Preview Geelong V North Sun Jul 9 110pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i get sent to rural Georgia for a gig in what can only be described as a sweaty red neck hell whole for 8 days and whilst im covered in sweat and god knows what kinda bugs for 18 hours a day the Cats go to the Swans and clearly pack everything but the will to win.

Oh well.. 2 points is better than 0 and the Gate A18 at Hartfield Jackson certainly got an earful of KROCK and the call of the game and me yelling in the last 1/4.

That said , we move onto this week V North at home and by Gee by Gingo by Crikey they had better find that will to win and use of it this week as anyhting but the 4 points and % boost will spell trouble for the Hoops IMO.

WE want to continue to control our own destiny and we need 4 points and % to do that.

Must be switched on from the get go and make every post a winner - something we have struggled to do all year.

PFD, Mitch and Rhys should be better for the outing last week and I think we finally had an injury free game so most all should be available and we might even get another name off the injury list too.

North cannot be taken lightly and we are still the hunted and reigning Premier for whats that worth so each week we get the extra attention for that - need to ride that out and overcome it.

Jezza should also be back this week perhaps after the KO - unless the shoulder is a thing now.

Get it done Geelong

GO Catters

Duncan and Smith to be rested as the club wouldn't have the cherries to say they are dropped.

Wouldn't risk Cameron this week. Huge concussion and if we err on the side of caution for hamstrings, then surely this easy decision.

Need a marking target forward and we dont need as many big defenders as we had vs Sydney, so 1 of SDK, Henry or Ratagolea have to move to the other end. Don't care which one.

That said , we move onto this week V North at home and by Gee by Gingo by Crikey they had better find that will to win and use of it this week as anyhting but the 4 points and % boost will spell trouble for the Hoops IMO.

Percentage is surely irrelevant for us now following the draw, unless we think that we'll finish on the same points as Sydney, Richmond or Carlton.

That said I'd like to see us put the foot down and go into the next block of season-defining games after a big win.

North are usually competitive for a quarter or two, I'd like to see us come out with a ruthless mindset instead of muck around with a 10-20 point lead for a half.

West Coast nearly knocked of the Saints and it's a great pity they didn't - would have helped us.

But the point is you can't take any game for granted: who knows what we'll deliver at the weekend?

I doubt Cameron will play. Holmes needs to get a few kicks. Ollie Henry needs to play 4 quarters. The back half needs to start working together. Bews and Esava will be lucky to stay in. Smith maybe. Duncan made a difference when he went in to the centre but will need to play better again.

Knevitt straight back in to the guts. Mullin for Bews? Dempsey for Smith? O'Connor for Esava?

Smith Henry OUT
Dempsey Cameron IN
Whisper is Holmes might miss??... hope not.
Bowes?? for MOC?? Maybe Knevitt?? Left field.. Parfitt returns.
Looks like a wet windy day Sunday which will no doubt change the line up.

So i get sent to rural Georgia for a gig in what can only be described as a sweaty red neck hell whole for 8 days and whilst im covered in sweat and god knows what kinda bugs for 18 hours a day the Cats go to the Swans and clearly pack everything but the will to win.

Sounds like you had a real fun time Daz. ;)

Duncan and Smith to be rested as the club wouldn't have the cherries to say they are dropped.

Wouldn't risk Cameron this week. Huge concussion and if we err on the side of caution for hamstrings, then surely this easy decision.

Need a marking target forward and we dont need as many big defenders as we had vs Sydney, so 1 of SDK, Henry or Ratagolea have to move to the other end. Don't care which one.

With Hawkins, plus Rohan and Ollie Henry who can both take a grab I think we're okay in that area, and I wouldn't be in favour or tampering with our defence, other then omitting Ratugolea and reverting to the defensive structure that helped us to a flag last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Percentage is surely irrelevant for us now following the draw, unless we think that we'll finish on the same points as Sydney, Richmond or Carlton.

That said I'd like to see us put the foot down and go into the next block of season-defining games after a big win.

North are usually competitive for a quarter or two, I'd like to see us come out with a ruthless mindset instead of muck around with a 10-20 point lead for a half.
I thought that too, but knowing us, we'll get another draw this season

I agree on Smith and Cameron. But not sure that they will rest Duncan as they need to run him into form. I think they will view that can’t go back to back without Duncan back to his best.

I also agree we will rest/drop a defender. To be honest the only rest possible would be Kolo (Henry and SDK need continuity) - otherwise they should take Sav back to the twos.

They wont want to manage More than two otherwise looks disrespectful to Roos (although they don’t deserve respect given lost 13 in a row). If we are serious this needs to be a “fill your boots up” game and rest a couple.

Managed: Smith, Kolo/Sav
In: MOC, Dempsey/Bowes

A lot has been made of our poor defence on the weekend. Mainly re. extra tall, in particular Esava.

I would drop a tall defender (although personally not Esava). But I think this overlooks the fact that our main problem on the weekend was the lack of pressure in the middle of the ground. Sydney were able to waltz in and hit up short passes for marks inside 50 at will. There were also instances where Stewart and SDK were caught out guarding space while a Sydney forward marked uncontested, it wasn't isolated to any defender in particular.

Dropping a KPD may help, but the main thing I'd hope for this week is a lift in intensity from our midfield group. Holmes, Smith, Danger, Blicavs all need to improve from the weekend just gone.

I agree on Smith and Cameron. But not sure that they will rest Duncan as they need to run him into form. I think they will view that can’t go back to back without Duncan back to his best.

I also agree we will rest/drop a defender. To be honest the only rest possible would be Kolo (Henry and SDK need continuity) - otherwise they should take Sav back to the twos.

They wont want to manage More than two otherwise looks disrespectful to Roos (although they don’t deserve respect given lost 13 in a row). If we are serious this needs to be a “fill your boots up” game and rest a couple.

Managed: Smith, Kolo/Sav
In: MOC, Dempsey/Bowes
Sav has been great on the intercepts but he is lost on the ground too often and when the ball hits the deck. And has only one kick in him.

The experiment has proved he can play but IMO he unbalances the side so should go out.

EDIT: I am confident he will not be dropped

It got lost in amongst Sydney being SO bad in front of goal that even a slightly better than 50% conversion rate for us (10.9.69) would've secured a 15 point win. If your opponent misfires you have to punish them, as we did in the Melbourne and Bulldogs games.

While we won't necessarily need to be accurate to win this one, good goal kicking form for a handful of our players is necessary for the run in to be successful. So, 18.12 rather than 10.20, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back