceglar, the little he's played I've thought he'd looked alright. Experienced and has talent, very nice backup if required imo.

Yes he has.

I suspect the bench will be ceglar bews ollie and bowes and simpson as sub.
By Ollie you mean Henry? I don’t think Dempsey makes the 22 (even though I would love to see it - he is clearly now behind Simpson for that role)

I don’t think Ceglar plays either.

So I have Bowes, Bews, Simpose and Henry as bench and Mitch as sub again.

I think they will “hold over” Dempsey or Ceglar as a back up (VFL at same time) as they will want Tanner to play given he has had the last couple of weeks off. If any late change happens though (Rohan hamstring rumour?) then I suspect Tanner comes in (given Guthrie out)

Ceglar was what 3 years older than Fort, and has been continually injured, as he was at Hawthorn (or just not selected).
Good point…played 100 games in his career so never really been consistent. As I said he has always looked like he should be better than he ended up being…. Hasnt worked.

Is 7 accurate with its reporting that Tuohy, Duncan and Danger are all on injury watch?
I haven’t seen that. I had heard whispers of Rohan hammy being ”a watch”. I suspect Duncan and Danger are a watch frankly every week - they probably take most of the week to recover so always feel doubtful! Interesting thing is when do they start this mythical managing of players?

Bews will be in the team for sure (replacing Guthrie).

If further late out then I suspect Tanner will get a crack and then Dempsey would only come in (or Mitch would and Dempsey sub?) if there were 2 late changes.

What we do all the time is not report injuries
No arguments here, but there's a player(s) under a cloud just about every week either through the media or ITK posters, it rarely eventuates as an injury if they've been listed on the team sheet.

Duncan, Touhy, Danger are all over 30. More than likely just carrying a few niggles and/or soreness and being nursed through the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back