Preview Geelong V Richmond at MCG Sun Jul 25 @ 320 pm - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I entirely agree with Hutchy. What a trollop. Her opinions are almost as experimental as her wardrobe department.

Why in the hell can't people wrap their heads around the simple logic of this whole situation?
Chris Scott wants his team to play all of their home games at their home ground.

Yes, we know we have to play finals at the MCG. Yes, we know the crowds aren't as big in Geelong.

WE WANT TO WIN OUR HOME GAMES AND OUR COACH IS CORRECT TO WANT THEM PLAYED THERE.

Every opinion of hers is a non-sequitor. We're one of the only bloody teams that don't get a fair deal with home games.
How is this so hard for almost everybody to understand? It's actually mindblowing.

The whole "you're in the top 4, this shouldn't matter" bullshit just does my head in. If she had a gripe about sexism in the workplace towards women, would it be appropriate to say "you're more privileged than most women, this shouldn't matter". It really is amazing how some people can't put the shoe on the other foot and see how unjust the status quo is.
Forget about winning. It's footy, for the members and players. Everyone else can gagf as far as I am concerned - I'm a member who hasn't been to a game in almost five years, and that one was in Sydney. I pay my membership, I want my *ucken home games at *ucken home.

For once I entirely agree with Hutchy. What a trollop. Her opinions are almost as experimental as her wardrobe department.

Why in the hell can't people wrap their heads around the simple logic of this whole situation?
Chris Scott wants his team to play all of their home games at their home ground.

Yes, we know we have to play finals at the MCG. Yes, we know the crowds aren't as big in Geelong.

WE WANT TO WIN OUR HOME GAMES AND OUR COACH IS CORRECT TO WANT THEM PLAYED THERE.

I had to wince a bit in pain on the use of that word to describe CW.

She should really just stick to actual admin scandals and the like. Aside from AFL House feeding her this line for propagation, one might suspect there aren't many stories out there ATM and she has airtime to fill.

9 cups. A bit thin for a foundation club. We need to get it done this year!
You do know we actually founded the premier competition before the VFL? We have 16 flags. As a supporter, you should know that. Don't buy into the bullshit from those underachieving Melbourne flogs. We BUILT this game from the GROUND UP. We were there at the very beginning and we will be there at the very end.

It's bad enough that those flogs try to diminish the club's achievements, after we dragged their arses into the VFL and AFL, you don't need to help them.

We ARE not only a foundation club of the competition, we have shaped both the gameplay and the opposition. Be proud of that. Never question it.

fu** I hope we smash them at the MCG to see Caro salty face and to see her dismiss her own comments or try to inject with some other bullshit
We've already done that this year.

Herald Sun and Age need a cleanout to get rid of Robinson and Wilson - surely there are better options than those two fossils?
Both are joke journalists now and totally unwatchable on their TV shows:rolleyes:
There is none in the media who can be proud of their profession these days. The rot is from the root to tip.

More games at the MCG the better as far as I'm concerned. I would however have loved to host a 100% crowd capacity game against Richmond at GMHBA just to p155 off their entitled supporters and the ridiculously transparent Caroline Wilson just for the lolz at their salty melts.
Yeah, why don't we just relocate to the G? If more is better, all is best. Call us the South Melbourne Cats.

Seriously, if we don't know how to play the MCG (it hasn't changed much in a hundred odd years), an extra game or two isn't going to help us, we might be idiots.

Word going around that Jezza could come back for this game, although likely to be cautious (I hope they do!) and make it next week, or maybe week after.
I wouldn't be surprised. He is a 28 yo marquee player. He knows what a hammy is, and he didn't look stressed when he went off with it. I thought it was a minor tweak at the time based on his reactions and the club putting him on the field. They aren't stupid despite the beat up from the media at the time.

AirSav on SEN just now said his main issue is how to conserve energy for each position he plays. When he is rucking and finished his rucking stint, he doesn't want to go to the F50 and be tired and vice versa. Seems he has tank issues ?
Also nominated Tommy Hawkins ahead of Gary Rohan to kick the winning goal on the siren in a GF.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is none in the media who can be proud of their profession these days. The rot is from the root to tip.

Tend to agree - it's an underwhelming lineup at the moment - it's The Couch , occasional pearls from Montagna/King and a laugh from grumpy old Maclure then daylight for me I'm afraid..... :eek:

Caro hasn't had her finger on the pulse of footy since her last heart beat about fifteen years ago. I'm surprised you bothered to read her crap.

The one thing she knows is that Richmond sink into oblivion without their fixed draw from AFL and Gil. Everything she writes is from the prism of that panic.

Had the misfortune of stumbling upon it on Twitter. Don't go out of my way to listen to her prattling on!

So what sensationalism awaits Channel nine news viewers tonight, teasing with "the AFL is fighting for it's life"

Could it be the reduced salary cap?
SA players on again off again flights tonight?
Players isolated due to Covid site exposure?
Gil's self imposed wage reduction? (haha joking)

T Morris beat you to it news hounds.

Tha
Had the misfortune of stumbling upon it on Twitter. Don't go out of my way to listen to her prattling on!

Sadly, despite viewers wanting to support women in sport, Caro has reached further and further into her bag of BS to remain relevant.
She pretends to have AFL guru's on speed dial, yet her outlandish opinions are rarely proven and inflammatory for the sake of it -
as such she's a gutter journalist.

Yeah, like we'll do what you'd want us to do Caro,... just retire to Queensland and do Victorians a favour and give some younger person a go fgs.

David King’s seedings on SEN. He pegged us at No.1 for one week before the Brisbane game then got off. Had us at No.4 last week with a ???. Now this. We are also favourites with the bookies for the flag. I’d say it’s flag or flop time!
1. Geelong

“They’re lacking nowhere.

“There isn’t a component of their game where they don’t dominate the opposition.

“Everyone tells me they’re vulnerable down back – the ball doesn’t get there.

“They’re awesome.”
If he takes every position simultaneously then he's never wrong.

There is no outcome he can't say he called

Word going around that Jezza could come back for this game, although likely to be cautious (I hope they do!) and make it next week, or maybe week after.

Worst thing we could do is rush his return given the recurrent nature of his hamstring problems. Very optimistic to think he could come back this week, and I'm not sure they'll risk him against North either. More likely to see him back against GWS.

In terms of building form before the finals, I don't think this is a huge issue considering he's typically been able to hit the ground running in the past after returning from injury. The club will probably take a conservative approach once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back