Preview Geelong V Essendon Sun Apr 30 1:10pm MCG - prob a country game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fort initiated the trade because we never played him, choosing Esava ahead of him or anyone else. You dismiss him yet say he had a good run last year with the eventual Prelim finalists. We know better than Brisbane? Our ruck policy and recruitment has been terrible for a decade, probably because Scott undervalues the position.
It's not Scotty's fault that Darcy Fort was given ample opportunity to break into the team but could never manage it. I might add that we very much do know better than Brisbane; we are the premiers.

I live in Brisbane. I like Darcy Fort. I watch him play in person more than most. When Brisbane need him, he comes into their team, takes on the ruck duties, kicks a few goals, does his job with grace. But we ask more from our C-List players than Brisbane does, so Fort not being able to earn his way into our A-Team meant he had to go.

Scotty doesn't undervalue the ruck position. He wants a ruck who is also an elite back. Or a ruck who is also an elite mid. If the ruck part isn't as good as the defence part or as good as the midfield part then it is a concession Scott is willing to make. Given our development of multifaceted players like Blitz and even Hawkins and his ability to monster oppo players in the ruck, I can see why Scott likes what he likes. We expect a lot from our players. I respect it.

As for this game, I don't rate Ceglar at all. I hope his wife has a baby every week he is named to play, although I am sure she is happy that is not biologically possibly because ouch! (In all seriousness congrats to the Ceglar fam on bubs.)

If I never see Ceglar in the hoops again I would be more than okay with that.

Can’t believe there’s Darcy Fort stan’s out there, bemoaning is letting him go! The guy wasn’t good enough and he still wouldn’t get a game with us, Celglar is a way better option. He’ll never set the world on fire but he’s a decent enough back up.
Fort May have played finals for Brisbane last year, but I believe that we beat them by 80points in the Prelim… hmm join the dots on that one!

Staying on track, we should win this and win it comfortably, Essendon are up and coming but we are a better and have found our mojo again.
Cats by 40pts with a win that won’t count for David King because something something stats

Scotty doesn't undervalue the ruck position. He wants a ruck who is also an elite back. Or a ruck who is also an elite mid. If the ruck part isn't as good as the defence part or as good as the midfield part then it is a concession Scott is willing to make. Given our development of multifaceted players like Blitz and even Hawkins and his ability to monster oppo players in the ruck, I can see why Scott likes what he likes. We expect a lot from our players. I respect it.
Nail on the head. Excellent paragraph and explanation.

It's not Scotty's fault that Darcy Fort was given ample opportunity to break into the team but could never manage it. I might add that we very much do know better than Brisbane; we are the premiers.

I live in Brisbane. I like Darcy Fort. I watch him play in person more than most. When Brisbane need him, he comes into their team, takes on the ruck duties, kicks a few goals, does his job with grace. But we ask more from our C-List players than Brisbane does, so Fort not being able to earn his way into our A-Team meant he had to go.

As for this game, I don't rate Ceglar at all. I hope his wife has a baby every week he is named to play, although I am sure she is happy that is not biologically possibly because ouch! (In all seriousness congrats to the Ceglar fam on bubs.)

POTY 👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Henry sighting! 😻

So you consider Fort is better than his replacement, Ceglar, which was my point.

With respect I don't see it that way - Fort was never given a decent run of games to prove himself with us.
IIRC he was a pinch hitter who was decent when played and did manage to kick a goal or two going forward - much like he has shown at Brisbane when given the chance.
I'd still prefer Fort as a back up over Ceglar - only just though.

Not positive enough about Ceggars! I mean he replaces Stanley! He is not replacing Gawn or Grundy… ! Stanley plays one good game in 12 so why wouldn’t Ceggars do the business compared with that?

The pessimist in me assumes that Jack was merely sighted, Stengle was running laps and Ollie was the one who was looking unhindered.
Ollie unhindered??? Can you tell him to run out more than 30m from goal??? He is a VFL player ATM yet brotherhood gets him a game!

Ollie unhindered??? Can you tell him to run out more than 30m from goal??? He is a VFL player ATM yet brotherhood gets him a game!

Do you actually have anything positive to contribute or are you just looking to play the antagonist in every thread that you post...

It's tiring & boring - try to bring balance to your posts because at the moment there's not much difference between these efforts & that of opposition trolls who end up with infractions & board bans...

If Ceglar plays it’s another big chance for him, Phillips and Draper are in good touch. I’d be hoping Ceglar can go with Phillips and Blicavs with Draper.

Hope that Bruhn plays not sure he can do much more at vfl level but hasn’t played for a couple of weeks. The midfield has picked up their game and I think he will only enhance why they’re doing. Once he gets some confidence he’ll be an important player.

Do you actually have anything positive to contribute or are you just looking to play the antagonist in every thread that you post...

It's tiring & boring - try to bring balance to your posts because at the moment there's not much difference between these efforts & that of opposition trolls who end up with infractions & board bans...
I noticed a few of Old Mate's posts have ended up being highlighted on other team boards, so you do have to wonder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back