Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Connor was one of our best in the first half v the Pies.

Rohan isn't getting a kick - 7 disposals last time! Seven. Why this very gifted player finds it so hard to get a kick is a mystery. Of course we'll always know that he effectively won us the flag with his extraordinary sausages in the QF.

Parfitt needs to work on his game, while Bruhn deserves to have a decent crack.

All that aside, established players including the skipper need to lift their game in order to secure a win tomorrow.

Rohan isn't getting a kick - 7 disposals last time! Seven. Why this very gifted player finds it so hard to get a kick is a mystery. Of course we'll always know that he effectively won us the flag with his extraordinary sausages in the QF.

All that aside, established players including the skipper need to lift their game in order to secure a win tomorrow.

One of the frustrations for Rohan across the first two rounds is that they're using him as a reverse Jack Henry

When SDK has gone off in games, Rohan has then shifted to the backline to add some height - he hasn't really been given a chance to settle in either our first two games as he's been plugging holes a bit

As our preferred defenders - Stewart, Kolodjashnij & in time J. Henry return, I'd be interested to see how a forward line of Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan & O. Henry functions or whom of the latter two is preferred if they decide all 4 don't gel

I understand the frustration with Rohan but disposal numbers is one of the most flawed ways to determine if a player is playing well.

Hard to know what we'll get from this game lol. A part of me is thinking "Yeah, we'll show up and finally get the ball rolling in a good performance", another part says that this game will be a 50/50 slog, and whoever wins it might just come down to luck.

I accept that Rohan could still play as the sub on the weekend. So naming him does make some sense in that regard. But I cannot believe that Rhys is going to be seriously considered as the sub or to play in the VFL. So his 'selection' just appears to be nonsense and a waste of a spot that could have been given to another player, who could have been either in the mix to actually play or at least given the experience to prepare them for potentially playing in the seniors down the track.

Which makes it an opportunity wasted in my view.

I think its pretty simple. Rhys isnt 100 % and ideally they dont want to play him this week but hes being named in the 26 as a contingency so that if anything happens to ceglar they can bring him in without paying the 20k fine. I doubt its more than that.

For anyone taking a cheap shot at Stanley (coming off a career best season), just reserve judgement until you get a look at what Ceglar dishes up.

He’s best football is a long way behind him, and I’m not sure there’s much of a sample size for what that best footy even was.

A big worry going in with him as #1 ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For anyone taking a cheap shot at Stanley (coming off a career best season), just reserve judgement until you get a look at what Ceglar dishes up.

He’s best football is a long way behind him, and I’m not sure there’s much of a sample size for what that best footy even was.

Witts is the #1 tap ruckman in the comp...

He has smashed Stanley in the past and Ceglar getting smoked by would just be par for the course.

I will say that Ceglar (in the past) has always looked a bigger/stronger ruck than Stanley... So maybe he will be able to negate Witts a little bit.

Frankly I'm having a hard time understanding how he's getting a game ahead of Parfitt, he's just walked through the door with, let's face it, a rather average CV, yet he's preferred over a player who finds more of the footy (quite a lot more actually) and who averages more tackles, inside fifties, clearances, goals and goal assists.

Frankly I'm having a hard time understanding how he's getting a game ahead of Parfitt, he's just walked through the door with, let's face it, a rather average CV, yet he's preferred over a player who finds more of the footy (quite a lot more actually) and who averages more tackles, inside fifties, clearances, goals and goal assists.

I'm Bruhn's biggest critic... but he did look in better touch than Parf in the preseason.

Sure peak Parf would be ahead of Bruhn atm, but Parf has been off the boil for a while now.

I really think it's just as simple as that.

I understand the frustration with Rohan but disposal numbers is one of the most flawed ways to determine if a player is playing well.
Agree. And the clubs don’t focus at all on it. But I think his impact has been down to, so a watch for me

Also I remain of the view that long term they won’t play both Henry and Rohan - don’t want two hybrid types…If they could merge them into one player that would be something to go back to back on! But I think they will make a choice at some stage…

I'm Bruhn's biggest critic... but he did look in better touch than Parf in the preseason.

Sure peak Parf would be ahead of Bruhn atm, but Parf has been off the boil for a while now.

Parfitt most recent games against Suns
28 disposals 2 goals
21 disposals 10 tackles

I’m happy he’s not playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably your best ever post. 100% spot on.

Not riled up at all. I'm just disappointed that the club thinks carrying on with these interminable ducks and drakes about team selection actually makes any positive difference to the probable outcome of football matches.
Watch Scotts presser for round 3. He is clear he is naming a squad because it is to far out from game day. If you don't name and then need to play them you get fined. Rhys probably could play if he had to. If Cegs is injured in the last training session it maybe he has too play. And we got no one else. Going Blics as solo would be mad as we don't have OHenry to play tall if SDK or AirSav goes down.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Because he has a higher ceiling. When its a line ball call like this I'm happy to go with the younger more talented option.

No you're absolutely right, it doesn't bother you at all. Thank goodness you didn't get worked up at the mere suggestion that this was an issue for you.

At this point the more obscure the press releases the better for me, just to see your reaction (sorry, not a reaction! Having a jolly old laugh at how fun the situation is). If Stanley was marked as having a dentist appointment but then played 3 minutes in the VFL I think you'd lose your mind.
Cool game, this. A poster posits some nonsense about you. You reasonably and sensibly point out that it's nonsense, and poster imagines a whole new world where you're beside yourself with rage about the issue. Can't wait for the next rejoinder...

Which will undoubtedly just be more of your 'Look how worked up you are!' shtick.

Summing it all up, then, I think it's simply best to note that losing minds is clearly a very subjective analysis for all of us here.

Maybe. But would not be shocked to see Rhys in early game. He trained thursday. I think they have chosen ceglar over him.
Different game, different stakes, of course.

But that would be shades of 2019 QF for mine. There is not even an alternative universe where Ceglar is a better current option in the ruck than Stanley.

Let alone the real world in which we actually exist.

Not so sure about that, had injury problems the latter part of the season, but his last three full games (rounds 21, 22 and 23) he averaged twenty seven disposals, four tackles and seven clearances, which is not bad for someone supposedly out of form.

there simply is nobody else for Stanley, and our longer break may do well for him- give him every chance...that may be the thinking
So name him in the actual team, then. Not as an emergency, with the intimation that you're 'managing' him. So silly and unnecessary.

So you'd like the club to be as forthright with team selection as Scott declared themselves to be with injuries?

Uh huh. Go on.
Gave up on that prospect long ago. So just had to laugh when the coach offered up the 'forthright' descriptor in recent times.

#thatssomeepictrollingrightthere

Hard to know what we'll get from this game lol. A part of me is thinking "Yeah, we'll show up and finally get the ball rolling in a good performance", another part says that this game will be a 50/50 slog, and whoever wins it might just come down to luck.
Would love to see option (a). Absolutely fear it will be a very severe case of option (b).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back