Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can manage a player by managing their minutes - saying managed doesn’t just mean that the player sits out a week

Plus, naming them as managed now allows for them to be on the emergency list & potentially used as the sub

We may well see Rohan as the sub this week - it could simply be a case that if he’s required to play 4 quarters then he’s capale of doing so, if he gets half a matches rest then also good. It also means that someone like Whyte can then get a full match in the VFL if he’s not coming into the senior 22, because repeated weeks as the sub isn’t really helpful for younger guys or those pushing their case for a full spot in the team

Good to see Tom back.
I hear he trained without issues, so kudos to him and the medical staff for handling it well.
Hoping for some exciting footy this Sunday.
Also think Ratagalouie will benefit from the occasional chop-out, poor bugger.

You can manage a player by managing their minutes - saying managed doesn’t just mean that the player sits out a week

Plus, naming them as managed now allows for them to be on the emergency list & potentially used as the sub

We may well see Rohan as the sub this week - it could simply be a case that if he’s required to play 4 quarters then he’s capale of doing so, if he gets half a matches rest then also good. It also means that someone like Whyte can then get a full match in the VFL if he’s not coming into the senior 22, because repeated weeks as the sub isn’t really helpful for younger guys or those pushing their case for a full spot in the team
I take your point about Rohan. But I think it's frankly ridiculous to employ this strategy with Rhys for this week.

He's either OK to play seniors or he's not. I don't see any value in him playing limited minutes in the VFL, as it would be far better to just give him additional rest if the ribs are still an issue. It's hardly 'sheep stations' at Round 2 for the Bankers. Makes zero sense for him to be the senior sub as well, so I just can't see how including him amongst the emergencies is of any value at all.

Unless they're concerned that Ceglar just won't be able to run out (yes, I'm using the term in its broadest sense) the game, and want to have the insurance of Rhys coming off the pine to relieve him. Which only goes to underline how vulnerable we are in the ruck if Rhys goes down for a decent spell.

Although I would feel a little more at ease if we left Stewart out for one more week I think it really speaks to his professionalism. Reminds me of Selwood going down with the syndesmosis injury pre finals, having surgery and doing everything he could to get back in a ridiculously short period of time.

I take your point about Rohan. But I think it's frankly ridiculous to employ this strategy with Rhys for this week.

He's either OK to play seniors or he's not. I don't see any value in him playing limited minutes in the VFL, as it would be far better to just give him additional rest if the ribs are still an issue. It's hardly 'sheep stations' at Round 2 for the Bankers. Makes zero sense for him to be the senior sub as well, so I just can't see how including him amongst the emergencies is of any value at all.

Unless they're concerned that Ceglar just won't be able to run out (yes, I'm using the term in its broadest sense) the game, and want to have the insurance of Rhys coming off the pine to relieve him. Which only goes to underline how vulnerable we are in the ruck if Rhys goes down for a decent spell.
To be fair, Rhys has had an ordinary start to the year.

I don't mind it, it sends a message not to get complacent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That bench smells late changes.
I think kolo will play and stewart wont.
Rohan the sub.
I can understand why we have gone ceglar this week if stanley is poor.
Moc is lucky if he makes the 23 as his form has been up and down.

Still seething about TDK's abysmal and deliberate attempt to injure Rhys last week. Not only did he totally get away with it due to the pathetic inaction of the AFL, we've now got our #1 ruck missing games as a result. Leaving us short in a critical role in a vital game against a quality opponent in Witts.

Atrocious.

I agree - and i am starting to get the shakes about this up coming game

Stanley is a big out - and re Ceglar ( who ive never seen play for Geel) - last year when he was in the 2nds - you watched him in a game - and said he was not good enough - or not fit enough - or both - and hes now our No 1 ruck Sunday - in a must win game

And even when we recruited him- a few Hawk supporters came on our board - and said - theres a good Cegs and a bad Cegs - as in - hes very inconsistent

Stanley is a big out - and re Ceglar ( who ive never seen play for Geel) - last year when he was in the 2nds - you watched him in a game - and said he was not good enough - or not fit enough - or both - and hes now our No 1 ruck Sunday - in a must win game

And even when we recruited him- a few Hawk supporters came on our board - and said - theres a good Cegs and a bad Cegs - as in - hes very inconsistent
Not only last year, last week. He was poor and then missing.

I’m ok with Ceglar playing for Stanley... especially v a huge ruckman in Witts.

I wouldnt want him playing against more mobile rucks but witts cant run him off his feet.
Can always sub ceglar off at 3/4 for another runner.

Ceglar was very good when he played afl for us vs the dogs and the eagles last year. Either way ceglar vs stanley wont lose us the game.

I still don't recall why we let Fort go for Ceglar

Fort wanted to go to qld for family reasons (his dad lives up there) we agreed to let him go on the condition we got another mature ruck in, ceglar was that. They are both D grade journeyman type rucks we didnt win or lose on that swap it was a draw

Guys the dick measuring is boring. play the post not the man. Chinacats can be depressingly negative, but he calls it how he sees it.

When someone says 5% of teams make the top 4 after being 0-2. I think we could be the 5% why not.
A lot of ‘early season bolters‘ in the top 8 at present. We should let the wine breathe for a few more weeks before chucking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back