Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parf not even on an extended bench of 8 with so many missing already... He is really on the outs atm.

I know we're missing a couple of guys that can run through the midfield, but at this stage we're not really short on options for his preferred position - he'll need to step up & press his case with really strong VFL form, while someone like a Bruhn dropping off for a spot to open up

I didn't watch last week's VFL match but I'm guessing he played mostly through the guts - wonder if he could look at potentially playing as a pressure forward in a similar role to what we've seen from Close in recent seasons

I know that Close isn't a high disposal winner or goal kicker, but Bradley's had a pretty quiet start to the season averaging 9 disposals, 2.5 tackles & yet to register a goal assist across the opening two games - you can see effort & work rate he's putting in, but it's not quite coming off at this stage. If someone like Parfitt could show himself an option in a similar role, it could give the coaches a choice & also put some pressure on those in the seniors to be playing at a level to keep their spot

It pissses me off the constant direct or indirect bagging of Rhys as a ruckman - and a premiership ruckman for Geelong

Ticks off alot of boxes- i like athletic players - and he did win a GF Sprint - good overhead mark - long penetrating kick - i like him - and i think he has been good value for the Cats - and because Geel need a win - i hope he is playing against the Gold Coast this week

Alot of posters are keen on 4th rate hacks - like Darcy and plenty of others - oh lets recruit this bloke to Geel - and by the way - what happened to Tom Hickey in last years GF - he got annihilated

I enjoy your spirit and loyalty to big Rhys... The reality is he is average at best though.

He did help get the job done last year and I thank him for that.

I actually remember Darcy coming down to Geelong and debuting as an 18/19 year old #1 ruck and ripping Stanley apart and I was just shocked a kid could do that to a grow man and mature ruck in Stanley.

Darcy is much better... and it's really hardly even close... But Stanley is on our list and he's the best option we have atm.

Depends how extended that bench is…already going to name Stewart who won’t play. Kolo they want to play (so will name him) but worried about match fitness (if we were 2-0 he would come back via vfl I reckon). If they name another one who won’t play (not saying you are wrong) then not many true emergencies left!

Yeah that bench does scream late changes to me.
My guess is it will be kolo in for moc/whyte (one of those two will be sub and the other left out)
Stewart wont play.
Ceglar late in for stanley.

Rest of the bench retain their spots.

Looking at our extended bench I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bruhn dropped.
Certainly a chance... I'm not sure MOC will miss because we just have looked unable to cover the ground of late and MOC is a very very solid runner (might even run with Touk Miller the way he does with Neale sometimes).

A bit will depend on what happens with Stewart/Kolo I think.

Bruhn and Atkins could be the two mids on the bench though... I don't see Bruhn as a sub type so maybe it's he is starting or he's out.

Darcy is much better... and it's really hardly even close... But Stanley is on our list and he's the best option we have atm.
That is 1000% incorrect

Simple question - did you watch last Saturday - Darcy v Goldstein - your man Darcy got slaughtered

And as Farmer To Goggin correctly observed - Darcy looks heavy - that is a nice way of saying - that he is badly overweight - which he his - but you want him at Geelong

All i can say - is there is hope for Taylor Bruhn yet - because you are hopelessly wrong in your assessment of Darcy

Shannon Neale seemed to okay a lot more ruck on the weekend.
After Stanley had already been injured, something in that I reckon

Blitz to ruck with Neale second ruck
I was all in all for Neale to play. But I do think he needs 3/4 weeks in the VFL as he has had a interrupted pre season... get him warmed up and match fitness, than unleash him for a min 3 or 4 games straight in the AFL

Simple question - did you watch last Saturday - Darcy v Goldstein - your man Darcy got slaughtered

And as Farmer To Goggin correctly observed - Darcy looks heavy - that is a nice way of saying - that he is badly overweight - which he his - but you want him at Geelong

All i can say - is there is hope for Taylor Bruhn yet - because you are hopelessly wrong in your assessment of Darcy
You're being silly judging Darcy on one game.

I won't deny Darcy looks like he could get fitter and wasn't great last week... Stanley isn't great any week.

But if you are seriously saying Stanley>Darcy... You might be a tad one-eyed.

Anyway, I hope Stanley plays and plays well... But from memory, he really can't get up high enough to stop Witts from getting a lot of taps to advantage.

That is 1000% incorrect

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 8.25.40 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we hear similar whispers.

I am still not sure though about Kolo va O’Conner. Wouldn’t be shocked if Kolo did a half in vfl.
I'm thinking one of Kolodjashnij and Stewart will play.

We only had one other multiple goal scorer besides Cameron last week, no way does he start him as sub.
Henry will start.
That's true but I'm not sure a forward line of Cameron, Hawkins, Rohan and Henry are gelling. It's affected our structure imo.

I'll believe stewy is playing when I see it. Cameron, even if the baby comes tomorrow we might be out of time. Stanley's ribs.... jeez

Nervous.

Could line up

Bews SDK Tuohy
Smith Sav Zuth
Blitz Bowes Holmes
Stengle Henry Close
Miers Hawkins Rohan
Ceglar Guthrie Danger

Kolo MOC Bruhn Atkins

One silver lining is that Kolo back probably means Tuohy can get back on a wing a bit more

Sounds like we hear similar whispers.

I am still not sure though about Kolo va O’Conner. Wouldn’t be shocked if Kolo did a half in vfl.

We need kolo for gcs talls more than we need moc i think. Thats the way they will go this week

I'll believe stewy is playing when I see it. Cameron, even if the baby comes tomorrow we might be out of time. Stanley's ribs.... jeez

Nervous.

Could line up

Bews SDK Tuohy
Smith Sav Zuth
Blitz Bowes Holmes
Stengle Henry Close
Miers Hawkins Rohan
Ceglar Guthrie Danger

Kolo MOC Bruhn Atkins

One silver lining is that Kolo back probably means Tuohy can get back on a wing a bit more

Cameron will play.

Stanley would be a big loss.
However ceglar is a good tap ruck his weakness is his running power but witts is the one ruck in the comp who cant expose him for running power around the ground. He should be ok.

Cameron will play.

Stanley would be a big loss.
However ceglar is a good tap ruck his weakness is his running power but witts is the one ruck in the comp who cant expose him for running power around the ground. He should be ok.
If his partner isn't going into labour tomorrow then surely he ain't flying out of the state.

3 or 4 could very easily lead to a qf in qld. Not ideal. I know anytime anywhere etc, but lions are actually a very different prospect at the gabba so getting them to come to Victoria is half way to winning before the ball is even bounced.
Theres no way lions make top 2 on this form.

That game last night between the Bulldogs and Brisbane was terrible to watch, such a low standard. It must have set a record for short kicks and also bombing it down the line. It was like watching kick to kick. Apart from Ugle-Hagen the kicking for goal was woeful. The Dogs won't win many matches playing like that.

Ceglar is a better ruckmsn, Stanley a bit better around the ground. Ceglar more than adequate. I doubt Stewart or Kolo will play. I am looking forward to Ollie Dempsey breaking into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back