Preview Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - prob a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect I don't see it that way - Fort was never given a decent run of games to prove himself with us.
IIRC he was a pinch hitter who was decent when played and did manage to kick a goal or two going forward - much like he has shown at Brisbane when given the chance.
I'd still prefer Fort as a back up over Ceglar - only just though.
The main point is though that it was Forts decision to make. He was chasing game time and Brisbane had long term injuries that guaranteed him games. It's that simple

Not positive enough about Ceggars! I mean he replaces Stanley! He is not replacing Gawn or Grundy… ! Stanley plays one good game in 12 so why wouldn’t Ceggars do the business compared with that?
Stanley is not a great tap ruckman but he can get involved at ground level and can run oppo rucks into the ground with running capacity.

Ceglar is not a great tap ruckman and can barely run out a vfl game. He is approximately zero % chance of being a listed player next year

The main point is though that it was Forts decision to make. He was chasing game time and Brisbane had long term injuries that guaranteed him games. It's that simple
And they'll sometimes play him even when Big O is in the team. Geelong very rarely play a second ruck because we have Blicavs.

He's going at around 11 possessions, 11 hit outs and 0.3 goals a game this season. For the 2-4 games we might need out of our back up back up ruckman each season, I don't think we're missing out on much and Fort is better off.

And they'll sometimes play him even when Big O is in the team. Geelong very rarely play a second ruck because we have Blicavs.

He's going at around 11 possessions, 11 hit outs and 0.3 goals a game this season. For the 2-4 games we might need out of our back up back up ruckman each season, I don't think we're missing out on much and Fort is better off.
Definitely win win

If Goldstein had come to Geelong, he could have been a two time premiership player

Watch the language - insults at posters or players isn't on

As an FYI for those going up on Sunday and wondering about GA seating:

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING​

Please note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-4
  • Q5-Q15 1/2 (rows S-DD)

Ponsford Stand
  • Q31-Q36 (rows S-MM)

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-Q55 (rows U-MM)

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • Q15-Q24 (rows K-DD)
  • Q25-Q28

CHEER SQUAD AREAS​

Essendon: M3 (rows A-Z)
Geelong Cats: M33 (rows A-S)

Fair call , agreed, but the point I was making is he was never given a run of games with us and seems to be able to go forward and pick up a goal or two.

Fair call , agreed, but the point I was making is he was never given a run of games with us and seems to be able to go forward and pick up a goal or two.
He still would not have been had we not traded him. He would be on about 10 career games at this point. He would add 4 this year until Stanley was back

Not sure.
I thought Cam was very good. 60% game time, and lots of involvement, great linkup play. Maybe he is less recognisable without the hair, but worth a vote.
I really wanna make some quip about haircuts and ice-cream but I know I shouldn't.

Do you actually have anything positive to contribute or are you just looking to play the antagonist in every thread that you post...

It's tiring & boring - try to bring balance to your posts because at the moment there's not much difference between these efforts & that of opposition trolls who end up with infractions & board bans...
Henry doesn’t run more than 30m away from goal… we have Hawkins and Rohan leading out so he is not being utilised in my view… it’s a discussion isn’t it? Do I need to say Geelong is the greatest ever and we have won 17 premierships ??? It’s a discussion about Geelong’s football performance… isn’t allowed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I note that Stanley was seriously under-rated again above. Sad because he's been an extremely serviceable player for us over the years. It's not his fault if he isn't John Nichols. As for Fort, he would get quite a few games for us this season I have no doubt; nor can I see the point in bagging him now he's gone. Good luck to him.

Who knows who will end up in the team come Sunday, what with speculation about several players, uncertainly about how Scott will see the ruck situation etc etc. But it would be baffling if either Ollie Henry or Bowes missed out; they surely did enough last week.

With Merrett returning the Bombers will trouble our mids so iI'd have Bruhn in for Guthrie, Blicavs and SDK to share the ruck and it's a toss up for the last spots; it would be great to see Ollie D but it probably won't happen.

Henry doesn’t run more than 30m away from goal… we have Hawkins and Rohan leading out so he is not being utilised in my view… it’s a discussion isn’t it? Do I need to say Geelong is the greatest ever and we have won 17 premierships ??? It’s a discussion about Geelong’s football performance… isn’t allowed?

