Geezuz, SHUT UP Dermie!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Complete know-it-all and loves trying to over-analyse games.

It's very common these days for commentators to make a comment/prediction early in games and then present the rest of the game in a way that makes it as if they are some clairvoyant genius, even if it's in fact something mundane.

Nathan Brown on Triple M loved doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't get an Eagles or Freo players name right, got both captains wrong last year and has his little "mm yes, good" or "ah yes, just like that" small commentary mid-play as if he has some deep metaphysical connection to the psyche of the person currently holding the ball.

Mind you, whenever he gets me down I go back and watch the replay of him being pole-axed across the boundry line by Woosha in 1991. Sublimmeeeeeee

Don't mind Dermie at all. He has a greater love and deeper understanding of the game than pretty much any other commentator. He does take too long to explain a lot of (often basic) things but at least he makes an effort to provide insight and it's obvious how genuinely interested he is in the sport.

He is fine if actually calling the football but that is 5% of the time. 95% is him waffling on about crap that has nothing to do with the game.

slight exaggeration but I get your point & agree, however almost all current commentators can be accused of the exact same thing, line one in the footy callers handbook must be 'if you cant say something relevant, say anything!'. At least Derm has a knowledge base & insight that can add value to a broadcast, unlike many others calling the game.

That said, can't believe I'm defending the Bomber hating Hawks flog;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back