Preview Rd3 Geelong V Gold Coast Sun Apr 02 2:10pm Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its pretty simple. Rhys isnt 100 % and ideally they dont want to play him this week but hes being named in the 26 as a contingency so that if anything happens to ceglar they can bring him in without paying the 20k fine. I doubt its more than that.
Thanks, Pure. There is some logic behind all that. Don't see why you'd be risking your #1 ruck in a Round 3 game, though, when the prospect of him then missing multiple games if he's not right to go for this one is actually 'season over'.

Much prefer to take the 'L' here and have him available after another eight days for the Hawks game. We are going nowhere fast if Ceglar ends up becoming the long-term ruck for this year.

For anyone taking a cheap shot at Stanley (coming off a career best season), just reserve judgement until you get a look at what Ceglar dishes up.

He’s best football is a long way behind him, and I’m not sure there’s much of a sample size for what that best footy even was.

A big worry going in with him as #1 ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I dont really see anyone here taking cheap shots at stanley.

Based on what exactly?
I'd prefer to go with the player who will give us the best chance of winning, especially in what has become a must win match.

What makes you say Bruhn is more talented overall than Parf?
I dont know what to say- i thought it was kinda obvious. If you want something than look at comparable draft positions.

I dont know what to say- i thought it was kinda obvious. If you want something than look at comparable draft positions.
It's the usual type of response people give when clued on Bruhn... Basically, they give nothing.

If going off draft positions from years past is why you think he is more talented than Parf then fair enough.

Personally, I'd try to factor in other things.

I will say Bruhn was looking in better touch in the preseason... But I won't say he is more talented off that... Parf certainly looks in poor form atm.

Thanks, Pure. There is some logic behind all that. Don't see why you'd be risking your #1 ruck in a Round 3 game, though, when the prospect of him then missing multiple games if he's not right to go for this one is actually 'season over'.

Much prefer to take the 'L' here and have him available after another eight days for the Hawks game. We are going nowhere fast if Ceglar ends up becoming the long-term ruck for this year.

I agree on the bolded but thats a separate issye to rhys as emg. That bit i think you are overthinking.
With 4 emergencies generally most clubs will always make at least one a ruck or kpp (in case a tall gets injured in the warmup). Conway is injured, neale not match fit (one game back off injury), henry is injured and foster is a kid who isnt ready. We dont have any other talls to put on the emg list which would be why they decided to give stanley the week off but make him an emg just in case. I dont think it means much at all.

It's the usual type of response people give when clued on Bruhn... Basically, they give nothing.

If going off draft positions from years past is why you think he is more talented than Parf then fair enough.

I will say Bruhn was looking in better touch in the preseason... But I won't say he is more talented off that... Parf certainly looks in poor form atm.

Theres no point bringing parfitt in when hes horribly out of form its better for him and us that he finds form in the vfl first.

I have a feeling Parfitt will build into the season and will be absolutely critical to our midfield in the later rounds.
Bruhn has to take his chances in these early games to impress.

Would that make Cameron Raynor a better player then Paul Chapman or Cory Enright then, seeing that he was pick one and they were picks thirty one and forty seven.

I agree on the bolded but thats a separate issye to rhys as emg. That bit i think you are overthinking.
With 4 emergencies generally most clubs will always make at least one a ruck or kpp (in case a tall gets injured in the warmup). Conway is injured, neale not match fit (one game back off injury), henry is injured and foster is a kid who isnt ready. We dont have any other talls to put on the emg list which would be why they decided to give stanley the week off but make him an emg just in case. I dont think it means much at all.
Marginal call, perhaps. But I'd absolutely prefer Shannon to be the 'tall' emergency off one game in the twos (with Blitz as the stop-gap main ruck) than risking Stanley if he's not right.

He really is that important to our prospects.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conway would’ve played by now except for a concussion late last season, and then the hot spot they picked up in a scan on his foot just before the start of this season.

And they’d have picked him this week. Guaranteed.

Ceglar is merely “break glass in case of emergency”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I kinda feel like some of this is a little obvious considering the VFL team is playing a curtain raiser tomorrow - surely the emergencies not flying up would be a bigger surprise

Ceglar has done ok as a fill in 3 games, and that's all we need him for a backup........who will be the sub Kolo or Whyte?

Sub will depend on the final 22 me thinks

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Stewart as a late out with JK in, while Cameron is currently still in Vic - if he doesn't make it to Qld then I'm guessing Rohan comes in

If the latter happens then I also wouldn't be surprised to see that change tomorrow morning with someone else coming onto the emergency list

BUT if Cameron gets on a plane & is right to go, I'm guessing Rohan as sub

I feel that they won't want Whyte as the sub 2 weeks in a row and he'll play VFL instead

I won’t be happy until he’s gone at the end of the year.

Will you be happy when we replace him with a similar mature aged D grade backup ruck? 😂😂

Ceglar has done ok as a fill in 3 games, and that's all we need him for a backup........who will be the sub Kolo or Whyte?

If the 22 is as named then rohan is the sub surely.
As it is i think late changes i think kolo will be in for stewart.
If cameron doesnt fly up tonight (pending baby stuff) then rohan will come into the 22 and whyte to sub.

Cameron did have the baby midweek

I'm thinking Cameron's delayed trip is as much about enjoying his birthday at home with his family, before then heading north to meet up with the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back