No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herald sun reporting that Robbie Warnock was 'detained' at LAX. Paywall so couldn't read the details.

I been through that airport a few times. One time remember I had to goto some customs room for 20 minutes and wait to move on. Never ever found out why, but whilst I was there I remember some people from other nations clearly south of USA borders were talked to pretty shabbily if they were asking innocent questions etc etc.
Did not think much of their officials as a result. Did not bother me apart from me having to wait patiently but if you were a bit agitated might be a different experience. I imagine if your luggage already missing you probably agitated and the last thing you need is silly customs officials being overly annoying. I suspect Robbie was less patient than normal if not got much sleep on flight and then find your luggage missing at the other end. Probably be sorted out in 24 hours but curious to find out exactly what went on for them to actually detain him 12 hours and actually in some lock up. Maybe it is not even lock up and it just makes a good headline for the papers.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3rd man up, another s**t rule (like deliberate rushed behind) by a reactionary committee seeking to justify its existence.
promo316432679

Leave the rules alone.

Geelong did nothing wrong, that was the rule at the time and they used it to their advantage.

There is no need to squeal about what they did just because our club refused to embrace whole draft & salary cap thing for way to long.
Issue has nothing to do with embracing the draft. When you nominate a player under f/s, and pick him in the third or fourth round thereby allowing you to use your first and second round picks.....it is a rort and it sets up your club for a decade.

Issue has nothing to do with embracing the draft. When you nominate a player under f/s, and pick him in the third or fourth round thereby allowing you to use your first and second round picks.....it is a rort and it sets up your club for a decade.

They were the rules at the time, there is nothing to get your knickers in a twist over.

Less than 130k watched TFS last night. Lowest figures ever. If there is a God.......
Can't believe that many still watch that rubbish. Gave up on it when Ed was still the host. Childish boys being childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back