Preview Round 4, 'The Harley Reid Cup'- Geelong vs Hawthorn, Monday 10 Apr @ 3:20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be our worst loss in 15 years if it were to happen.

We are playing the worst team in the league, in a game we need to win, coming off the back of 3 losses. Added bonus of worst team also winning one of their 3 wins for the year last week.

It won’t happen. I would put the line at 60 points.

A performance equal to our effort v Gold Coast would be enough to win. And I expect a response better than that.
Were not that bad if we come with the right attitude and mindset. We should have won by more last week if we had a few guys in the forward line to kick to. We belted them across the ground almost all game. Mitch Lewis changes the dynamic dramatically for us. He is irreplaceable in the current situation our build is at. We will be somewhat competitive if we bring the effort required regardless of how you guys play.

Correct-they shouldnt kick a winning score against us unless they get a LOT of goals from their mids.
Our small forwards have potential to be dangerous if we can get the ball to ground. Breust Moore and Wingard on paper is a good group. Brockman had a great game last week too. They will have very little impact of Stewart and Kolo and co control the airways however.

Changes from last year:

Geelong
Ins - Ratugolea, Z Guthrie, Bowes, Rohan, O Henry (sub)
Outs - Dahlhaus, De Koning, J Henry, Parfitt, Selwood

Hawks
Ins - Brockman, Meek, Greene, Amon, Day, Maginess, McKenzie, Wingard (sub)
Outs - Gunston, Lewis, Mitchell, O'Meara, Phillips, Shiels, Grainger-Barras, Koschitske

Lots of maturity out of Hawthorn's team. Five 100+ gamers out and only Amon and Wingard as sub in.

Our small forwards have potential to be dangerous if we can get the ball to ground. Breust Moore and Wingard on paper is a good group. Brockman had a great game last week too. They will have very little impact of Stewart and Kolo and co control the airways however.

Wingard is the sub. The other 2 are very good but you dont have the quality of tall forwards to create front and centres for them. We do have 2 very good interceptors (henry and sdk) out but even so we should be keeping you to 12 goals or less and if we do that we will win this

Wingard is the sub. The other 2 are very good but you dont have the quality of tall forwards to create front and centres for them. We do have 2 very good interceptors (henry and sdk) out but even so we should be keeping you to 12 goals or less and if we do that we will win this
I agree, Greene will be a handy foil once we get proper structure up there but he will be up against it trying to do his best to create ground balls and spillages. Meek has a big role to play too but isn't quite up to the level we need him to be ATM. We need to control the midfield to be any chance and I'm not sure that will happen tomorrow.

Changes from last year:

Geelong
Ins - Ratugolea, Z Guthrie, Bowes, Rohan, O Henry (sub)
Outs - Dahlhaus, De Koning, J Henry, Parfitt, Selwood

Hawks
Ins - Brockman, Meek, Greene, Amon, Day, Maginess, McKenzie, Wingard (sub)
Outs - Gunston, Lewis, Mitchell, O'Meara, Phillips, Shiels, Grainger-Barras, Koschitske

Lots of maturity out of Hawthorn's team. Five 100+ gamers out and only Amon and Wingard as sub in.
Only blokes we are missing right now from 2022 based on what I've seen so far this year is Lewis and Mitchell. O'Meara has done bugger all so far and Gunston been ok without starring. Greene is doing an admirable job as his replacement ATM. We don't need Koschitzke as the liability he is now. There's a reason he isn't playing despite our lack of decent options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back