Game Day Geelong V North Sun Jul 9 110pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like the teams effort today.

This will be simple and short.

Get it done. 4 points and no backwards step.

Be first, be hard at it and take every chance provided.

I know % is less a factor but make it count.

Dont lose control of our destiny today.

GO Catters

ps - Reg 264 over Stynes is amaxing.

GO Green

Last edited:
You just can't be losing games like these. No team who's a chance in hell of winning a flag loses to North Melbourne at a stage like this.
Really hoping Thuoy has a good one and gets the spotlight on him, as he deserves. Take it away from them early with a few quarters of hard, bruising footy and this one should be in the bag. (But I still couldn't say no to putting ten on the Kangas with those juicy 10-1 odds)

Last edited:

This is a winter footy day. Wow it is cold and wet.

Won’t suit flashy footy but hopefully some of our bulls take over and push it forward

There's no way that their midfield unit of Xerri, LDU, Simpkin, Wardlaw and Greenwood is better than Stanley, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Holmes, Atkins and Bruhn.
They have young raw talent and are pushing teams in losses. We'll win but I expect some frustration and few clean Wardlaw/Sheezel/LDU clearances. Those three have more talent combined than our whole midfield rotation. Bigger bodies and experience should get it done though and we are a yard ahead in the forward and backline

I can actually imagine an upset brewing here. I think our midfield is absolutely shot this season. If we don't get first hands on it and we have to chase all day, things could boil over.
Bad as our midfield has been, they lack role players down the list and have only a handful of good players forward and back. We should deal with them though they are a chance of give us a second quarter scare

They have young raw talent and are pushing teams in losses. We'll win but I expect some frustration and few clean Wardlaw/Sheezel/LDU clearances. Those three have more talent combined than our whole midfield rotation. Bigger bodies and experience should get it done though and we are a yard ahead in the forward and backline

Sorry, but is that meant as a joke?

I get the hype around Wardlaw & Scheezel, but they have a total of 21 games between them - I don't need to look at our midfield rotation to know that Dangerfield has more talent then those two combined

As for where those 2 end up in their careers - let's see where the journey goes, but as of right now and going into today's game, I'm backing in our midfield rotation as having the better talent on the field today. That's including LDU with North and factoring in their combined 100 games of experience heading into today's game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some seriously delusional pessimism here.

Adelaide, who on form is around our level, won by 11 goals against North last week.

Only inclement weather will save them from similar fate today.

Smith dropped (found wanting). Hoping Menegola is a late in, or Sub.
Oisin Mullin isn't ready for AFL. Many seem too easily elated when he kicks the ball, and only gloss over his mistakes.
It would be smarter to play Parfitt, Knevitt or Dempsey or actually all 3 in this game against Nth.
Another untimely grouping of injuries and this will be a wasted opportunity to amalgamate alternatives considering the remaining H&A games are largely against teams currently in the 8.

I get the hype around Wardlaw & Scheezel, but they have a total of 21 games between them - I don't need to look at our midfield rotation to know that Dangerfield has more talent then those two combined

As for where those 2 end up in their careers - let's see where the journey goes, but as of right now and going into today's game, I'm backing in our midfield rotation as having the better talent on the field today. That's including LDU with North and factoring in their combined 100 games of experience heading into today's game
I get his point though - Danger is obviously a beast but beyond him, the cupboard is pretty bloody bare. Guthrie out all year has been a defining factor for us. With Danger constantly proppy with injuries, we've had zero genuine inside ball winners. Danger back in after lots of layoffs - we can't expect him to be towelling three young kids with genuine skill and grunt all game. Atkins / Holmes / Bruhn really need to start picking up the baton a little more.

Anyhow, I feel like all I've done in this thread so far is be critical of the Cats, so I'll change course a bit.

We should win - hopefully we just get through it without any more injuries and the Irish boys put on a show.

Cats by 25

Sorry if this isn't in the right thread to ask, but my friend tried to transfer me a reserved seat ticket to use at the game but the transfer didn't work.

And now the ticket isn't coming up, has anyone experienced this before and know what to do? Thanks.

It would be smarter to play Parfitt, Knevitt or Dempsey or actually all 3 in this game against Nth.
Personally I think Parfitt should just be traded. He's shown his full hand and it's a low pair at best. He shouldn't be taking the spot of a younger player who may yet turn into something.

I also said we'd get it done through experience and bigger bodies.

Oisin Mullin isn't ready for AFL.

Maybe not, but I think it's wise to invest a few senior games in players who aren't quite ready. It shows them what the highest level is like, gives them something to work on in the magoos. And I think Mullin is one we ought to be investing in, because some genuine dash off half-back is something we've been missing for a while.

Smith dropped (found wanting). Hoping Menegola is a late in, or Sub.
Oisin Mullin isn't ready for AFL. Many seem too easily elated when he kicks the ball, and only gloss over his mistakes.
Another untimely grouping of injuries and this will be a wasted opportunity to amalgamate alternatives considering the remaining H&A games are largely against teams currently in the 8.

Smith managed & will be back next week - if he was actually dropped, he'd be playing VFL

Menegola needs game time, and if it's not 4 quarters in the seniors then it needs to be 4 quarters in the VFL. The sub should also be an impact player and just not sure that's Menegola - endurance is/was his strength (don't know how much his knee issues of the past 2 seasons has taken out of him), while speed especially over those first few steps has always been a weakness. Just not sure a player in the style of Menegola, and with such little footy under his belt is a good sub choice

I'd be more inclined to give him another couple of weeks in the VFL to see if he can find touch, build to a level of match fitness that can see him play in the seniors and show that he's not being hindered by his knee concerns when backing up over multiple weeks

Personally I think Parfitt should just be traded. He's shown his full hand and it's a low pair at best. He shouldn't be taking the spot of a younger player who may yet turn into something.
Parfitt is only 25, can tackle & has finals experience. He's not like Dollhouse, who played a painful abundance of games for God only knows what reason.

Sorry if this isn't in the right thread to ask, but my friend tried to transfer me a reserved seat ticket to use at the game but the transfer didn't work.

And now the ticket isn't coming up, has anyone experienced this before and know what to do? Thanks.
Does your friend still have the ticket & QR code on their phone?

If so, it might be easier for them to take a screenshot of it and send you the screenshot to use of the QR code

Some seriously delusional pessimism here.

Adelaide, who on form is around our level, won by 11 goals against North last week.

Only inclement weather will save them from similar fate today.
Maybe I'm just hung over. I do think we win by 5 goals. I'm just expecting some patches of frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back