Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? He was very good as sub in the QF, brilliant in the GF and one of our best in round 1. Can we give him more than 1 game where he was far from our worst before throwing him to the wolves again?

He was good in the GF but he has been very poor the last 2 weeks. In our bottom 6 last week. Admittedly we have had a lot of players playing poorly.

Stanley is a big out - and re Ceglar ( who ive never seen play for Geel) - last year when he was in the 2nds - you watched him in a game - and said he was not good enough - or not fit enough - or both - and hes now our No 1 ruck Sunday - in a must win game.
Says it all about Ceglar that even his best days in the AFL system would have seen him described as a 'journeyman ruck'. And he's a couple of years past even earning that description now for mine.

I accept that his presence/absence probably won't be the deciding factor in the outcome of this game. But that doesn't mean he's not a serious downgrade on having a fit and firing Stanley out there.

Last edited:
All the afl emergencies are automatically named in the vfl squad by default. No way does rohan in particular play vfl.
I see absolutely no reason why Rohan or Stanley would be playing VFL. They're either good to go for the duration in the seniors or you're just better off giving them the week off from football if you're actually 'managing' them. It's not like either of them is on the way back from a long injury lay-off and thus needs to be eased back into it.

As it is, this just looks like further evidence of the 'too clever by half' Cats at the selection table for mine. I bet the Suns are just beside themselves trying to work out who's going to actually run out there for us on Sunday.

:rolleyes:

I see absolutely no reason why Rohan or Stanley would be playing VFL. They're either good to go for the duration in the seniors or you're just better off giving them the week off from football if you're actually 'managing' them. It's not like either of them is on the way back from a long injury lay-off and thus needs to be eased back into it.

As it is, this just looks like further evidence of the 'too clever by half' Cats at the selection table for mine. I bet the Suns are just beside themselves trying to work out who's going to actually run out there for us on Sunday.

:rolleyes:
Oh opposition supporters get even more riled up by it than you. So I've no doubt the same applies to coaches.

Oh opposition supporters get even more riled up by it than you. So I've no doubt the same applies to coaches.
Not riled up at all. I'm just disappointed that the club thinks carrying on with these interminable ducks and drakes about team selection actually makes any positive difference to the probable outcome of football matches.

Not riled up at all. I'm just disappointed that the club thinks carrying on with these interminable ducks and drakes about team selection actually makes any positive difference to the probable outcome of football matches.
Of course it doesn't. But given they have to write something , and that they genuinely may not have all the facts available and ready on a Thursday avo for a Sunday game, why not put it all out there as they do. Gives us plenty to crap on about here.

It's fine to be riled about stuff. Of all the things that bother you football related, this would be near top of the list. I hate how overpriced food is at the footy (as an example of mine).

If Rohan is managed/dropped/at bible camp for a game and I can't put my finger on the pulse as to every detail of that arrangement, I don't lose any sleep. Now if I thought they were harming our boys or putting them under emotional distress that'd be a different story. Hopefully Stanley and Rohan enjoy their rest/rehab or playstation time.

Of course it doesn't. But given they have to write something , and that they genuinely may not have all the facts available and ready on a Thursday avo for a Sunday game, why not put it all out there as they do. Gives us plenty to crap on about here.
I accept that Rohan could still play as the sub on the weekend. So naming him does make some sense in that regard. But I cannot believe that Rhys is going to be seriously considered as the sub or to play in the VFL. So his 'selection' just appears to be nonsense and a waste of a spot that could have been given to another player, who could have been either in the mix to actually play or at least given the experience to prepare them for potentially playing in the seniors down the track.

Which makes it an opportunity wasted in my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fine to be riled about stuff. Of all the things that bother you football related, this would be near top of the list.
What an utterly bizarre (and incredibly incorrect) statement you have made here. I can only surmise that it is an attempt at humour on your behalf.

Because finding this selection strategy extremely facile and silly (as I do) certainly doesn't qualify it as something that bothers me at all. As I tried to explain earlier, I'm laughing at the club in terms of how they handle these matters, rather than livid with their approach.

If Rohan is managed/dropped/at bible camp for a game and I can't put my finger on the pulse as to every detail of that arrangement, I don't lose any sleep.
And neither do I, despite your intimations to the contrary.

I'm not at all interested in knowing the intimate details of why players are selected or not selected. Just steering clear of what are obviously deliberate and entirely vain attempts to obfuscate and thereby supposedly bamboozle the opposition would be more than enough for me.

What an utterly bizarre (and incredibly incorrect) statement you have made here. I can only surmise that it is an attempt at humour on your behalf.

Because finding this selection strategy extremely facile and silly (as I do) certainly doesn't qualify it as something that bothers me at all. As I tried to explain earlier, I'm laughing at the club in terms of how they handle these matters, rather than livid with their approach.

And neither do I, despite your intimations to the contrary.

I'm not at all interested in knowing the intimate details of why players are selected or not selected. Just steering clear of what are obviously deliberate and entirely vain attempts to obfuscate and thereby supposedly bamboozle the opposition would be more than enough for me.
No you're absolutely right, it doesn't bother you at all. Thank goodness you didn't get worked up at the mere suggestion that this was an issue for you.

At this point the more obscure the press releases the better for me, just to see your reaction (sorry, not a reaction! Having a jolly old laugh at how fun the situation is). If Stanley was marked as having a dentist appointment but then played 3 minutes in the VFL I think you'd lose your mind.

I accept that Rohan could still play as the sub on the weekend. So naming him does make some sense in that regard. But I cannot believe that Rhys is going to be seriously considered as the sub or to play in the VFL. So his 'selection' just appears to be nonsense and a waste of a spot that could have been given to another player, who could have been either in the mix to actually play or at least given the experience to prepare them for potentially playing in the seniors down the track.

Maybe. But would not be shocked to see Rhys in early game. He trained thursday. I think they have chosen ceglar over him. “Managed’ as we have seen means little…so toss of a coin for me as to whether he is rested or plays in vfl

there simply is nobody else for Stanley, and our longer break may do well for him- give him every chance...that may be the thinking

So you'd like the club to be as forthright with team selection as Scott declared themselves to be with injuries?

Uh huh. Go on.

So with the VFL match being played prior to the AFL match would that mean if Kolo plays in the VFL that Stewart is more likely to play AFL?

I don’t expect to see Rohan or Stanley in the 2’s at all.

Rohan a sneaky chance to be sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back