Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game this one... but for all the wrong reasons we'd expected

14 v 16.

Not the banner game one would expect but the ramifications are indeed epic.

Someone will be 0-3 and if we thought Modding after a GF was gonna be easy, go 0-3 after a GF and think again.

They are fast and talented and its gonna be hot and sticky.

We are short a gallop it seems and have many in the medical rooms. Form has been patchy but the green shoots have been there too - albeit from too few and too short a time period.

Lost 2 games by 30 points total - its not all gloom and doom but the results need to start coming and this one needs to be the first.

Be it from leadership, form, fitness, luck, skill or endeavour, we need to find a way to get the points on the board.

Who is gonna stand up and get it done. ??

Jezza did last week but one swallow a summer it doesnt make - and its a team game.

Whatever synergy needs to be found, now is the time.

Oh.. and you can be critical without being a dick.
Reasoned criticism is fine - blind unbalanced poking for arguments is not and will be acted against.

GO Catters

Really need to get a win on the board here.
The last 2 weeks, while our offensive game hasn’t been horrible, our amazing defensive structure from last year has been not existent. Our intensity has resembled the intensity of a practice match.
We have some injuries obviously, but we really need to find a way to win this.

More than slightly concerned that Jez has some rib damage from Thursday. Going to be near impossible to win if he doesn’t play given Hawk’s current fitness.
That , and would he travel to GC if baby imminent, or have I missed news of birth already?

Really need to get a win on the board here.
The last 2 weeks, while our offensive game hasn’t been horrible, our amazing defensive structure from last year has been not existent. Our intensity has resembled the intensity of a practice match.
We have some injuries obviously, but we really need to find a way to win this.
Our defensive structure must clearly be related to personnel available.
Henry, Kolo, and Stewart are a very key trio, and DeK has been a bit lame.
We are simply a different team to the all-conquering 2022 team, and it is evident we are very gettable at present.
We may want this to be a must-win game, but reality is against a team desperate as well to get their first home win, with skilled and speedy MF players in warm conditions, a loss is not going to be a shock if it happens.
I think we will be 1-3 after the Hawks game.

I think we will be 1-3 after the Hawks game
So you think Gold Coast win.

You’re giving GC way to much credit to be tipping them but you’re entitled to feel that way.

Time will tell but we have gone with the Pies for 3/4s... which in a few weeks we might have been the only team to trouble them and just lost to the Blues who should be a solid side after they just drew with the Tigers who are a solid side.

GC got smacked by the Swans (fair enough) and ran over by Essendon and Kyle Langford wrecked them... Dons are not good at all.

I actually think our form line is better than the Suns... not that it counts for much.

Be positive, if we are a decent team we win.

Should win, but 'should' is not 'will'. Cats by 30 points but football is a funny game (but not so much when our mob is losing).

If we lose this one, a top-4 finish will start to look a bit iffy.

Go Catters!!

So you think Gold Coast win.

You’re giving GC way to much credit to be tipping them but you’re entitled to feel that way.

Time will tell but we have gone with the Pies for 3/4s... which in a few weeks we might have been the only team to trouble them and just lost to the Blues who should be a solid side after they just drew with the Tigers who are a solid side.

GC got smacked by the Swans (fair enough) and ran over by Essendon and Kyle Langford wrecked them... Dons are not good at all.

I actually think our form line is better than the Suns... not that it counts for much.

Be positive, if we are a decent team we win.

I like a poster with a sense of humour, telling Dubs to be positive is really quite funny. ;)

Played against pretty decent opposition the previous two weeks, with some key personnel missing and a number of others down on form, yet weren't blown off the park in either of them, and played some decent footy (in patches) with our last quarter against Carlton particularity encouraging.

Not the start to the season we were hoping for, but I'm not worried just yet (that will change if we drop one of our next three) which I don't expect us to.

So 3/2 after five, with hopefully almost a full squad to choose from for the GF replay on our own deck, is not that bad a position to be in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More than slightly concerned that Jez has some rib damage from Thursday. Going to be near impossible to win if he doesn’t play given Hawk’s current fitness.

Don't forget he may stay in Vic on baby watch anyway

We should set ourselves a strong expectation to have a percentage of 100 or greater after this game.

That is - a five goal win. Gold Coast will challenge us at the coalface but we probably have the edge in overall fitness and game plan / ability.

No pushover but I think that would be a good, achievable goal if they apply themselves.

I saw a bit of the Bombers-Suns yesterday. They dominated a good patch of the third - could've put the game away - but inaccurate kicking left the door open and the Bombers stormed through. Inconsistency is their biggest problem but if they put it together and we decide to serve up a Carlton Q3 or Pies Q4, we could be in strife. Usually Suns games up here can be a bit of a snore-fest but feeling this one could be a little spicier.

I saw a bit of the Bombers-Suns yesterday. They dominated a good patch of the third - could've put the game away - but inaccurate kicking left the door open and the Bombers stormed through. Inconsistency is their biggest problem but if they put it together and we decide to serve up a Carlton Q3 or Pies Q4, we could be in strife. Usually Suns games up here can be a bit of a snore-fest but feeling this one could be a little spicier.
The last time I went to Metricon was Ablett JNR's first game against the Suns after his return to Geelong. Iirc he kicked 3 and had about 40 disposals. He was unstoppable.

I also reckon it was the game I ran into The Unforgiven

The last time I went to Metricon was Ablett JNR's first game against the Suns after his return to Geelong. Iirc he kicked 3 and had about 40 disposals. He was unstoppable.

Was that the game Harley Bennell went berserk and kicked 6?

2014 was a weird season - we'd dominate or at least be up in the first half only to stop dead in second halves time and time again.

I'm going to this one taking the 4 year old Grandson to his first game finger crossed the Mighty Cats can get up player availability is a real worry for this one Stanley can be out 3 weeks with a paper cut and I doubt he gets up after having the ribs tickled by TDK in the center bounce contest last week even with a longer break.

Was that the game Harley Bennell went berserk and kicked 6?

2014 was a weird season - we'd dominate or at least be up in the first half only to stop dead in second halves time and time again.
It was 2018. The year Ablett returned to Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back