Preview Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - prob a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez you're annoying.
Henry doesn’t run more than 30m away from goal… we have Hawkins and Rohan leading out so he is not being utilised in my view… it’s a discussion isn’t it? Do I need to say Geelong is the greatest ever and we have won 17 premierships ??? It’s a discussion about Geelong’s football performance… isn’t allowed?

Its not like anyone is saying he hasn't got things to work in ..but as it stand Ollie is 3rd on our goal kicking. He is doing his role. Like Rohan , im not expecting Nick Dacios stats.

Id like to see him be less chest mark orientated. Not as fussed on tackling atm but pressure thru work rate etc I was thinking id like to see him working up the ground more, yet your heat map shows its obviously a planned role. For him to not exit the f50 ... seems unusually locked in. Hawkisn and Cameron probably go out more than that. Thats what they must want.

If the mc is happy with his role , its not sensible for those outside to just throw darts.

Looking at Henry's heat maps across the season, it does look like there's been a clear change in his role from the start the season, compared to when he came on as sub against Hawthorn:

Round 1 vs Collingwood:

1682685548501.png

Round 2 vs Carlton:

1682685678538.png

Round 3 vs GC - one thing to note with this game, Rohan came on as sub in the 3rd quarter after SDK was concussed. For the remainder of the 3rd quarter, Rohan played in defence covering the absence of SDK. But at the start of the last quarter, it was Henry who moved to defence with Rohan then moving forward:

1682685771204.png

Round 4 vs Hawthorn, where he came on as sub to start the 3rd quarter:

1682686032143.png

There does appear to be a change in how he's been used since coming on in that clash with Hawthorn, but considering that other than going goalless against GC he's kicked 2 goals in each of his other 5 games, why wouldn't we want him spending a bit more time closer to goal

I’m a bit confused - wasn’t parfitt an emergency yesterday rather than Dempsey?
A change was made last night

UPDATED: 9.30pm Thursday, 27 April
Please note, Brandan Parfitt (administrative error) has withdrawn from the Geelong Cats AFL squad for Sunday's Round Seven match against Essendon to be played at the MCG. Ollie Dempsey comes into the squad.

A change was made last night

UPDATED: 9.30pm Thursday, 27 April
Please note, Brandan Parfitt (administrative error) has withdrawn from the Geelong Cats AFL squad for Sunday's Round Seven match against Essendon to be played at the MCG. Ollie Dempsey comes into the squad.
So did he withdraw or was it administration error?!

I’m going to guess that both his accidental naming and the grammar in that message were both administration errors.

Although I still think we could/should win, Cam Guthrie’s absence is concerning. Our midfield this year is still somewhat of a work in progress and lacks depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I still think we could/should win, Cam Guthrie’s absence is concerning. Our midfield this year is still somewhat of a work in progress and lacks depth.

He hasn't really been firing though. Get him some rehab and give a kid a game

Kolo Jazz Knee seems to be playing well even if it's just been in easy games so far. How does he rate against J Henry, Sava and De Koning when they are all fit?

Agree- CGuthrie and Stengle were in our top B & F last year, very key players for us, and Stanley and Henry are also very missed. Yes, their form has not been 22 level, but CG was getting there.
Sav 23 is a bonus. Hoping Simpson continues to shine.
Replacing Selwood is still challenging as well.
I think we could win, but not should, and unlike the last 3 weeks, would not pick us if asked for a tip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game day is open

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back