General cycling news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm firmly of the opinion that he should be suing the parents of the little brats, for failing to supervise their offspring.

Two wrongs do not make a right. It's just a pity that one wrong has been punished, but not the other.
That's fair.

Oh yeah, if anyone is interested in the CRO Race starting tonight, it's on SBS On Demand. Have Geraint Thomas, Damiano Caruso and Jonas Vingegaard competing for GC. Unfortunately Uno-X aren't picking Tobias Halland Johannessen for it to make it interesting. The Viviani brothers and Nils Einkhoff are the main sprinters along with Aberasturi for Trek, who's form this year suggests he's near the end.

Leaks have started to come about the Giro parcourse already. Apparently 60 km of time trialing this year, and the opening stage is an 18.4 km time trial along a bike track on the Adriatic Coast.

I think they're trying to tempt Remco into preferencing the Giro over the Tour.

People are losing sight that the MVP incident was embarrassing for Australia - You don't expect to have these kind of incidents occur at a World Championship Sporting event. This is big news in Europe.

Knocking on doors, setting off alarms etc to keep athletes awake is nothing new in Europe when in comes to other sports, especially football/soccer

It might be odd that it happened in Australia and that it happened to a cyclist, but I don't think it is embarrassing for anyone other than the kids, their parents and MvdP

Knocking on doors, setting off alarms etc to keep athletes awake is nothing new in Europe when in comes to other sports, especially football/soccer

It might be odd that it happened in Australia and that it happened to a cyclist, but I don't think it is embarrassing for anyone other than the kids, their parents and MvdP
... and the hotel management.

The details are still a bit sketchy on MVDP incident but it's now known he entered the girls hotel room and placed his hands on them. This is a terrible look for a professional/media personality. Call the front desk, call team management, send his GF out to talk them, so many other options and he chose the one he did. Just stupid.

The details are still a bit sketchy on MVDP incident but it's now known he entered the girls hotel room and placed his hands on them. This is a terrible look for a professional/media personality. Call the front desk, call team management, send his GF out to talk them, so many other options and he chose the one he did. Just stupid.
Yep. So by the sounds of it the girls were staying in a room by themselves while mum stayed in the room next door.

The fact he thought it was a good idea not to contact hotel management but rather charge into the room of underage girls and rough them ups tells you a little bit about this guy.

The girlfriend did speak to the girls asking them to stop - You will get a fuller version of events if you access foreign media.

Imagine the biggest day of your life is on tomorrow and you DESPERATELY need a good sleep to perform in it... then constantly throughout the night 2 little feral shits keep smacking your door for hours and hours to ensure you can't sleep.... Most normal people would lose their s**t in that circumstance, I hope those little shits feel remorse and their parents learn something.

Quintana leaving Arkea. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, maybe EF? Can't see Arkea being WT in 3 years time without him though

Imagine the biggest day of your life is on tomorrow and you DESPERATELY need a good sleep to perform in it... then constantly throughout the night 2 little feral shits keep smacking your door for hours and hours to ensure you can't sleep.... Most normal people would lose their s**t in that circumstance, I hope those little shits feel remorse and their parents learn something.

That's not what happened, the incident was at something like 10:30 -11pm. If he handled it more appropriately he would have got plenty of sleep but it seems a few of the Dutch had issues with the quality of accommodation their country booked them which has probably increased the level of frustration leading up to this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the three starts for the Grand Tour's have been confirmed.

Giro are doing a 14 km ITT as above. Will be interesting to see who chooses the Giro given there is a lot of time trialing in it.
Tour have a hilly stage in Bilbao to begin with it seems, could be a big one.
Vuelta have gone the TTT to start with again, which I love for them.

He could win a stage without one but they seem to have Cees Bol training with them as well and Astana do have some guys who can TT which can translate to sprint train attributes. On a side note the bones of the B&B fiasco are getting picked apart but I still have seen no mention of what Nick Schultz is doing, at worst he could be back at a pro-conti squad but given his TDF there should still be interest from a WT team.

He could win a stage without one but they seem to have Cees Bol training with them as well and Astana do have some guys who can TT which can translate to sprint train attributes. On a side note the bones of the B&B fiasco are getting picked apart but I still have seen no mention of what Nick Schultz is doing, at worst he could be back at a pro-conti squad but given his TDF there should still be interest from a WT team.
I feel like he's perfect for someone like Arkea or Alpecin. Alpecin can take him to 2 of the 3 GT's and use him as a stage hunter or KOM chaser. Arkea have a Quintana sized hole in their roster as well.

Apparently off to Israel PremierTech. Really smart option.

Yeah saw that. Should get freedom to be in breaks which is good for him.
And is a genuine GC top 10 option for them too in week long races

Remove this Banner Ad

Back