General CROWS talk ~ topical tidbits ...the thread for when you can't find a thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afc.com.au/news/572986

I don’t think this is a good idea.

Valuing the home jumper more highly than the away one is only a small step from valuing home performances higher.

Which is only a small step away from the Cornes “we only have to pinch an away win to make finals” attitude that led the club to accept mediocre performances in Melbourne for years.

Don’t think it’s too much of an issue, but could be resolved by having a third ‘Pre-season’ jumper, which could not have the Tri-colour bands on it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd steal a really young player like a Tim Taranto. Reckon you can build a generation around his class.

The Bont is fantastic but he's 25 at the end of the year so he'll be finished before we're good again

I'd go Josh Kelly. We haven't had a mid who can hit a ******* target since McLeod and Edwards.

https://www.afc.com.au/news/572986

I don’t think this is a good idea.

Valuing the home jumper more highly than the away one is only a small step from valuing home performances higher.

Which is only a small step away from the Cornes “we only have to pinch an away win to make finals” attitude that led the club to accept mediocre performances in Melbourne for years.
Completely disagree. This is one of the best recent things the club has done.

The navy blue hoops jumper should be sacred and never change. Wearing it for the first time should mean something because playing for the club should be something incredibly important.

I'm happy for the away jumper to change every year or two, but the navy blue hoops should always be special.

Completely disagree. This is one of the best recent things the club has done.

The navy blue hoops jumper should be sacred and never change. Wearing it for the first time should mean something because playing for the club should be something incredibly important.

I'm happy for the away jumper to change every year or two, but the navy blue hoops should always be special.

So in their AFL debuts, both Tex and Sloane wore one of the red jumpers in an away game. The implication of your argument is that getting picked for a home match should mean more because there get to don the blue hoops.

Don’t get me wrong, I love our blue guernsey. I like bayside_crow’s suggestion of a pre season top because there’s a world of difference between a preseason hit out and a match for premiership points. But we have to be careful we don’t start devaluing away games. We’ve been there under Cornes and it wasn’t good.

So in their AFL debuts, both Tex and Sloane wore one of the red jumpers in an away game. The implication of your argument is that getting picked for a home match should mean more because there get to don the blue hoops.

Don’t get me wrong, I love our blue guernsey. I like bayside_crow’s suggestion of a pre season top because there’s a world of difference between a preseason hit out and a match for premiership points. But we have to be careful we don’t start devaluing away games. We’ve been there under Cornes and it wasn’t good.

Do we sometimes wear the home guernsey for an away game if there is no clash?

I'm having a bit of a mind blank tbh....

Yea, the easy way around it is to have a pre-season only guernsey that doesn't have the tri-hoops on it and let that be your special thing, you don't get to wear the red, blue and yellow hoops until you're selected for a game for premiership points.

Yea, the easy way around it is to have a pre-season only guernsey that doesn't have the tri-hoops on it and let that be your special thing, you don't get to wear the red, blue and yellow hoops until you're selected for a game for premiership points.

We would have only needed to order 25 home jumpers under the previous football department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know who threw the apple in the 1997 prelim?

Or were sitting near them or saw it happen?

Or even threw it yourself...?
Nope but I threw my full cup of beer at a whole bunch of people when Darren Jarman got a free against in the Subiaco game in ‘98. We got done by the dockers.
I think two dockers players did there knees in identical fashion and location in that game although I might be getting crossed wires there.

a bit like getting to wear the baggy green as a cricketer. It’s a good idea.

I'd steal a really young player like a Tim Taranto. Reckon you can build a generation around his class.

The Bont is fantastic but he's 25 at the end of the year so he'll be finished before we're good again
You overrate Taranto. Like Brad he has the veneer of a contest oriented player but actually gets more of his ball uncontested. And he isn’t a great user of the ball. He is a good player but you can definitely find better.

Hopper for instance is comfortably more influential than Taranto. Wins more contests and uses it better.

You overrate Taranto. Like Brad he has the veneer of a contest oriented player but actually gets more of his ball uncontested. And he isn’t a great user of the ball. He is a good player but you can definitely find better.

Hopper for instance is comfortably more influential than Taranto. Wins more contests and uses it better.
I’d hoped the club went after Hopper a couple of years ago when he was coming out of contract. The only concern was his speed .. still

It's back!

A brand new decade with brand new rules. Well... actually the same rules. I did promise a "New and Exciting Format" at the close of last season but I can't remember any of the changes I was planning to make. I'm sure they were convoluted and confusing so probably a good thing.

We were able to fit in three installments of the goal kicking game last season due to our inept play. Let's hope we're barely able to finish the first one this time.

Current Reigning Champion: Redleg Crow

Hall of Fame: AdelaideFan14, Coopers, Hinkstuff, SugarShane, Dirty Bird, jenny61_99, AFC979810, ok.crows, Samcro24, Crowowowow, Crouch, El Doederino, Crouch again, Brenton Davy, SugarShane again, Redleg Crow
Any chance we can consider moving all competition threads into a sub-forum?

Could have just one thread in main forum where you can bump to announce new comps, changes, etc.

concerned kitten [e].jpg

Any chance we can consider moving all competition threads into a sub-forum?

Could have just one thread in main forum where you can bump to announce new comps, changes, etc.

concerned kitten [e].jpg
A sub forum for three threads feels like overkill

So an archive thing?

I'm not sure whether archiving threads from many years ago is needed

Three active threads just not enough to warrant an entire forum
I see 5 with unread posts on the first page of our main board a.t.m.

I'd be happy if we had an Ignore thread functionality - I guess this has been asked about?

(Actually, I'd be really happy if we had this)

I see 5 with unread posts on the first page of our main board a.t.m.

I'd be happy if we had an Ignore thread functionality - I guess this has been asked about?

(Actually, I'd be really happy if we had this)
I'll ask about that function

I'll ask about that function
I don't have high hopes it's possible but...

imgur-com-ren_and_stimpy-4ettazj-e-jpg.572589

Remove this Banner Ad

Back