Did anyone say that - you just need to stop the hyperbole though

You open line is utter trolling that would have likely been reported multiple times if posted by an opposition as there's just no truth to it. Here's Henry's heat map from last week - 11 disposals with 6 of them outside the forward 50, and another 3 that look likely to be further than 30m from goal

1682659524140.png

Here's his heat map for our clash against WCE the week before - again more than half his disposals further than 30m from goal, though he did spend more time closer to goal as we were firstly missing Rohan & then Stengle was subbed out

1682659643854.png

Trolling the guy for the roll he's playing makes no sense - no doubt there's areas of his game he could work on, but he doesn't really have much issue working up & down the ground

Excited about this game- looking forward to Sunday- 1pm at the g in the Northern stand - a rarity to sit there for us- excellent.

I note that Stanley was seriously under-rated again above. Sad because he's been an extremely serviceable player for us over the years. It's not his fault if he isn't John Nichols. As for Fort, he would get quite a few games for us this season I have no doubt; nor can I see the point in bagging him now he's gone. Good luck to him.

Who knows who will end up in the team come Sunday, what with speculation about several players, uncertainly about how Scott will see the ruck situation etc etc. But it would be baffling if either Ollie Henry or Bowes missed out; they surely did enough last week.

With Merrett returning the Bombers will trouble our mids so iI'd have Bruhn in for Guthrie, Blicavs and SDK to share the ruck and it's a toss up for the last spots; it would be great to see Ollie D but it probably won't happen.
I think Bews in and O'Çonnor to the midfield. He can play a defensive role on Merret or Parish if needed. Bruhn needs to rack up mid 30's in possessions in the VFL to deserve a recall.

Not real confident about Geelong winning - so i will take any win - and move onto the next game

Its interesting how certain opposition players are talked up by posters - 1stly Darcy of Frem who is just an ordinary ruckman - and certainly not a good ordinary ruckman - but according to some hes a blooody star

Now we have got Draper - well i will concede hes better than Darcy - but that is no glowing endorsement

Sure hes a big tall bloke so hes got a height advantage on most - i dont think he has done alot in his career so far - yet you read post after post that Draper is going to get hold of us and do this and that

In that last qtr Coll blitz - Draper was badly outmarked - deep in Coll forward - just eased out of the contest by a much smaller opponent - and i dont think he is that flash a kick - he missed a vital goal set shot up the other end

So im not to worried about the ruck battle - im much more concerned about Essendons overall run - and i think back to our game against Carlton and our 2nd half against Coll both at the MCG - and the ease which the opposition got control of the ball for large periods

Its so hard to evaluate - they were 5 goals in front of Coll at 3 qtr time - but how much of that was due to the 95k crowd so they were hyped right up- did they play above their normal standard ?

I will be fully convinced about Geel this year - when they put in a performance like round 1 last year ( which was against Ess but they are alot better this year ) where it is a clininical demolition right from the opening bounce - when the Cats put a performance like that at the MCG ( away from KP ) then i will be totally confident that they are right back to their Premiership best

Did anyone say that - you just need to stop the hyperbole though

You open line is utter trolling that would have likely been reported multiple times if posted by an opposition as there's just no truth to it. Here's Henry's heat map from last week - 11 disposals with 6 of them outside the forward 50, and another 3 that look likely to be further than 30m from goal

View attachment 1672474

Here's his heat map for our clash against WCE the week before - again more than half his disposals further than 30m from goal, though he did spend more time closer to goal as we were firstly missing Rohan & then Stengle was subbed out

View attachment 1672475

Trolling the guy for the roll he's playing makes no sense - no doubt there's areas of his game he could work on, but he doesn't really have much issue working up & down the ground

How does that compare to Rohan?

Nonsense. I've seen him involved up on the wing a fair bit this year. Needs to improve his tank and do it more and offer more in general but it has happened. And he is still very young. I'm stoked we have him.

How does that compare to Rohan?

This is Rohan from last match against Sydney:

1682664249968.png

And this is Rohan against Hawthorn on the MCG
1682664301166.png

Rohan has definitely stayed more forward his last couple of matches, but both are also prepared to work further to the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back