Game Day Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well

here we are.

No one really expected facing 0-3 .- live ladder has this game 17 v 18 ....:oops::oops::oops:

But then no one really expected a Flag in 22 either.... so really anything is possible.

We have work to do, have been hit hard by injuries and have players only just going at the moment.

And with that we've lost to the 3-0 Pies by 22 and the Blues by 8.

Not really totally out of it yet, but its certainly time to get on our bike.

We are slowly getting players back, even if Stewy is more cloak and dagger than really gonna play.

We have the VFL curtain raiser as well so strap the fridge full of piss, clear the couch and tell everyone to leave you the hell alone.. because thats what im doing

Today should be the day we get 4 points on the board - but it will require our best and is far far from a given.

The MF needs to lift and get control - give the Backs some help and the Forwards a better look than they've been getting.

And some chances for people to make names today - Bowes can step up, Bruhn get consistent all game long, Stengle and Close actually popping up and getting involved... SDK making it thru a game without getting smashed to pieces... Ceglar leading Witts on a merry dance.... yeah one bridge too far I know....

Lets get it done today and carr the VFL winning streak over from last week and for the AFL boys... get the points!

GO Catters

Last edited:
One sons first game since being back in Australia last game 2011 Grandsons first game just turned 4 loves big Tommy says we will smash the Gold Coast hope he's right the margin is of no concern today 4points and not adding to our injury list is the wish, full day for me heading off in the next hour.

Win the midfield and we win their defence wont hold us. But their run across a fast track will be hard to defend if we dont win the midfield.
Need big games from danger guthrie bruhn atkins holmes and blitz today.

This REEKS of one of those "trail for most of the first 3 quarters to eek out a shitty 3 goal win".
I hope I'm wrong, but I feel we'll leave this game with a crappy win and even less confidence looking to the rest of the season.
Then we'll smash the hawks by 900 points.

What a positive outlook based on nothing.

This REEKS of one of those "trail for most of the first 3 quarters to eek out a shitty 3 goal win".
I hope I'm wrong, but I feel we'll leave this game with a crappy win and even less confidence looking to the rest of the season.
Then we'll smash the hawks by 900 points.
I’ll take whatever as long as it’s a win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know Know Know How Cats will Go Go Go
But am sure they will improve
Yet to Jell Jell Jell or play Well Well Well
Still trying to find their groove

Missing Tall's Tall's Tall's struggling Smalls Smalls Smalls
Losing the contested ball
Playing Crap Crap Crap or Nap Nap Nap
Has seen the mighty fall

Bit by Bit Bit Bit they're getting Fit Fit Fit
To play 4 quarters in a row.
Injured Back Back Back to Attack Attack Attack
Expecting a better show

Will they Run Run Run and Gun gun Gun?
Gold Coast Suns to feel the wrath?
Good Win Win Win big Grin Grin Grin
Cats back on premiership path

Midfield is a major, major concern. We've got to find a way to at least break even today. Looking at it on paper, our group is going to be up against it:

Ceglar, Danger, Guthrie, Blicavs, Atkins, Bruhn vs. Witts, Miller, Rowell, Anderson, Swallow, Flanders

Not a match-up that fills me with confidence.

Can't believe I'm saying this given how recently we won a premiership, but our midfield just looks thin from a personnel standpoint. We need to find someone else who can do a good job through there, but I'm not sure who the answer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back